Simran

Rani_Kaur

I wish to start doing naam simran at amrit vela, however, previously when doing this I have found it difficult to concentrate. This is not due to noise but because I can't always focus.

I have found that when I do naam simran to a CD I am more focused. My question is, is this as effective as doing naam simran by yourself?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is just as effective, Any means to assist the mind is effective. If standing helps you concentrate more then stand, if sitting helps you then sit. If walking helps then walk. There isnot a one pill for our mind develop and growdifferently so we use different means to assist our mind. So don't worry that you are using a CD, anything that helps you concentrate is wonderfull.

Think of using the CD as training wheels on a bike. There will come a time, when sitting in solitude silence your Japa will be just as effective. Then your Japa without a CD will be just as effective as using the CD.

penji..doing simran with sangat is very amazing...see if ur local gurdwara sahib has any simran times.

We are very privaleged here to have simran sessions every day from 4am to 5am...this was started by Rama Singh ji.

I go mayb once twice a week....the sangat who do the simran and the listening sanagt are sooo inspirational ....no words to describe.

penji..doing simran with sangat is very amazing...see if ur local gurdwara sahib has any simran times.

We are very privaleged here to have simran sessions every day from 4am to 5am...this was started by Rama Singh ji.

I go mayb once twice a week....the sangat who do the simran and the listening sanagt are sooo inspirational ....no words to describe.

142343[/snapback]

where i live theres no gurdawars arounds :@ ... so its independant....

i have been to park ave gurdwara i southall to do simran.

if ever there was a holy place it is here 04:00 till 05:00.

u cannot help but to be so proud and thankful that god let u be born a sikh.........

d_oh.gif

i have been to park ave gurdwara to do simran.

if ever there was a holy place it is here 04:00 till 05:00.

u cannot help but to be so proud and thankful that god let u be born a sikh.........

142349[/snapback]

wow paji kool. u going tomorrow..guru kirpa i am and so's my bro...yeahhh!

vahegurooooooooo..

btw..offcourse darbar sahib amritsaaar iz realllly next level, have you seen on alpha etc....wowoowowoww! vaheguroooooooooooooo jee!.