Depressed Or Cant Concentrate?

WGJKKWGJKF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly on another topic you've called the vegetarians a minority that's not true and you know it, considering this is sikh forum. And you've asked admin to stop allowing us to condemn meat eaters as against sikhi. Well unforunately i think the reason they've yet to do that is because they also condemn meat eating as does sikhi and the majority of the sikh population. I've read the article that you posted and it says that the akhal thakt ruled that you can eat meat as long as it's jhatka. Are you trying to tell me that you bring the chicken home and kill youself humanely before eating it. You are misleading easily influenced youths to thinking it's fine to eat meat whenever and however they want. That's not even alright with the 'akal thakt' . And by the way most people disagree with their ruling on this topic hence the reason that most panj pyare say don't eat meant under any circumstances.

Next your quote from Guru Nanak ji is simply saying that you shouldn't think you are superior just becasue you don't eat meat. Which I agree with and I don't think i any better than you, I do however pity your twisted intepretation of gurbani. Because lets face the facts there is no direct quote from gurbani that permits meat eating.

As for the killing plants they don't have a soul i would have thought that was plainly obvious. Every innocent thing that you kill has a soul therefore has to kill you in another life before you can achieve salvation. so good luck with that one. :lol:

And you say sikhism is a universal religion, I'm well aware of that and also the whole aim of sikhism to enable the common man to enable salvation and merge with our creator. The aim of the gurus was the make this accessible to everyone easily and promised us that it would be so if we followed a simple set of rules.

Meat eating is a spiritual hindrance and slows progress (Due to reasons explained earlier) therefore is forbidden by sikhi.

The only way to properly spirtually advance and eat meat involves hours of paat daily and certain shabads to erase the sins that you are commiting. So basically if your hoping to merge with the one universal creator waheguru d_oh.gif your making life mighty hard for yourself.

P.s I think deep down you know it's wrong to eat 'flesh' your just taking the easy road.

Firstly on another topic you've called the vegetarians a minority that's not true and you know it, considering this is sikh forum. And you've asked admin to stop allowing us to condemn meat eaters as against sikhi. Well unforunately i think the reason they've yet to do that is because they also condemn meat eating as does sikhi and the majority of the sikh population. I've read the article that you posted and it says that the akhal thakt  ruled that you can eat meat as long as it's jhatka. Are you trying to tell me that you bring the chicken home and kill youself humanely before eating it. You are misleading easily influenced youths to thinking it's fine to eat meat  whenever and however they want. That's not even alright with the 'akal thakt' . And by the way most people disagree with their ruling on this topic hence the reason that most panj pyare say don't eat meant under any circumstances.

I can’t comment on the admin, but they rightly lock all meat debates, and this is turning into one.

This forum has a hardcore minority of Vege-Fascists. The vast majority of vegetarians on this forum mind there own business and do not condemn meat eaters constantly.

I don’t go by what the akal takht tells me but what the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji tells me. Akal Takht tell’s us a Sikh should only marry a Sikh. I don’t believe that either. You’d do well to read the entire link and not just a snippet.

Incidently, I have killed chicken’s, and it does not bother me in the least. I get all my food from Beacon farm (Organic and fresh).

Do you farm all your own vegetable’s? Do you ensure that all possible natural methods are used for farming? Shouldn’t you be harvesting only that which you have grown with your own hands? Were no insect were harmed? No natural habitats were destroyed?

I could say “You are misleading and blatantly pushing your own agenda when it comes to the meat issue. You are misleading the youth.”, but that would mean I come down to a childish level.

Here is what I could say was misleading on your part. Let us take the quote you put for saying Sikhi is against meat, and put it in context;

ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ ॥

प्रभाती ॥

parbhaatee.

Prabhaatee:

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਹਹੁ ਮਤ ਝੂਠੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥

बेद कतेब कहहु मत झूठे झूठा जो न बिचारै ॥

bayd katayb kahhu mat jhoothay jhoothaa jo na bichaarai.

