Hmm

akjforever

sometimes you gotta eat for family relations....just make it a habit of not associating with such people more than required. (just from personal experience. I also have to attend family functions where such substances are present. I try to avoid much of the food, but you still need to bite the bullet at times)

Situations also make alot of things....its not that u have to go find a person who is all that pure do naam simran and cooks food, in many parts you have to do alot of compromises.. Although I am not amritdhari but no nonveg is made in my house, but i can eat nonveg when required outside and as I am at present in a country where people 99% eat non-veg all four times in a day, how can uavoid it...

Fateh

Meateaters/drinkers who have a kirtan at their home and serve langar afterwards is wrong because they use the same utensils/pots that they make the meat in for the langar. The fact that it is made in their home is the problem. I don't see the difference between this and eating outside fast food. Calling it langar does change how it was made. It has happened to me where I go to kirtan to someone's place and then afterwards I can't get myself to eat the langar. The homeowner feels bad and asks why I won't eat their food. I am not saying that my rehat is perfect, it is from far it, but I just can't eat the langar.

Galtee Maaf Karneea Jeeo

Meateaters/drinkers who have a kirtan at their home and serve langar afterwards is wrong because they use the same utensils/pots that they make the meat in for the langar.  The fact that it is made in their home is the problem.  I don't see the difference between this and eating outside fast food.  Calling it langar does change how it was made.  It has happened to me where I go to kirtan to someone's place and then afterwards I can't get myself to eat the langar.  The homeowner feels bad and asks why I won't eat their food.  I am not saying that my rehat is perfect, it is from far it, but I just can't eat the langar. 

Galtee Maaf Karneea Jeeo

137681[/snapback]

Why does this meat thing keep coming up.. the issue has already been settled