Top 10 Must See Places Of Punjab

simmal tree

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa

vaaheguroo jee kee fatheh!

khalsa jee

can you please share your list of TOP TEN MUST SEE gurdwara sahibs and Sikh historical places in Punjab (the full nation of East & West Punjab) and other South Asian places?

thank you

so far I just know of a few

1) Sri Harimandir Sahib & Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib

2) Prakash Asthhan of my father Guru Gobind Singh ji - Sri Patna Sahib

3) My birthplace - Sri Kesgarh Sahib

4) Birthplace of my mother Mata Sahib Kaur Ji - ?? (what is the place called)?

I will list historical places.

Ram Bagh in Amritsar (has a summer palace of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh Ji.) also check out how to destory heritage by having clubs on heritage sites.

Gobindgarh Fort (Amritsar), Fort built by Maharaja Ranjeet Singh Ji, PM Manmohan Singh did announce that he would open it to the public. The last I knew the army were still using it and access was restricted.

Lahore Fort, again the place has immense history. You can imagine the Bhangi sardars holding the fort and then Maharaja Ranjeet Singh Ji. Also check out how to conserve heritage, the Sheesh Mahal within the fort was undergoing careful restoration (good job Jagtar singh Kar Seva Wala did not get the job his approach would have been to cover the place with white marble LOL)

Sheikpura Fort, if you like the stories about Rani Jindan then visit this fort. The British imprisoned her in this fort. In very poor condition.

Quila Mubarik Patiala, nice imposing fort and one of the only Sikh built forts avaialble for you to see. See it before it crumbles away or before the local traders encroach further.

Sheesh Mahal, Patiala, see the awful stuffed animal gallery. See how poor state controlled exhibitions look.

Manauli Fort (about 7KM from Mohali), if you are ever in Chandigarh and feel as if you have eneded up in a concrete jungle (or it reminds you of the old Bullring in Brum) devoid of any charachter then head for Manauli Fort. This fort was held by Nawab Kapoor Singh Ji. Again be quick before it crumbles away.

I am sure there are countless other sites realted to Sikh history.

khalsa jee

can you please share your list of TOP TEN MUST SEE gurdwara sahibs and Sikh historical places in Punjab (the full nation of East & West Punjab) and other South Asian places?

thank you

so far I just know of a few

1) Sri Harimandir Sahib & Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib

2) Prakash Asthhan of my father Guru Gobind Singh ji - Sri Patna Sahib

3) My birthplace - Sri Kesgarh Sahib

4) Birthplace of my mother Mata Sahib Kaur Ji - ?? (what is the place called)?

147046[/snapback]

Birthplace of Khalsa is Anandpur Sahib

Exsame place: Chamkour Sahib

Finaly place where we go is: Such Khan Hazoor Sahib

Sikhi's Birth Place: Nankana Sahib

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

One request Guru Pyarey Veer Kulpreet Singh Jee apart from visiting Historical Gurdwara Sahib, kindly try to visit the local area gurudwara sahib in Punjab and other places.

You should also meet Youth to the max in those local area gurudwara sahib, the good time to meet them is after evening diwan ( as per my experience). Please talk to them share your views / exprience with them. Encourage them for doing parchar among the youth / kids by organizing camps / gurmat classes etc.

bhulla chukka dee maufai

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh