Whole Guru Granth Sahib

tkkookar

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehh

sangat ji .. sikhi is not a imaginary religion but only practical truth .. every and each shabd in whole guru granth sahib ji .. does guru ji said those shabad for himself or telling to someone.. cuz where ever we read every every shabad .. always end with nanak ..seems like each and every shabad is like guru ji is talking about himself for himself to waheguroo .. what u all think ??

The Guru is written from the first person point of view. It applies to the reader and the reader alone, if there is a love in the Guru then it is for you, not the neighbour, if there are harsh words in the Guru then they are for you, no one else. People generally tend to think the Guru speaks to the Hindus and the Muslims, but not the Sikhs. Such thoughts will keep you away from the real message, which is for you not the other.

Similarily when the Katha of Baba nanak going to read the koran with a muslim, but didn't because the muslim himself wasn't reading the koran instead his mind was else where in his horses or whatevr. Such katha is generally taken towards trying to say the 'muslim' was inept in doing prayer with Baba Nanak, but hardly ever is the question raised towards the 'Sikhs'. So I ask thsoe Sikhs, if Baba Nanak came today to would he join you in your padth/Simran/Jap?

The Guru is written from the first person point of view.  It applies to the reader and the reader alone, if there is a love in the Guru then it is for you, not the neighbour, if there are harsh words in the Guru then they are for you, no one else.  People generally tend to think the Guru speaks to the Hindus and the Muslims, but not the Sikhs.  Such thoughts will keep you away from the real message, which is for you not the other.

Similarily when the Katha of Baba nanak going to read the koran with a muslim, but didn't because the muslim himself wasn't reading the koran instead his mind was else where in his horses or whatevr.  Such katha is generally taken towards trying to say the 'muslim' was inept in doing prayer with Baba Nanak, but hardly ever is the question raised towards the 'Sikhs'.  So I ask thsoe Sikhs, if Baba Nanak came today to would he join you in your padth/Simran/Jap?

137100[/snapback]

I agree totally. This first-person system allows a real bond between the Guru and the true devotee. The devotee is able to put themselves in the picture of a relationship with God, and therefore the basis of the relationship of a true devotee is made clear ( Not sure if that makes any sense outside of my own mind lol).

Also an excellent point about application of the Guru's words to your own life. It's seems crazy that by merely hearing/reading the shabads we get a sense of superiority of mind than others, and we look to criticise their actions. In reality, having knowledge of the words of Guru Ji without applying them to our lives leaves us in a worse position than those who we like to think of as ignorant of the Truth. The same pitfalls exist for all of humanity, and knowledge of these pitfalls is useless unless something is done to adress the actual issues they raise.

I think Guruji addressed himself so that not to insult somebody.

Also i think some people can mind why somebody think himself as God.

jsu some ideas...

137101[/snapback]

Does your second line mean some people would mind if the Gurus refferred to themselves as God? Sorry, just curious, it was hard to understand what exactly you meant.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehh

sangat ji .. sikhi is not a imaginary religion but only practical truth .. every and each shabd in whole guru granth sahib ji .. does guru ji said those shabad for himself or telling to someone.. cuz where ever we read every every shabad .. always end with nanak ..seems like each and every shabad is like guru ji is talking about himself for himself to waheguroo .. what u all think ??

137087[/snapback]

i fort guru ji uses himself as an example , and when it has nanak in , it means the guru ji is quoting Guru Nanak ji .

hes talking to us , i think ur gettin confused , maybe someone else can explain it better than me