Sikh Society In Portsmouth University?

Guest Kamaljeet Kaur

Guest Kamaljeet Kaur

Sangat Ji !

I've been studying at Portsmouth University for 2 years now and I haven't come across any Sikh Society. I was wondering that is it possible for a Sikh Society to be created in Portsmouth University? Or what must I need to do in order to get Sikh Society started?

I was thinking of speaking to the Portsmouth Gurdwara Committee but I don;t know if this wil work.

Please Help !

Thankyou !

Kamaljeet Kaur

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sangat Ji !

I've been studying at Portsmouth University for 2 years now and I haven't come across any Sikh Society. I was wondering that is it possible for a Sikh Society to be created in Portsmouth University? Or what must I need to do in order to get Sikh Society started?

I was thinking of speaking to the Portsmouth Gurdwara Committee but I don;t know if this wil work.

Please Help !

Thankyou !

Kamaljeet Kaur

141515[/snapback]

hey penji,

PM me and i may be able to help ya with other contacts etc...me president at thames valley uni...

started it last year and iz goin realli well...we have simran session every wednesdays which is getting more and more sangat each week......vahegurooo.

BTW check www.boss-uk.org for help too, they very koool! :TH:

yeah bhenji was saying about the BOSS site. its got a section on it which tells you the steps needed to set up a sikh soc. but saying that is there many Sikhs at portsmouth who would help out. because sometimes you might set it up by yourself or with others but you won't have the sangat coming to the events

also isn't southampton near you, perhaps their sikh soc could help you aswell..

Guest Kamaljeet Kaur

I've e-mailed the boss site admins but I've not heard a reply back from them. Where can I find the steps needed to set up a sikh society? There are a couple of sikhs at Portsmouth.

Yeh Southampton like 35 minutes away, but I don;t know anyone form there.

Kamaljeet Kaur

gufateh,

visit www.boss-uk.org for more info and help. really good singhs and are excellent at running and helping sikh society events. ring nnumber provided and they shud help u out

vahiguroo

contact info@boss-uk.org

If there isnt one set one up. its awesome seva and ull get to meet people to :@

If you need any help you can contact the London BOSS Co-ordinating team on sikhsoc@gmail.com and we will help any way we can through contacts etc :@

Anng Sang Vahiguroo

Gurfateh!!

Yeah jus to re iterate what ksingh jus said, we've just created a sikhs soc at southampton, but its not jus for ppl at southampton uni, do feel free to come i know w few people at portsmouth uni who are also interested , do feel free to pm me or ksingh if you want more information, take care, see you soon.

Gurfateh!!