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

ਜਉ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਕਹਤ ਹਉ ਤਉ ਕਿਉ ਮੁਰਗੀ ਮਾਰੈ ॥੧॥

जउ सभ महि एकु खुदाइ कहत हउ तउ किउ मुरगी मारै ॥१॥

ja-o sabh meh ayk khudaa-ay kahat ha-o ta-o ki-o murgee maarai. ||1||

You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens? ||1||

ਮੁਲਾਂ ਕਹਹੁ ਨਿਆਉ ਖੁਦਾਈ ॥

मुलां कहहु निआउ खुदाई ॥

mulaaN kahhu ni-aa-o khudaa-ee.

O Mullah, tell me: is this God's Justice?

ਤੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਕਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

तेरे मन का भरमु न जाई ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

tayray man kaa bharam na jaa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

The doubts of your mind have not been dispelled. ||1||Pause||

ਪਕਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਆਨਿਆ ਦੇਹ ਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਮਾਟੀ ਕਉ ਬਿਸਮਿਲਿ ਕੀਆ ॥

पकरि जीउ आनिआ देह बिनासी माटी कउ बिसमिलि कीआ ॥

pakar jee-o aani-aa dayh binaasee maatee ka-o bismil kee-aa.

You seize a living creature, and then bring it home and kill its body; you have killed only the clay.

ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪ ਅਨਾਹਤ ਲਾਗੀ ਕਹੁ ਹਲਾਲੁ ਕਿਆ ਕੀਆ ॥੨॥

जोति सरूप अनाहत लागी कहु हलालु किआ कीआ ॥२॥

jot saroop anaahat laagee kaho halaal ki-aa kee-aa. ||2||

The light of the soul passes into another form. So tell me, what have you killed? ||2||

ਕਿਆ ਉਜੂ ਪਾਕੁ ਕੀਆ ਮੁਹੁ ਧੋਇਆ ਕਿਆ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਸਿਰੁ ਲਾਇਆ ॥

किआ उजू पाकु कीआ मुहु धोइआ किआ मसीति सिरु लाइआ ॥

ki-aa ujoo paak kee-aa muhu Dho-i-aa ki-aa maseet sir laa-i-aa.

And what good are your purifications? Why do you bother to wash your face? And why do you bother to bow your head in the mosque?

ਜਉ ਦਿਲ ਮਹਿ ਕਪਟੁ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਹੁ ਕਿਆ ਹਜ ਕਾਬੈ ਜਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

जउ दिल महि कपटु निवाज गुजारहु किआ हज काबै जाइआ ॥३॥

ja-o dil meh kapat nivaaj gujaarahu ki-aa haj kaabai jaa-i-aa. ||3||

Your heart is full of hypocrisy; what good are your prayers or your pilgrimage to Mecca? ||3||

ਤੂੰ ਨਾਪਾਕੁ ਪਾਕੁ ਨਹੀ ਸੂਝਿਆ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਮਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥

तूं नापाकु पाकु नही सूझिआ तिस का मरमु न जानिआ ॥

tooN naapaak paak nahee soojhi-aa tis kaa maram na jaani-aa.

You are impure; you do not understand the Pure Lord. You do not know His Mystery.

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਭਿਸਤਿ ਤੇ ਚੂਕਾ ਦੋਜਕ ਸਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੪॥੪॥

कहि कबीर भिसति ते चूका दोजक सिउ मनु मानिआ ॥४॥४॥

kahi kabeer bhisat tay chookaa dojak si-o man maani-aa. ||4||4||

Says Kabeer, you have missed out on paradise; your mind is set on hell. ||4||4||

Mate what you have stated was misinformation. What Kabir ji is saying is that Mullahs are hypocrites when they make sacrifices to Allah (Quurbani). Read up on Bhagat Kabir and which group’s he attacked the most.

Most Panj Pyarey don’t say don’t eat meat, but this cult of Jathabandhi’s do.

Next your quote from Guru Nanak ji is simply saying that you shouldn't think you are superior just becasue you don't eat meat. Which I agree with and I don't think i any better than you, I do however pity your twisted intepretation of gurbani. Because lets face the facts there is no direct quote from gurbani that permits meat eating.

As for the killing plants they don't have a soul i would have thought that was plainly obvious. Every innocent thing that you kill has a soul therefore has to kill you in another life before you can achieve salvation. so good luck with that one. :lol:

There is no direct quote that says eat vegetables only or meat only! That is my exact point! The Sri Guru Granth Sahib is not an a-la-carte menu, which you seem to have denigrated it to.

