Saintly Get Together

blatisingh: somone could read as much bani as they can... If they dont got time like these sants to be sitting in the deras.... ordinary people doo kirat....They go to work come back and etc... Those banis are the minmums for a sikh and there is no maximum... Tell me what jobs do these sants do???? Where does the kirat come in???? G

Gurbani Explains:

gUjrI mhlw 3 ] (491-1)

goojree mehlaa 3.

Goojaree, Third Mehl:

rwm rwm sBu ko khY kihAY rwmu n hoie ] (491-1, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

raam raam sabh ko kahai kahi-ai raam na ho-ay.

Everyone chants the Lord's Name, Raam, Raam; but by such chanting, the Lord is not obtained.

gur prswdI rwmu min vsY qw Plu pwvY koie ]1] (491-2, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

gur parsaadee raam man vasai taa fal paavai ko-ay. ||1||

By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to dwell in the mind, and then, the fruits are obtained. ||1||

AMqir goivMd ijsu lwgY pRIiq ] (491-2, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

antar govind jis laagai pareet.

One who enshrines love for God within his mind,

hir iqsu kdy n vIsrY hir hir krih sdw min cIiq ]1] rhwau ] (491-3, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

har tis kaday na veesrai har har karahi sadaa man cheet. ||1|| rahaa-o.

never forgets the Lord; he continually chants the Lord's Name, Har, Har, in his conscious mind. ||1||Pause||

ihrdY ijn@ kY kptu vsY bwhrhu sMq khwih ] (491-3, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

hirdai jinH kai kapat vasai baahrahu sant kahaahi.

Those whose hearts are filled with hypocrisy, who are called saints only for their outward show

iqRsnw mUil n cukeI AMiq gey pCuqwih ]2] (491-4, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

tarisnaa mool na chuk-ee ant ga-ay pachhutaahi. ||2||

- their desires are never satisfied, and they depart grieving in the end. ||2||

Anyk qIrQ jy jqn krY qw AMqr kI haumY kdy n jwie ] (491-4, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

anayk tirath jay jatan karai taa antar kee ha-umai kaday na jaa-ay.

Although one may bathe at many places of pilgrimage, still, his ego never departs.

ijsu nr kI duibDw n jwie Drm rwie iqsu dyie sjwie ]3] (491-5, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

jis nar kee dubiDhaa na jaa-ay Dharam raa-ay tis day-ay sajaa-ay. ||3||

That man, whose sense of duality does not depart - the Righteous Judge of Dharma shall punish him. ||3||

krmu hovY soeI jnu pwey gurmuiK bUJY koeI ] (491-6, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

karam hovai so-ee jan paa-ay gurmukh boojhai ko-ee.

That humble being, unto whom God showers His Mercy, obtains Him; how few are the Gurmukhs who understand Him.

nwnk ivchu haumY mwry qW hir BytY soeI ]4]4]6] (491-6, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

naanak vichahu ha-umai maaray taaN har bhaytai so-ee. ||4||4||6||

O Nanak, if one conquers his ego within, then he comes to meet the Lord. ||4||4||6||

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in what context are u taking that shabad..?...

to me, that shabad is saying by just saying lords name he is not obtained... meaning if ur not doing simran with ur heart and mind, and ur just saying it, you will not find him... only if one meditates on the lord with their full mind and body, will the lord reveal himself to them..

AMqir goivMd ijsu lwgY pRIiq ] (491-2, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

antar govind jis laagai pareet.

One who enshrines love for God within his mind,

hir iqsu kdy n vIsrY hir hir krih sdw min cIiq ]1] rhwau ] (491-3, gUjrI, mÚ 3)

har tis kaday na veesrai har har karahi sadaa man cheet. ||1|| rahaa-o.

never forgets the Lord; he continually chants the Lord's Name, Har, Har, in his conscious mind. ||1||Pause||

... those sants, mahapurakhs, gurmukhs, brahm gyanee's that enshrine the lords name within their heart, THEY are the ones who find God, and God shows mercy to them... God communicates with them directly.. and God unites them with himself...

so... these sants that u say are jus 'sitting in the dera's' and not doing nethin, are in fact doing way more then anybody else... be careful when speakin bout Gods servants... u don't wanna slander the saints! because we all know what Guru jee says about that... one who does nindiya of Guru's Sikh, his servant, will go straight to hell..!!...

