What Happens To The Money Donated To The Harmandir

Balwinder Singh

I was just thinking what happens to the chrawa/donations given to harmandir sahib by sikhs/non-sikhs. My friend told me that he is planning to donate some BIG amount to harmandir sahib because guru ji gave him so much. So I was just thinking what happens to the money donated there. Do they have some programs where they help poor people or do something good with the money?

I m just curious. Forgive me for my ignorance.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh.

Where shall I start.

Most the SGPC Gurdwara have large farms which run into hundreds of acres so that is a major source of earning for them.

Now what happens to what the sangat gives.

Jagiro buys a new koti in defence colony Jalandhar for over a crore rupees.

Jagiro goes on trips abroad and takes her family with her using the sangat charawa.

The so called parchar people drive round and use vehicles as family property without doing the parchar.

There have been reports that during her last tenure she also stole from sealed caskets which contain gold that people leave as charwa. The seals on a few caskets were broken and nothing was inside.

I am sure Guru Ji will understand if the money goes to a more worthwhile cause than into Jagiro pocket. Give it to a needy person or family. I am sure there are enough 1984 genocide victims who still need help.

ITs not the only aspect members that money is misused by SGPC, and that is true everywhere whereeverI person has a power it happens... but they do are using money in proper way too. I lived in Amritsar till 2005 before leaving for Taiwan. They has buses to run continuosly for sangats who come to visit goldent temple from bus stand and station to Golden temple free of cost. They have made new staying places (sarah) and now try to expand the buidings of golden temple to accomodate more and more sangat during the visits, managing many hospitals and schools plus managing all the guruduwaras in punjab etc, networking, airing of golden temple kirtan, computerization etc etc... these all things have been done.Yes corruption is verywhere and we haveto go by it we cant expect100% true person even i am damn sure that members here in this board when given power of SGPC will do the same, what is happening...

FATEH

ITs not the only aspect members that money is misused by SGPC, and that is true everywhere whereeverI person has a power it happens... but they do are using money in proper way too. I lived in Amritsar till 2005 before leaving for Taiwan. They has buses to run continuosly for sangats who come to visit goldent temple from bus stand and station to Golden temple free of cost. They have made new staying places (sarah) and now try to expand the buidings of golden temple  to accomodate more and more sangat during the visits, managing many hospitals and schools plus managing all the guruduwaras in punjab etc, networking, airing of golden temple kirtan, computerization etc etc... these all things have been done.Yes corruption is verywhere and we haveto go by it we cant expect100% true person even i am damn sure that members here in this board  when given power of SGPC will do the same, what is happening...

FATEH

134973[/snapback]

true say.. not everyone is perfect but at the same time corruption shouldn't be condoned

ITs not the only aspect members that money is misused by SGPC, and that is true everywhere whereeverI person has a power it happens... but they do are using money in proper way too. I lived in Amritsar till 2005 before leaving for Taiwan. They has buses to run continuosly for sangats who come to visit goldent temple from bus stand and station to Golden temple free of cost. They have made new staying places (sarah) and now try to expand the buidings of golden temple  to accomodate more and more sangat during the visits, managing many hospitals and schools plus managing all the guruduwaras in punjab etc, networking, airing of golden temple kirtan, computerization etc etc... these all things have been done.Yes corruption is verywhere and we haveto go by it we cant expect100% true person even i am damn sure that members here in this board  when given power of SGPC will do the same, what is happening...

FATEH

134973[/snapback]

Agree with your post..... I have lived in amritsar too and have lived in sarai on one of my trips..... The srvices you told do exist but their standard is poor. One bus drives passengers from railway station to darbar sahib and it is crowded. Moreover it hardly cost Rs. 15 to go by an autorickshaw or rickshaw........

About sarai..... the beddings are soiled and not washed properly, plus to get a room you need to have links and make few calls (i got one through my friend's dad).

The budget of SGPC runs into crores and nealry half of it is for petrol and transportation expenditures for members. You can judge for yourself from the condition of most of the historical gurudwaras under SGPC in punjab. Even the karsewa at darbar sahib is carried out by babas.

As for your friend wanting to make contributions, balwinder singhji, ask him to spend his money with humantarian agencies, pingalwara, cry, or provide langars for poor and stuff like that. Guru ji said the mouth of a poor is guru's golak...... Spend his money where others dont. Lot of people do sewa for darbar sahib, which is good thing, but nobody cares of poor. Donate to orphanage, gur asra trust..... if someone really wants to donate for the cause of it and not to get their name etched on the marble in darbar sahib and get a picture taken, they can find lot of poor people all over the country.......

I was moved deeply when i sat into a rickshaw being pulled by this really old guy..... he work daily to earn 2 times of food in amritsar, guru ki nagri, whether its 49 degrees C, or freezing -4 degrees.

Find out about the various organisations and donate to them..... Guruji would be more than happy.....

bhul Chuk maaf

FATEH

134973[/snapback]

Agree with your post..... I have lived in amritsar too and have lived in sarai on one of my trips..... The srvices you told do exist but their standard is poor. One bus drives passengers from railway station to darbar sahib and it is crowded. Moreover it hardly cost Rs. 15 to go by an autorickshaw or rickshaw........

About sarai..... the beddings are soiled and not washed properly, plus to get a room you need to have links and make few calls (i got one through my friend's dad).

The budget of SGPC runs into crores and nealry half of it is for petrol and transportation expenditures for members. You can judge for yourself from the condition of most of the historical gurudwaras under SGPC in punjab. Even the karsewa at darbar sahib is carried out by babas.

As for your friend wanting to make contributions, balwinder singhji, ask him to spend his money with humantarian agencies, pingalwara, cry, or provide langars for poor and stuff like that. Guru ji said the mouth of a poor is guru's golak...... Spend his money where others dont. Lot of people do sewa for darbar sahib, which is good thing, but nobody cares of poor. Donate to orphanage, gur asra trust..... if someone really wants to donate for the cause of it and not to get their name etched on the marble in darbar sahib and get a picture taken, they can find lot of poor people all over the country.......

I was moved deeply when i sat into a rickshaw being pulled by this really old guy..... he work daily to earn 2 times of food in amritsar, guru ki nagri, whether its 49 degrees C, or freezing -4 degrees.

Find out about the various organisations and donate to them..... Guruji would be more than happy.....

bhul Chuk maaf

134985[/snapback]

How r u sure dear bro that donating to other organizations will go to the needy. Your forget the basic concept that in India everybody sitting at higher position is chor..... yes I myself is very much angry of what u said that you get rooms on sifarish etc etc... but I find it good that they are improving things for everybody and managing guruduwaras all over India is also their responsibility, dont consider example ofgolden temple, see all other guruduwaras and facilites they are providing now for the pilgrims etc. Yes its not that SGPCis wrong, its the local level corruption which made u feel like same.... So once it is gone you will find thatmoney was invested properly was never applied to peoples properly..