Are you God to say what has “Joon” or life and what does not. That has got to be the most hypocritical statement I have ever heard.

As I have demonstrated with the above quote, the only person with a lack of understanding of Bani here is you.

Pity me all you want, but that does not cover up your own ignorance.

And you say sikhism is a universal religion, I'm well aware of that and also the whole aim of sikhism to enable the common man to enable salvation and merge with our creator. The aim of the gurus was the make this accessible to everyone easily and promised us that it would be so if we followed a simple set of rules.

Meat eating is a spiritual  hindrance  and slows progress (Due to reasons explained earlier) therefore is forbidden by sikhi.

What reasons explained earlier? You just made that up? Guruji says diet has no bearing on spiritual progression, so who are you to contradict Guruji?

There are historical accounts of the Guru’s eating meat. Guru Nanak on his way to Benares, and why the Brahmin’s condemned him. Eyewitness accounts of the 6th Guru and the 10th Master too.

Other spiritual figues like Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Ram, Krishna ate meat. Your argument is flawed to say the least.

The only way to properly spirtually advance and eat meat involves hours of paat daily and certain shabads to erase the sins that you are commiting. So basically if your hoping to merge with the one universal creator waheguru d_oh.gif your making life mighty hard for yourself.

Hilarious to the maximum, and you do not think your diet creates any Karma. I think you must check your ego friend. Your diet will not help you spiritually in the least

P.s I think deep down you know it's wrong to eat 'flesh' your just taking the easy road.

Deep down I know it is not wrong. Even when I professed to be a Vegetarian, I saw the hypocrisy that Vegetarians preach when they condemn meat eaters, and vice-versa.

It is not the right of any man or woman to stipulate what diet is more spiritual. Our Guru’s word is to eat what is good for the mind and body. If one man thinks meat is OK, then that is fine with me. If one man thinks vegetables are OK thn that is fine with me too. But to try and take a higher moral ground is pure Munmookhee, something I know you feel deep down in your heart.

Randip Singh, this time YOU turned this into a meat debate.... usually, despite my vegetarianism, i agree that you're attacked and goaded into a debate

this time this whole thing that "you're afraid of" (the meat debate starting), was started by you with "PS. Sikhs are allowed to eat meat"

yet then you go on to say "this is great advice" yet continue the pro-meat stance......

you coulda dropped it as soon as you agreed with the naam japo post

Randip Singh, this time YOU turned this into a meat debate.... usually, despite my vegetarianism, i agree that you're attacked and goaded into a debate

this time this whole thing that "you're afraid of" (the meat debate starting), was started by you with "PS. Sikhs are allowed to eat meat"

yet then you go on to say "this is great advice" yet continue the pro-meat stance......

you coulda dropped it as soon as you agreed with the naam japo post

140187[/snapback]

You are selective in your reading

right at begining wos his name says:

"However Sikhi forbids us to eat meat which is why God has made high content of OMEGA 3 in vegetarian foods aswell"

He could easily have said, but for Vegetarian Sikhs.

These people are goading not me!

He started it, and could have left it without saying that but he didn't. Look before you leap next time Jap man! :lol:

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Can we stick to the topic............. those of you complaining about meat on both sides of the argument seem to think this is the most important bit about sikhi....whether or not we can eat meat. May i suggest you fight over this 'really important issue' in another post.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

Can we stick to the topic............. those of you complaining about meat on both sides of the argument seem to think this is the most important bit about sikhi....whether or not we can eat meat.  May i suggest you fight over this 'really important issue' in another post.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

140196[/snapback]

I'm with you brother! The meat issue is a smoke screen used to weaken the Khalsa, by Bramanical influences!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I WANNA END THIS MEAT DISCUSSION N LET THE TOPIC CONTINUE

WHICH IS WHY IM POSTING THIS TO END THIS TOPIC FOR ALL.

To Randip Singh:

Clearly before continuing this debate please read this and dont skim read it otherwise u will miss the point.

N the poll dont matter if half are vegies n half meat eaters, nearly half of Sikhs cut thier hair but does that mean that there right?

