Ardaas

sat_naam18

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru Jee kee fateh

I have a very simple question....is it okay to do ardaas in english? I'm not talking about "formal" ardaas that you do after paat or kirtan....obviously this is read in punjabi. But what if you wanted to do ardaas for a general reason (for example, ask God to help your friend who is sick feel better....this is the best example i could think of...lol). The reason why I am asking this is because my punjabi isn't the greatest...and I sometimes find it easier to "speak" to God in english. Also, is there a specific ardaas that you are suppose to do before you eat?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :)

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru Jee kee fateh

awwwwwww that's like got to be the cutest question ever ! ahhh bless!

ya course it's ok to talk to God in english!! God ain't a Punjabi haha LOL.gif - (would dread to think!) anyways ya God's language - language of Love! You express yourself how you want - shout/scream/whisper/talk/seva/read Gurbani/simran/anything really!!

just remember "bin boliya sabh kich jaanda..." d_oh.gifpray.gif

Vaheguru jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru Jee kee fateh

I have a very simple question....is it okay to do ardaas in english? I'm not talking about "formal" ardaas that you do after paat or kirtan....obviously this is read in punjabi. But what if you wanted to do ardaas for a general reason (for example, ask God to help your friend who is sick feel better....this is the best example i could think of...lol).  The reason why I am asking this is because my punjabi isn't the greatest...and I sometimes find it easier to "speak" to God in english.  Also, is there a specific ardaas that you are suppose to do before you eat?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :)

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa, Vaheguru Jee kee fateh

148270[/snapback]

GuruFateh!

It's OK to talk, pray etc to Waheguru in English if you can express yourself better. Language is no barrier to Waheguru. He knows your inner most thoughts. Even if you are thinking about Waheguru, he knows. This is the power of the all mighty! This is why man can never fool God i.e. some people give to charity because they think that something good will happen to them. But these people do not realise that God knows their ulterior motives. Giving to charity should be a selfless act where one gives to help another and not expect anything in return.

Also, I feel it's important to be able to speak and read Gurmukhi as this is the language of the Guru's and is present in the Guru Granth. We may read english translations but this can NEVER be as good as the original script of Gurmukhi. Sorry for going on a bit!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

i dont know if theres a specific ardaas done before eating. can someone help out? because i would also like to know. before i eat i just silently say my own ardaas to waheguru ji for giving me the meal, n just remember that there are people in the world that wont eat today.

bhul chuk maaf karo ji.

i dont know if theres a specific ardaas done before eating. can someone help out? because i would also like to know. before i eat i just silently say my own ardaas to waheguru ji for giving me the meal, n just remember that there are people in the world that wont eat today.

bhul chuk maaf karo ji.

Yes there is, you can say, say: "Tu dataa dataar, tera ditta khaavnaa" and say you're thankful for the food you're about to eat (sounds better in punjabi)

bhul chuk maaf karo ji.

148367[/snapback]

Two I know of are :

1. Tu daata dataaar tera ditta khavana

2. Dhan Guru Nanak kirpa karro bhog lavo, tey upna seet parshaad bukshow.

bhul chuk maaf karo ji.

148367[/snapback]

check this!