Saintly Get Together

Sangatji, we should look at some of the comments on this topic and realise how easy it is to simply criticise some else's beliefs.

If someone looks at sants in very high esteem, then who are we to contradict that view? Instead of splitting the panth, why not all together focus on the terrible things that are going on in this terrible age of Kaljug and try and end them?

This idea of sants within sikhi is a minor detail, and no matter what your viewpoint, there is much worse occuring in this world. In fact the various sants of the world are often contributing positively.

Why criticise?

That is a genuine question - what is this terrible consequence of people loving mahapurakhs and in so doing reaching Waheguru?

Please answer, via e-mail if you like.

145669[/snapback]

I COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again!!

Cant understand the amount of dubda and doubt in peoples minds!!!

All we ever seem to do is question question question!!! How often do we just accept what the guru says!?

Questioning isnt wrong IF we mean to learn by it, but when we only do it to mock and knock other people then what is the point!?

Akali from prev threads you have shown that u have little belief in guru granth sahib ji as a living pooran satguru, and now u further throw questions on gurbani abihyaas and faith on gurbani. Personally i would say that if a sikh does even one japji sahib path and asks guru maharajh for forgiveness he can be forgiven if his ardas is true and if guru ji blesses him AND if he belives in the power of ardas and the forgiveness of the guru.

Ps beuatiful pictures guys! Keep them coming if you have any more! Images of true Sadh Sangat!

when someone critisizes someone you guys get all freaked out... why is that???

acctully all of things i have mentioned in the previous posts are out of most of those sants mahapurkh mentioned by you.... ataaining bhramgian by doing japji sahib thaa paat but then saying that jaap sahib is for this reason and anand sahib for this reason and if u woul like to know what i am talking about then please say so...

BHRAMGIANI AAP NIRANKAR!!!!!!!!!!! if u attain bhramgian by doing japji sahib then why do anything else you are BHRAMGIANI!!!!!! This is from a

84 lakh joon cutanee a by doing jap ji sahib tha paat 84 times down the flight of stairs?? if someone is doing murders and rapes all his life and goes down a flight of stairs and does japji sahib the paat 84 times will that wash away all his sins????? Multiple akhand paats or multiple paats.... Does gurbani have gantee???? is gurbani on a number system?????

teerth ishanaan which most sants say is good and it washes away all your sins.... Gurbani clearly states this is wrong!!!!!!!!! AGAIN how have i taken the solak from gurbani out of context!!!!!!

AK-47: GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI IS ARS SHABAD GURU!!!!!!!!!!! tell me this can guru ji ever die??????????? if guru granth sahib ji gets agan pait will it ever die??? Gurbani shows a person the way to go... THE RIGHT PATH!!!!!!!! Nor does it CURE CANCERS or something other story!!!!!!!! keep faith with waheguru and go to a docter!!!!!! I read somewhere one regular person like us and his mom went to a Sant... They said we needed a cure and what should we do... Thinking that the sant could only do good for us... And the sant said o we will arumb 25 akhand paaths as soon as possible.... After the 25 akhand paats they went home.... month later the mother passed away... how can you explain this now????

toomuchego: i will talk via email with you...

also i would like to say i have nothing wrong with people loving these sants... but i do have a problem is when peoples critisize other people when the thread has nothing to do with critisizing... then i thought i would give some of my veechar which looks like it hurts to you... also blati singh i went to that site bhola sahib.com and i saw something that caught my attention.... why does it say Sant Isher singh ji MAHARAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so.. international akaali... pooran gurmukhs, sants, such as bhai sahib bhai randhir singh... sant baba thakur singh jee... sant jarnail singh jee... sant baba isher singh... they've done nothing?... so they jus sat there in their lil houses and did paath all day?... they didn't do ne seva?... they didn't help show people the path to guru jee...?... they didn't help unite sikhs together?... they didn't do any parchaar ?

oh.. okay...

so uh.... what have YOU done lately?

Who is sant????????? why is there no sant name infront of baba deep singh ji.... BHAI MANI SINGH JI.... Bhai mati das ji.... bhai sati das ji and other great purraton gurmukhs!!!!

No doubt i have respect for evryone but who says i have to agree with what theyre saying as per gurmat.... please contribute if u can answer my questions.. do not just say you have done nothing... i know i am nothing!!!! now let me learn from sants that you mentioned.... now if i have some doubt you guys all gang up on me...

ITS NOT A QUESTION OF GANGING UP AGAINST YOU

YOUR POINTS OF VIEW ARE SO DISTORTED I AM STRUGGLING TO THINK THAT YOU ARE A SIKH!!!