Dont get me wrong i dont think i know everything as im still a learner, but please read this and this shall tell you clearly if eating meat is correct or not.

N i said since Sikhs a forbided to eat meat because Gurbani is VERY Clear on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY GURBANI QUOTE IS AGAINST EATING MEAT.

However there is only one quote that meat eaters use- to say that meat eating is allowed.

Which is:

Maas Maas Kar Moorakh Jhaghrrey.

Gian dhian Nahin Jaaney.

Kaun Maas Kaun Saag Kahaavey

Kis Mah Paap Samaaney. (pg. 1289-1290)

Translated as:

Only the fool quarrels over the question of eating or not eating of the meat. He does not have the True Wisdom. Without True Wisdom or Meditation, he harps on which is flesh and which is not flesh and which food is sinful and which is not.

The meaning of this is:

Herein, Guru Sahib is addressing a Vaishnav Pandit who believes that he can achieve his spiritual goal only by avoiding meat as food and not trying to obtain the true wisdom through meditation. He has stressed that only avoiding meat will not lead one to the achievement of Spiritual Bliss if one does not do Naam-Simran. This equally applies to all, including non-meat-eating Sikhs.

It relates to the flesh or meat in general and not to any particular type of flesh - whether prepared by Halaal or Jhatka method.

N to the ppl who say were allowed to only eat Jatka meat:

If the word Kutliha were to mean Halaal meat, the use of the word abhakhya is superfluous. The sentence should have been simply Kuthha Khaanaa to mean the eating of the Halaal meat.

I WANNA END THIS MEAT DISCUSSION N LET THE TOPIC CONTINUE

WHICH IS WHY IM POSTING THIS TO END THIS TOPIC FOR ALL.

To Randip Singh:

Clearly before continuing this debate please read this and dont skim read it otherwise u will miss the point.

N the poll dont matter if half are vegies n half meat eaters, nearly half of Sikhs cut thier hair but does that mean that there right?

Dont get me wrong i dont think i know everything as im still a learner, but please read this and this shall tell you clearly if eating meat is correct or not.

N i said since Sikhs a forbided to eat meat because Gurbani is VERY Clear on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERY GURBANI QUOTE IS AGAINST EATING MEAT.

However there is only one quote that meat eaters use- to say that meat eating is allowed.

Which is:

Maas Maas Kar Moorakh Jhaghrrey.

Gian dhian Nahin Jaaney.

Kaun Maas Kaun Saag Kahaavey

Kis Mah Paap Samaaney. (pg. 1289-1290)

Translated as:

Only the fool quarrels over the question of eating or not eating of the meat. He does not have the True Wisdom. Without True Wisdom or Meditation, he harps on which is flesh and which is not flesh and which food is sinful and which is not.

The meaning of this is:

Herein, Guru Sahib is addressing a Vaishnav Pandit who believes that he can achieve his spiritual goal only by avoiding meat as food and not trying to obtain the true wisdom through meditation. He has stressed that only avoiding meat will not lead one to the achievement of Spiritual Bliss if one does not do Naam-Simran. This equally applies to all, including non-meat-eating Sikhs.

It relates to the flesh or meat in general and not to any particular type of flesh - whether prepared by Halaal or Jhatka method.

N to the ppl who say were allowed to only eat Jatka meat:

If the word Kutliha were to mean Halaal meat, the use of the word abhakhya is superfluous. The sentence should have been simply Kuthha Khaanaa to mean the eating of the Halaal meat.

140266[/snapback]

THERE ARE NO PHRASES ADVOCATING ANY PARTICULAR DIET IN THE SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI Meat eating or Vegetarian. It is an individual choice.

Sikhism is not against eating meat anymore it is in favour of a Vegetarian diet.

ALL Sikh scholars with any credibility agree on this and for you to say otherwise is a falsehood!

See:

http://www.sikhs.org/meat.htm

I take exception to people like YOU who degrade the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji into an "a-la-carte menu". This is not only insulting to our fath but shows a lack of understanding on your part that Spirituality has nothing to do with diet.

I suggest you read more history and read the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji more intensly!

Don't you think you are acting like the Vaishnav Brahmin?

ka-un maas ka-un saag kahaavai kis meh paap samaanay.

What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?