so next time u decide to quote gurbaani, look more into what its sayin rather then jus the word by word translation... also sometimes the translations aren't 100% accurate either..

okay jee? :)

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

QUOTE INTERNATIONAL AKALI

'somone could read as much bani as they can... If they dont got time like these sants to be sitting in the deras.... ordinary people doo kirat....They go to work come back and etc... Those banis are the minmums for a sikh and there is no maximum... Tell me what jobs do these sants do???? Where does the kirat come in???? G'

You can read as much bani as you want there is no problem there BUT YOU CANNOT DILUTE BANIS BY CUTTING BITS OFF!!!!

You cannot use the excuse we dont have time!!!

Banis are wriiten by Guru Sahib themselves, who are we to change them!

Guru Sahib gave their lives for us and what do we do, say that we need to cut the banis short as we do not have time!! I DONT THINK SO!!

When you say what job do sants do, they unite people with waheguru, they show people the gurus path

I ask you what job does the sgpc and akalis do? apart from taking sangats money, chopping banis up and destroying gurdwaras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Sant Jarnail singh ji was Jathedar, sapuran Rehras path used to happen in darbar sahib. That is what sants do, keep sikhi PURE!!

With regards to the shabhad you quoted Heera singh has answered that well. Bani is not about Katabi Giaan, it has to be understood, and loved, it is the language of love. If more people stopped sant bashing, removed their blinkers they might find that they understand bani better and what puran sants stand for! Bani teaches love not hate!

145639[/snapback]

blatisingh: somone could read as much bani as they can... If they dont got time like these sants to be sitting in the deras.... ordinary people doo kirat....They go to work come back and etc... Those banis are the minmums for a sikh and there is no maximum... Tell me what jobs do these sants do???? Where does the kirat come in???? G

maybe that is why guru ji made amrit vela...i mean what "work" or "kirat" is done doing at that time and it takes about 1.5hrs or 2hrs to do ur panj bani (at steady speed) i mean what is 1.5hours of ur life? :/

+ we all want to meet god yet umm no one wants to put in the effort i mean if u cant do 5banis how u gonna do abhyaas on bani? + You think sitting and doing simran/bani all day is easy...lol i guess maybe ur avasta is higher but i think i speak for everyone when i say "Doing kirt is easier then sitting down all day and doing simran/bani"

maybe that is why guru ji made amrit vela...i mean what "work" or "kirat" is done doing at that time and it takes about 1.5hrs or 2hrs to do ur panj bani (at steady speed) i mean what is 1.5hours of ur life? :/

+ we all want to meet god yet umm no one wants to put in the effort i mean if u cant do 5banis how u gonna do abhyaas on bani? + You think sitting and doing simran/bani all day is easy...lol i guess maybe ur avasta is higher but i think i speak for everyone when i say "Doing kirt is easier then sitting down all day and doing simran/bani"

145648[/snapback]

That quote was not wriiten by myself but by interanational akali. I agree with what you are saying

so are you saying these all these sants i am not accusing which one do or dont you may all know dont say that dont go to theerths and wash away your sins?????

you become bhramgiani after doing japji sahib tha paat??? what is the point of 1430 pannai of shri guru granth sahib ji if u can become bhramgiani by doing japji sahib tha paat.....

84 lakh joon cutanee a by doing jap ji sahib tha paat 84 times down the flight of stairs?? if someone is doing murders and rapes all his life and goes down a flight of stairs and does japji sahib the paat 84 times will that wash away all his sins????? Multiple akhand paats or multiple paats.... Does gurbani have gantee???? is gurbani on a number system?????

All the karamyatic kahaniya.... I recently went to someones house where a particular jatha in the photo but will not name which one... they were doing sookasan... and after done sookhason the paati said hey its little cold outside and puts two or three more rumalai on top of shri guru granth sahib ji...

now i would like to ask... Is shri guru granth sahib ji cold while doing the sehej paat or akhand paat???? When the indian government shot at the akal takht and various other gurughars 2500 saroops of guru sahib were agan pait what happened then???

