What Happens To The Money Donated To The Harmandir

Balwinder Singh

Why dont normal sikhs have the access to the annual transactions done by SGPC? Why nobody cares about the money given by sangat of the guru? I know people who are not well to do but they donate major amounts to harmandir sahib whenever they visit. I think sikhs should ask for yearly expenditure or SGPC should do all this public if its not yet.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

The budget of the SGPC is published in the March-April editions of Gurdwara Gazette. There is corruption in every organisation, when ever the PM can be a chor such as Rajiv Gandhi then you can't expect the rest of the people to be squeeky clean. The SGPC runs many schools, hospitals and other institutions which take a great part of their revenue. It is true that parchar has suffered in the last few decades and the condition of Sikhi in Punjab at the moment shows that the SGPC has failed miserably in this regard. This is in marked constrast to the early days of the SGPC when the parchar was so strong that even parcharaks were sent to far off places such as south india.

As for the laughable comment that the Akal Takht was in better hands with the Nihangs in charge I wish the person who made that comment would look at the conditions of the Gurdwaras before the SGPC.

Yes the SGPC run serai and colleges and hospitals.

But have you seen the state of these ?

The serai stink and are really disgusting. The bedding etc looks as if it has never been washed. Take a look at the Guru Gobind Singh Ji NRI trust serai at Hazur Sahib. It is run properly and everything is clean. They have a lot lower income than the like of the SGPC and the management committee at Hazur Sahib.

The toilets are in a similar state.

The colleges and hospitals are also very poor. The colleges are nice becasue the sGPC members can get their stupid children in under the NRI quota and then not pay the NRI course fees.

Also forgot. Jagiro will use the charwa to but herself fancy cars, she did this a month ago when she spent 18/19 lakh on a new car.

I went to the Info office and there was a SGPC employe sitting there with 2 or 3 mobile phones so no doubt you will be paying for these as well.

Khalsa Ji

The money donated into the gurudwara's who knows where it goes. Forget a sikh, one should not accuse anyone until you have seen it with your own eyes.

As far as donating money is concerned, if your friend wants to give money out, then tell him to go to a third world country, seek some poor families himself, and ensure that they are fed, or their children can get some education.

There is some ownership of the responsibility that you take, so ensure that you keep an eye on it and stay in touch with concerned.

Hope that clarifies.

Fateh . ... . . . . . . .

Well dear bro i have been there alot of time and if u are talking of sarai of hazoor sahib i have seen that too... then check the sarai newly made by SGPC at golden temple for NRI's check the facilities there... why coz NRI gives dollars as donation so what is this all.... why they treat different to NRI people.... why u feel that NRI should be treated diferently, shouldnt there be equality there

there is no reason for criticizing anything... regarding that car?? well u can take it this way...if somebody is a big officer of a firm the company provides him the facilities like house car etc... the only thing is here things gets highlighted more

rest as mentioned by another veerji, forget about any trust etc and go urself and consume money urself and help things up urself so that no doubt could be there... other the indian system everybody knows that how much corrupt it is... so my suggestion that go ahead for urself and do the needful with ur donation and this is really required that things should actually reach the people....

i was jst letting know what i see and wat is going on....

Well dear bro i have been there alot of time and if u are talking of sarai of hazoor sahib i have seen that too... then check the sarai newly made by SGPC at golden temple for NRI's check the facilities there... why coz NRI gives dollars as donation so what is this all.... why they treat different to NRI people.... why u feel that NRI should be treated diferently, shouldnt there be equality there

there is no reason for criticizing anything... regarding that car?? well u can take it this way...if somebody is a big officer of a firm the company provides him the facilities like house car etc... the only thing is here things gets highlighted more

rest as mentioned by another veerji, forget about any trust etc and go urself and consume money urself and help things up urself so that no doubt could be there... other the indian system everybody knows that how much corrupt it is... so my suggestion that go ahead for urself and do the needful with ur donation and this is really required that things should actually reach the people....

i was jst letting know what i see and wat is going on....

135138[/snapback]

Yes NRI should be treated the same. People from India are allowed to stay at the serai at Hazur Sahib. One of the reasons why it was built was because of the state all the other serai were in. The management at Hazur Sahib offered to take over running of the new trust but is was declined as they are incapable of doing a good job. I was at Nankana Sahib a while back and they have two newish serai blocks (on far left hand side). One was given to NRI and the other to a Jatha from Delhi. The NRI occupied serai was kept clean by those occupying it, the delhi occupied one was left with rubbish strewn everywhere in the building.

There may be a new NRI serai at the Harimandir Sahib complex (I think Soho Road were building one such serai and those behind the Hazur Sahib serai want to build another). They were needed as well as unless you are Badals chamcha or Jagiros dholl it is hard to get a room in the SGPC serai. They always claim they are full untill you mention you know xyz and pull out a few phone numbers.

As for the car. Does she really need a 18 lakh car. What was wrong with a 5/6 lakh Tata or Mahindra ? To be entrusted with managing a Guru Ghar is sewa, as such people should not expect benefits in kind for any work such as fancy cars.

Gurdwara's dont need ay more money.. what are they gonna use the mopney for parcharr (i dont hink so ) or more gold on gurdwaras????

Money shoyuld be givin to gareebs and people who areneeded of it... Nishkam is a good place to donate they have been doing a lot of sewa d_oh.gif

http://www.nishkam.org/

i do agree with veer intarnational akali je tha we shud try our bests to give as much money as we can to the poor

but make sure u dont give MONEY

but items such as food

if u give money chances r they gonna buy drugs, etc.

cause thas one of the main reasons peole r poor and stuff

drugs

a very bad thign

donating to gurughar is not bad

gurughars have HUGE BILLS Man

how u think gurughar pays bills lol

many times ive noticed comitee memebrs pay a lot of money from there own pockets to help gurughar heated, etc.

doing charawa to gurughars is not a bad thing

we shud do everthing in ma opinion

give to poor, gurughars, everyone

bhula chuka maf