WHY CANT BANI CURE CANCER??

DO YOU UNDERSTAND BANI ENOUGH TO MAKE THIS STATEMENT

STOP MAKING USELESS POST AND GO OUT AND READ BANI, UNDERSTAND IT AND LOVE IT, BECAUSE FROM WHERE I AM SATNDING YOU WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING WITH THE VIEW OF SIKHI YOU HAVE

DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE, MAKE SOMETHING OF IT

RAAT GAVAI SOE KA, DIVAS GAVAI KHAI HERA JASA JANAM HAI, CODEE BADLA JAE

DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK, YOU WILL GIVE YOUR OWN LEKHA

What makes you think i am not Guru Da Sikh!!!!!!!!! IM SORRY IF IM NOT ONE OF SNT MAHAPURKH THA SIKH AND I DONT AGREE WIT THERE VIEWS!!!!!!!! IF BANI CAN CURE CANCER LIKE A MANTAR THEN WHY NOT MAKE KHALISTAN WITH HOWEVER NUMBER OF AKHAND PATHS OR NUMBER OF PAATS YOU CAN THINK OF!!!!!!!!!!! BUDDY IF YOU CANT ANSWER TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS THEN PLEASE DO NOT POST BECAUSE YOU ARE DIRUPTING SOMONE ELSE ANSWERING THE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!! all of the questions i have asked are rightfully justified!!!!! TO say that you aare going against one a mahapurkh or another does not answer my question!!!!!!!!!!! Please read my previous post again...

can some other gurmukh answer my question instead of blati singh or heera singh as they have taken this elsewhere!!! do not try to dodge it!!!

You dont see mee saying outragues things like i am not sikh!!!!!! if you cant answer it then no need to say you are not a sikh!!! i am sure there is a answer out there that soime other gurmukh may answer i dont think blati has anything to say!!!!!

your disgusting me!!!!

Guest toomuchego

Sangatji, do not think i am taking sides in this. What i want to say is this.

Are we not all entitled to our own point of view?

Can we not all believe what we want to believe?

One unequivocal point that we can agree on without different interpretations is that Guruji would not look at us arguing like this and be proud.

Are we not all entitled to our own interpretations of sikhi without having to argue about them?

I hope i am not insulting you all, all i want to do is try and show you the opinion of an outsider to this forum. Instead of chardikala gursikhs, which is what i believed such a forum would contain, yet again i find arguments that have been done and dusted are being once more opened - and the result?

Fellow sikhs are feeling the right to repeatedly come up with retorts.

Please - i am sure we can all agree that some of the singhs in the pictures were chardikala, and deserve applaud - whether we would use the title of sant or not.

To International Akaali, i just want to propose a certain viewpoint that some people may have.

When receiving kirpa of Waheguru, it is very easy to forget ones worldly obligations and to just do simran. Such a beautiful thing it is, to be able to immerse deep in naam. You are right, that for a lot of sikhs there is the path that should be trodden of kirt karn at the same time as naam japn. That is the path they believe they should take. However, some sikhs believe that the path they should tread is one of doing sewa of the panth by spreading the beauty of Guruji's bani. They believe that this is the hukam of Akaal, that they should in this way live their lives. They often manage the historically important gurdwaras, teach gurbani vichaar so that gianis can then take the message of Guruji and explain it to moorakhs like me. So it cannot be argued that they do not benefit anyone - quite the opposite. They very often do a lot of sewa for the panth that would take a lot longer to happen if it were left to sikhs who were laboured with extra responsibilities.

Just by having the opportunity to do sangat of a sant like those we have seen in the pictures would be a massive boost of spirituality for a moorakh like me. Until we are on a similar level as these hardcore puratan singhs, why should we criticise their beliefs?

Bhaisahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji used to do a lot of sangat of sants like these, but he never used to argue with them to the point where the animosity was so intense. So lets all step back and have logical and LOVING discussions.

Not full of hate and anger.

Please, i am not worth taking offense from, deepest apologies if that is the case.

And PLEASE i would appreciate it if you would correct me on any point, i find it hard to do Guruji's simplest hukam.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

What has International Akali done?

He has done things that these mahpush couldn't do and that is follow Guru Granth and Guru Panth!

International Akali has followed Akaal Takht maryada and doesn't make his own maryadas out of ego. He doesn't label himself SatGuru or Sant or Brahmgyani.

He understand Gurbani, that is why he doesn't associate himself with those those titles. He also goes to school for education so he can do kirat. Something mahpursh don't like to think about.

Read the following Gurbani tuks