Damaleh Shastre

singhini1984

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I wear shaaster in my dhumaala for a few different reasons.

1. The most obvious, if for some reason I am dis armed and do not have my Kirpan on my person (Waheguru forbid) i can take one of five shaaster from my dhumaala and use the shaaster as a secondary weapon.

If you place the shaaster in the same position each time and leave the handle visible it is very easy to take the shaaster out.

2. I have a lot of pyaar for shaaster and keepin sarbloh shaaster on your head to me is a sign of respect. If i could i would keep more on my person all the time but in this western world it is not possible to carry loads of shaaster on you all the time so i just keep the five in my dumaala and my kirpan. Most of the time i leave them on display to show my pyaar for shaaster and that i am not embarrased about my physical appearance and that i am proud to be a soldier of The Khalsa Panth, some may say its ego and just for show but thats kool, i dont mind when people do nindhia of me.

Also a tip to keep your shaaster secure and not to rip your dastaar material is to place the shaaster inbetween laars and not to place them in after and keep the handle out as this makes it easy to pull the shaaster out if need be.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

luvjinder singh you and buta singh need a look in the mirror when tying ur dumalla and also ask ur students why do they put flowers in their dumalleh iv heard of shastar but flowers hahaha too funny u know who this

Sorry i got an idea who you are but please can you confirm your name. I didnt know until now that how people tie their dastaar can upset people? as for our students, we teach about 300 students just in the UK, we are not acting as the panj pyare so we do not dictate to the students what and what they cant do when it comes to tying their dastaar. We are not your average little gatka akhara and we try to respect everyone we meet and speak to, you should try and do the same, you are more than welcome to come and tie a dastaar on me or bhai butta singh if its your thing? but please dont go around saying its a dastaarbandhi, i have found your post very amusing thanks so much for the laughs.

KUbu qyrI pgrI mITy qyry bol ]

khoob thaeree pagaree meet(h)ae thaerae bol ||

How handsome is your turban! And how sweet is your speech.

Im sure you have a beautiful dastaar, please work a little on your speech

Gurfateh Ji

"I do not have the naam"

luvjinder singh you and buta singh need a look in the mirror when tying ur dumalla and also ask ur students why do they put flowers in their dumalleh iv heard of shastar but flowers hahaha too funny u know who this

Gurfateh !

I have noticed a very disturbing trend on SikhSangat.com - Singhs/Kaurs disrespecting the Dastaars of other Singhs/Kaurs

Please think before posting - what may seem like a 'funny' or 'flippant' comment to you may be extremely offensive to someone else. Just because you have not come across some aspect of another's dress or behaviour, do not be so quick to judge or point a finger.

In this case Kesh is 'Guru Ka Mohar' together with the 'Dastaar' it is worthy of the utmost respect - it has been blessed by Guru Sahib with 'Amrit' - and any 'Satkar' we give to our Kesh is not enough.

To illustrate here is a quote from the Rehatnama of Bhai Daya Singh.

ਦਹੀਂ ਦੂਧ ਘਿ੍ਤ ਸੇ ਇਸਨਾਨ ਕਰੈ

ਧੂਪ ਦੈਵੈ ਫੂਲ ਚੜ੍ਹਾਵਹਿ

(Wash your Kesh with yogurt, milk and Ghee

Dry it in the sun and perfume with incense, decorate and adorn it with flowers)

Here are a couple of pictures also

Bhujungy with flowers

dsc03152dn0.jpg

Nihang Baba with woollen flowers

of50294442qv3.jpg

I have no intention to offend or single any individual out - just a disturbing trend I have noticed - Being Singhs/Kaurs we should know better !

ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੰਘ ਸੋਂ ਨੇਹੁ ਸੁ ਕਰਨੋ

ਬੇਰ ਭਾਵ ਮਨ ਤੇ ਪਰਿਹਰਨੋ

ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੰਘ ਪਰ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਨ ਕਰੇ

ਜਾਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਤੇ ਡਰੇ [੪੩]

(A Singh should always show love and affection to another Singh,

Remove all hate and ill will from your heart,

A Singh should never raise his weapon against another Singh,

See all Singhs as The Guru , Fear the Khalsa (43)) (Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh)

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Ek Onkar Satnam

Thank you jassa and freed, i believe you have answered the singhs question backed up by respected proof. I didnt have the time to argue and prove a point to some one who believes they are right. Again great images, you have turned this topic back into a positive subject, post more pics if possible.

Gurfateh Ji

"I do not have the naam"

www.khalsapanth.co.uk