Would You Take Your Kirpan Off To See A Prisoner?

Simran9

This happened like more than month ago but I just remembered to post today...

There is this Singh who is in jail in Fresno county. He has been in jail for 13 years I think...He took a flight from India and the moment he landed in USA he was basically arrested. He's wanted by the Indian government for murders...stuff having to do with khalistan I think...he killed some police officers. Anyway, he has like around 30 some charges against him. All but 3 have been dropped and these 3 are the main big murders.

So this Singh is in jail and the sangat here has been raising funds to pay for his attorney and all those legal costs, and they send money to his family in India. Once in a while, some families go down there to the jail to visit him. My dad went with them to the jail. Since it was already kinda late they only allowed 3 ppl to go in to see the Singh. Basically, they have to take off their kirpans to get in. My dad said it was funny cuz everyone was holding their kirpans in their hands like it was a banana :lol: .....

That Singh in jail is in good physical shape though, strong minded....knows meanings of Gurbani even though he was young adult when he got in jail...He says its really cold in the cell since all they give you is a sheet to cover yourself. And he's not allowed to wear a dastaar because they think he could use that to kill himself.

So it got me thinking....would it be alright to take your kirpan off and leave it in your car or with someone to see a Singh who has sacrificed a lot for the panth? Maybe just to give that Singh some sangat for the time they allow you to visit him? What you think? :)

This happened like more than month ago but I just remembered to post today...

There is this Singh who is in jail in Fresno county. He has been in jail for 13 years I think...He took a flight from India and the moment he landed in USA he was basically arrested. He's wanted by the Indian government for murders...stuff having to do with khalistan I think...he killed some police officers. Anyway, he has like around 30 some charges against him. All but 3 have been dropped and these 3 are the main big murders.

So this Singh is in jail and the sangat here has been raising funds to pay for his attorney and all those legal costs, and they send money to his family in India. Once in a while, some families go down there to the jail to visit him. My dad went with them to the jail. Since it was already kinda late they only allowed 3 ppl to go in to see the Singh. Basically, they  have to take off their kirpans to get in. My dad said it was funny cuz everyone was holding their kirpans in their hands like it was a banana  :lol: .....

That Singh in jail is in good physical shape though, strong minded....knows meanings of Gurbani even though he was young adult when he got in jail...He says its really cold in the cell since all they give you is a sheet to cover yourself. And he's not allowed to wear a dastaar because they think he could use that to kill himself.

So it got me thinking....would it be alright to take your kirpan off and leave it in your car or with someone to see a Singh who has sacrificed a lot for the panth? Maybe just to give that Singh some sangat for the time they allow you to visit him? What you think?  :)

137022[/snapback]

yes most of the ragis and we sikhs frm india have to take our kirpans off when we wanna go out of country

we r not doin it due to our will its the law there and satguru ji know this.

though we shud not remove it intentionally.

as u know when guru ji became uch da pir bhai daya singh ji was asked to eat kutha meat. if they didnt eat itthey might have been trappped by mughals

so guru gobind singh ji said daya singh koi gal nahi japuji sahib di pehli pauri da paath karke te kirpan bhet karke chak leh

so in odd situations like this u can do it

but very very odd not always.......................

Similar incident from the topic title.. I was about to appear in court for my traffic ticket (To defend). Security ppls say "Can't do it" to kirpan and its good that they didn't over-react.. So simply, i went back to my home and mail the check and took the boring traffic school. (Happened to me in bay area.. sacto court i passed the security checkpoint without any problem)