Learning Kirtan Apnne Aap!

dhan_dhan_sikhi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I decided to learn Kirtan some time back and approached lots of gurdwaras in ludhiana(my home town).Most dont teach and in some they teach only small kids(i am 23 years old,still a kid at heart though).Then i tried in a Ramgaria gurdwara where they teach kirtan FREE.But the teacher was more of a guru there,everyone calling USTAAD USTAAD JI JI JI, and bowing in front of him like mad.

He also used to sing some indian bollywood songs along with kirtan and my conscious dint allow me to continue learning kirtan.

Now i want to learn it all by myself.

I have a bought a VAJJJJJAAAAAAAA. :@

Is there any way to learn BASIC kirtan online or through some book etc.

thanking you

yours sincerely

Gareeb Singh Gareebiyan Vale

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I decided to learn Kirtan some time back and approached lots of gurdwaras in ludhiana(my home town).Most dont teach and in some they teach only small kids(i am 23 years old,still a kid at heart though).Then i tried in a Ramgaria gurdwara where they teach kirtan FREE.But the teacher was more of a guru there,everyone calling USTAAD USTAAD JI JI JI, and bowing in front of him like mad.

He also used to sing some indian bollywood songs along with kirtan and my conscious dint allow me to continue learning kirtan.

thanking you

yours sincerely

141024[/snapback]

Singh ji jis "vajjee" saj ten kirtan kitta janda hain, us nu Harmonium akkheyea janda hain!!

Main vi Kirtan karna bhoot pasand kardi hain...

Bhul chuk massf!!

Gareeb Singhny Rajvir

WJKK, WJKF d_oh.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

thanking you

yours sincerely

141024[/snapback]

never too old to learn paji, me should know, after amrit i started learning on vaja by myself. So far ive put together nice simran tunes, and still trying to learn a shabad to perfection so that i can perform it in like programme, but each time im there i do my simran only with which im comfortable yet.

Practise is everything and also Ardas in front of maharaj for that extra confidence and belief!

I learnt the SaReGa Ma scale at school so was fortunate, if you get the SIKH PHULWARI magazine it includes every month one shabad which is easy to get hang of with notes and stuff too.

Books ive got are the ones only available here in London, not sure about there.

Tip someone gave to me once...Keep playing around with the keys and you'll get there. Have patience, want to learn, put in effort and enjoy the learning....!

vaheguru. :TH:

• 1 month later...

gur fateh..

go to www.gurmatsangeetproject.com and look for compositions and download the excel files..before this u will have to train your voice...

..another place where u can go is behi sahib ..the naam dhari community resides..there..now before u go to attack them..keep in mind they are the ones who have maintained the true maryada of the gurmat sangeet.

guru ang sang!

Angad singh