Ups I Did It Again

kurtas

I don't want to address any of the issues or points you make in your last reply. It is simply of no value to me.  In fact it has disturbed me so much that I am deleting my account from SikhSangat... this kind of Sangat i don't need.  A lot of people here are nice and trying so hard to get somewhere, but this type of negativity is indicative of so many topics here. So much hatred... Too much hatred.

145444[/snapback]

veer ji

a forum is where people express their views and opinions and your bound to have people on here you don't agree with.

Not a lot of people know this, but his knowledge of Gurbani is up there with the best in the World at this moment in time. However, he got the position, he is certainly not unworthy of it. I'd love to see somebody from the R4GC sit down and talk Gurbani with him... they would be crying in minutes.

KNOWING gurbani and implementing what u learn into ur life are 2 comletely diff things... as sum1 above mentioned the giani at the local gurdwara has a lot of knowledge of gurbaani..but if they are not practicing what gurbaani states then there's no argument there.. now i'm not sayin that he's not practicing 'cause i don't know too much about him or bout what he does..

u gotta remember... being jathedar of the akaal takht he is basically representing Sikhi on an international level... same way as the pope is representing the catholic church... so everything that jathedar jee does is under the radar.. when ur in that position u have to be VERY careful of what u do, who u talk to, and what u say to people... sometimes u can't even do things you want (i.e. attending the weddin) because it has an affect on the panth...

i agree with you that the position of jathedar of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib is by no means an easy position.. but if one is to take that position they gotta take responsibility for everything... and they gotta make sure they act accordingly... the jathedar is supposed to represent Sikhi and implement the teachings of gurbani into both their own lives, and to the actions of Akaal Takht.. they are supposed to hear and act on the voice of Sikhs around the world...

as stated above, there are several actions (or lack of action) that are 'questionable' by jathedar jee... and i agree that the panth should take this as positive criticism... i'm in no position to say whether he should be ousted or not, but he should take these sort of points and comments into consideration.. everybody makes mistakes.. the key is to learn from them... being jathedar, he must hear the voice of Sikhs both inside India, and out...

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Let us hope the next jathedar will be a great gursikh and a true Jathedar, as was Jathedar Gurdev Singh Koanke.

There's too much coruption in sikhi.. Vedanti cant take a firm stance and say this is what sikhi states and if any1 doesn't agree then you are not practising sikhi.

Vedanti doesn't fight for anything which is opposing sikhs today, he doesn't have the charisma or character to be a jathedar, as you need to fight for rights instead of taking money home and not caring about sikhi..

Its like Bush or blair Taking their money home and not giving a damn about what the ppl in their country are faced with.

apologies for any offence..

gurfateh.

we need people who are sevadaars not "Popes" The pope receives his authority from God in christianity, stop always trying to be like other faiths. We have no clergy in sikhi. The jathedaar is supposed to be a sevadaar of the panth. This is the problem, we prop these people up like they are our guru or something. Whatever happened to nimrata in a gursikh?

Guest toomuchego

Sangatji, even though we are quick to laugh at those like hsm316, perhaps we should think about what that person said.

I know for a fact that people leave or do not come onto this forum because they are alienated by the cynicism (to put it mildly) and the immature nature of a lot of the discussions. In short, there's a lack of tact on here and definite intolerance of how other people may follow sikhi.

Don't you think that's a shame? Considering the fact that a lot of the people on this forum are real chardikala gursikhs, and a lot of vichaar and love is shared, there is a clear majority of people who are proud to be sikhs in their own way that are missing out on the great virtues of this cyber sangat because a few people on here lack open-mindedness.

If that could change - the sewa this website could do for those people would be HUUUGGEE!!!!

Not that it is a beautiful sewa already. :)

But this is just my present thought. I do not wish to be offensive. I myself am a fool in many ways.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

we need people who are sevadaars not "Popes"  The pope receives his authority from God in christianity, stop always trying to be like other faiths.  We have no clergy in sikhi.  The jathedaar is supposed to be a sevadaar of the panth.  This is the problem, we prop these people up like they are our guru or something.  Whatever happened to nimrata in a gursikh?

145714[/snapback]

singh i think u mis-interpreted my post... i wasn't tryin to say that Jathedar jee is the Pope of sikhi.. i was givin an analogy that the Jathedars actions are looked on by the Sikh world (and outside world) as the Popes actions are looked upon... meanin everything he says and does is watched and heard by all of us...jus givin an example basically... same way that everybody Bush says or does has media frenzy over it... 'cause people are jus WAITIN for him to slip up... and say or do somethin dumb (... again... hehe)... and yes u are completely rite that the Jathedar is a sevadaar of the panth...

we need people who are sevadaars not "Popes"  The pope receives his authority from God in christianity, stop always trying to be like other faiths.  We have no clergy in sikhi.  The jathedaar is supposed to be a sevadaar of the panth.  This is the problem, we prop these people up like they are our guru or something.  Whatever happened to nimrata in a gursikh?

145714[/snapback]

singh i think u mis-interpreted my post... i wasn't tryin to say that Jathedar jee is the Pope of sikhi.. i was givin an analogy that the Jathedars actions are looked on by the Sikh world (and outside world) as the Popes actions are looked upon... meanin everything he says and does is watched and heard by all of us...jus givin an example basically... same way that everybody Bush says or does has media frenzy over it... 'cause people are jus WAITIN for him to slip up... and say or do somethin dumb (... again... hehe)... and yes u are completely rite that the Jathedar is a sevadaar of the panth...

145730[/snapback]

:TH: I didn't mean to make it sound like i was attacking your post singh.