I would like to tell you something my dad was having trouble find a truck load at the warehouse where he was trying to find the trailer.... it took him 3 hours there... If there was a bhramgiani there could he have closed his eyes and found the trailers????? just like some keyanes of various sant mahapurkhs that have these kind of stories and that are truly unbeleveable... in a week or two i would like to share some stories about some sants and would like to get answers.. because i dont understand.....

Heera singh how am i taking that salok out of context please look at the whole salok and tell me if i am or not... not jus one or two thooks that you have mentioned... EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FATEH

145648[/snapback]

Buddy describe amrit vela to me when someone goes night shift and comes house at 7??? when is amrit vela???? I guess amritvela too you is passed when u have it at 1.... Guru sahib says Kirt karo, Naam jappo and vand kai shako... jarai bandai nai naam hee japee jana fair kirat kavai karoo???

And we All know badal and sgpc are messed... i am just talking about general.... nor am i takening there side.... in the sikh reyat maryada nitnem banis are Japji sahib jaap sahib and Swaiye and it clearly states that you can do more no one is STOPPING YOU!!!!! but to say it is mandotary is making your own maryada is whih is aganist shri akal takht sahib

so are you saying these all these sants i am not accusing which one do or dont you may all know dont say that dont go to theerths and wash away your sins?????

you become bhramgiani after doing japji sahib tha paat??? what is the point of 1430 pannai of shri guru granth sahib ji if u can become bhramgiani by doing japji sahib tha paat.....

84 lakh joon cutanee a by doing jap ji sahib tha paat 84 times down the flight of stairs?? if someone is doing murders and rapes all his life and goes down a flight of stairs and does japji sahib the paat 84 times will that wash away all his sins????? Multiple akhand paats or multiple paats.... Does gurbani have gantee???? is gurbani on a number system????? 

All the karamyatic kahaniya.... I recently went to someones house where a particular jatha in the photo but will not name which one... they were doing sookasan... and after done sookhason the paati said hey its little cold outside and puts two or three more rumalai on top of shri guru granth sahib ji...

now i would like to ask... Is shri guru granth sahib ji cold while doing the sehej paat or akhand paat???? When the indian government shot at the akal takht and various other gurughars 2500 saroops of guru sahib were agan pait what happened then???

I would like to tell you something my dad was having trouble find a truck load at the warehouse where he was trying to find the trailer.... it took him 3 hours there... If there was a bhramgiani there could he have closed his eyes and found the trailers????? just like some keyanes of various sant mahapurkhs that have these kind of stories and that are truly unbeleveable... in a week or two i would like to share some stories about some sants and would like to get answers.. because i dont understand.....

Heera singh how am i taking that salok out of context please look at the whole salok and tell me if i am or not... not jus one or two thooks that you have mentioned... EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FATEH

145651[/snapback]

I dont even know how to begin to answer this!!!!!!!!!

Firstly i never said that you can become bhramgiani after doing japji sahib paat

However it is our Guru that says, Kinka jis Ji vasavae, Tae ki Mehma Ganee na Avae...... make your own mind what that means

With regards to the blanket issue there is nothing wrong with putting a blanket on Guru Sahib if its cold, Its our sharda. Guru sahib is our living Guru jagdi Joth!

IF YOU WANT TO TREAT IT LIKE A BOOK THAT UP TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

mR aKALI, YOUR VIEWS ARE SO DISILLUSIONED I CANT EVEN COMPREHEND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT SAY bHAGAT tHANNA COULD NOT HAVE HAD DARSHAN OF Waheguru OUT OF A STONE. FACT IS HE DID!!

You are trying to understand god!! thats is your problem. you will never suceed. instead of trying to understand him why not try to merge with him?

Guest toomuchego

Sangatji, we should look at some of the comments on this topic and realise how easy it is to simply criticise some else's beliefs.

If someone looks at sants in very high esteem, then who are we to contradict that view? Instead of splitting the panth, why not all together focus on the terrible things that are going on in this terrible age of Kaljug and try and end them?

This idea of sants within sikhi is a minor detail, and no matter what your viewpoint, there is much worse occuring in this world. In fact the various sants of the world are often contributing positively.

Why criticise?

That is a genuine question - what is this terrible consequence of people loving mahapurakhs and in so doing reaching Waheguru?

Please answer, via e-mail if you like.