Five Sggs In Gudwara

Vjkk Vjkf!

I am visiting India for a few weeks and after going to a gudwara in Raidma i was astounded. A gudwara in Raidma called Baba tara singh had 5 SGGS... I asked the giani ji and they said they one for a wedding, kandpat, and "normal everyday SGGS example: Japji sahib, rehrass." I really didn't understand it lol. I don't know if their is anything against it in the SGGS but what are ur views on this?

Bul chak maf!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This seams the norm nowadays

They use One for normal daily parth and then someone wants a 'Akhand' Paath.

they also do this in the same hall and due to the money making position they do as many as they can, I think they charge around couple of hundred pounds per paath

I have seen in one guruwarda 7 sggs being read at the same time but as only one was being used for normal pray the others were used for 'Akhand' Paath.

Someone correct me please……

When you do a 'Akhand' Paath.

shouldn’t someone from the family actually listen to the parth being done instead of their names being mentioned at the end of the ceremony ?…… grin.gif

In some guruwardas there are two main halls for this reason….

Any comments………..

to be fair, if Gurdwaras dont provide for the community and demand, they get bad mouthed then too. A lot of people want akhand paaths at their houses, or sukhmani sahib paaths, or there will be 2-3 families wanting to do akhand paaths or programmes on the same weekend -- and they expect their local Gurdwara to be able to cater for them. If the Gurdwaras allowed free akhand paaths etc etc then there would be too HUGE a demand so i reckon the best way to limit this is to ask families wanting to do akhand paaths to give "petaa" towards the Gurdwara upkeeping.

ps. i aint a prabandhik or in any comittee lol! i just see things from different angles...

wen i was little we had an akand path and there was like five SGGS jis and know i understand why ther was five....must have been five familes all on the same days.

and yea its important that you sit and listen to the path, thats the whole idea although i have witnessed some familys only makin an appearance at the bhog at the end.

WJKK WJKF

SScom and all

There is nothing wrong in fact it’s a wonderful thing to do a akhand paath

Let it be at a Gurdwara where anyone and everyone can listen to the paath being done.

okay to be fair I don’t understand every word being said but I do get the jist and sometimes when the giani reads slowly I can actually follows what he’s saying..

My point is to do a akhand patth someone is reading and someone is listing..

When the Gurdwara allows more that one, 2,3,4,5,6 patths to be done at the same time, do the person reading it say’s it so that someone can hear ? or drowning out the giani sitting next to him/her, and that person shouting out the other person next to him.. …… LOL.gif …………………………

How can you have more that 1 akhand patth being read and listened to at the same time???

If you’ve got 2 halls then have one for daily patths and the other for akhand patth with only ONE SGGS being read, regardless of how many people want it to be read exclusively for them,

Ie If 70 families want a akhand path this weekend ….

Have 70 SGGS being read by 70 people (quietly as to not to disturb the next person)

Have one SGGS read so that every one can hear the wonderful bani …… d_oh.gif

okay Gurdwara committee you can still charge all 70 families .. just remember to mention their names when doing ardas LOL.gif