A Clearification Related To A Gurbani Tuk

dreamman

Dear SS members,

I have one question (clearification) ona Gurbani Tuk which reads like this

SAB TE VADHA SATGURU NANAK, JIN KAL RAAKHI MERI

As far as I think Guru Nanak didnt praised himself not referred to himself in any of his writings... but it is read like this everywhere even in shabads also

I think it should be like this

SAB TE VADHA SATGURU, NANAK! JIN KAL RAAKHI MERI

Can somebody clearify me on this...

regards

DM

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=2863&Format=2

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Soohee on Pannaa 749

sUhI mhlw 5 ]

ijs ky isr aUpir qUM suAwmI so duKu kYsw pwvY ]

boil n jwxY mwieAw mid mwqw mrxw cIiq n AwvY ]1]

myry rwm rwie qUM sMqw kw sMq qyry ]

qyry syvk kau Bau ikCu nwhI jmu nhI AwvY nyry ]1] rhwau ]

jo qyrY rMig rwqy suAwmI iqn@ kw jnm mrx duKu nwsw ]

qyrI bKs n mytY koeI siqgur kw idlwsw ]2]

nwmu iDAwiein suK Pl pwiein AwT phr AwrwDih ]

qyrI srix qyrY BrvwsY pMc dust lY swDih ]3]

igAwnu iDAwnu ikCu krmu n jwxw swr n jwxw qyrI ]

sB qy vfw siqguru nwnku ijin kl rwKI myrI ]4]10]57]

soohee mehalaa 5 ||

jis kae sir oopar thoo(n) suaamee so dhukh kaisaa paavai ||

bol n jaanai maaeiaa madh maathaa maranaa cheeth n aavai ||1||

maerae raam raae thoo(n) sa(n)thaa kaa sa(n)th thaerae ||

thaerae saevak ko bho kishh naahee jam nehee aavai naerae ||1|| rehaao ||

jo thaerai ra(n)g raathae suaamee thinh kaa janam maran dhukh naasaa ||

thaeree bakhas n maettai koee sathigur kaa dhilaasaa ||2||

naam dhhiaaein sukh fal paaein aat(h) pehar aaraadhhehi ||

thaeree saran thaerai bharavaasai pa(n)ch dhusatt lai saadhhehi ||3||

giaan dhhiaan kishh karam n jaanaa saar n jaanaa thaeree ||

sabh thae vaddaa sathigur naanak jin kal raakhee maeree ||4||10||57||

Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain?

The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name - he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. ||1||

O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You.

Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. ||1||Pause||

Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death.

No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. ||2||

Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You.

In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. ||3||

I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence.

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||4||10||57||

Actually this shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Jee. I think Guru Arjan Dev Jee is singing the praises of Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As Mehtab Singh ji atteched all shabad...

this shabad(Tuk) is said by sri Guru Arajan Dev ji...

Dreamman ji if u notice, that, all Shabad written by Guru Arjan dev ji, the last line finished with NANAK...

Bhagat Ravidas ji finished his Shabad with "ravidas chamara or ravidas" as Kabir ji finished with "Kabir"etc.etc.

Guru Arjun Dev ji hasn't write his name in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Bhai Gurdas Ji say: "Aap narayen kala dar jag mai parvareo..." so veer ji Guru Nanak dev ji is Akal Purak's roop...Guru Arjun Dev ji say: 'SAB TE VADHA SATGURU NANAK, JIN KAL RAAKHI MERI' Guru Nanak dev ji sarea to vadhe ne, jina ne meri rakhi kitti hai or karde ne...

This Shabad was say by Guru ji when Sulhii Khan aggh de ave vich dig ke mar ghea sii, jehra kye guru ji no marna chaunda si...Guru Arjun dev ji have said another sabad ...'MAI SAB KISH SHORH PRAB TUHII(N) DHEAEYA'...

Bhul Chuk Maaf...

u r sis. Rajvir Kaur

Thanks to Mehtab Singh and to my loving sis, but still i have some doubts.....

when all our guru believed in a surpreme being how can they put the name of the guru nanak dev ji, for which we know he was roop of almighty but he was still a vessel in which their was light of almighty. if Guru Arjun Dev ji has to praise somebody it should have been almighty as Guru nanak Dev ji never asked to praise somebody by name or a person and our all gurus believed in one supreme being....

bhul chuk maaf

but bhaaj, so so so so SO many shabads refer to saying by satguru nanak dev ji......

that's a huge praise, to be sayin "Kaho Nanak" or "Nanak Kahai"... to refer to what someone else has said.. like in an essay in our education systems, to refer to an expert gives your essay credibility... so that if Guru Arjan Dev Ji is referring to Guru Nanak Dev Ji's sayings, then that in itself is a huge method of praise.

but some poeple interpret baani slightly differently, and i don't think your interpretaion of the line is wrong, either... i mean... guru arjan dev ji in another shabad is telling and directing guru nanak to sing god's praises

"Nanak Daas Kaho Gur Vaaho"

so it's very possible that guru arjan dev ji is "tellling" guru nanak dev ji that

"oh nanak.... the greatest is that Satguru that protects me in this age" or what not.... so i don't think either interpretation is wrong.

read Bhatta de savayiee.......all praises of Guru Nanak Dev ji, Guru Angad Devji, Guru Amar Dass ji, Guru RamDass ji, and Guru Arjan Dev ji.

Bhatts had the bakhsish (blessing) of being able to tell the world who the Gurus really are. It is the "birdh" or nature of Akaal Purakh to be extremely humble. So when Akaal Purakh came to us in the form of Guru Nanak, he still maintains that "birdh". Hence no self-praising.

If you read Bhatt bani you will see who Guruji REALLY was.

I leave you with this pangati...

"Aaap Narain kaladhaar jag meh parvario"!!

Dhan Guru Nanak, Tuhi Nirankaar!!

Thanks to Mehtab Singh and to my loving sis, but still i have some doubts.....

when all our guru believed in a surpreme being how can they put the name of the guru nanak dev ji, for which we know he was roop of almighty but he was still a vessel in which their was light of almighty. if Guru Arjun Dev ji has to praise somebody it should have been almighty as Guru nanak Dev ji never asked to praise somebody by name or a person and our all gurus believed in one supreme being....

bhul chuk maaf

148648[/snapback]

Bhai Sahib Bhai Gurdaas ji say:

"Aaap Narain kaladhaar jag meh parvario"!!

...you must understand that our 10 Patshahia had never say that 'we are Akal Purakh' roop'...so Guru Granth Sahib ji's Bani start with IKOA(N)KAAR and finish with 1!!

4 this reason 10 Patshahia had gryeisti life,...this is only for not have different life than all people...VAHO VAHO GOBIND SINGH, AAPE GUR CHELA...

Guru ji say that...CHIT NA BHYEOO, HAMRO AVAN KO, CHUBI RAHI SURAT PRAB CHARNAN ME (Guru Gobind Singh ji)...

Guru Nanak Dev ji always praise defront AKAL PURAKH JI

Guru Nanak Dev JI is Akal Purakh and Guru Gobind Singh ji Akal Purakh TOO...you know that when Guru Gobind Singh ji ne Parkash darea, arrive Bhikhan Shah(muslim Peer) who asked that Guru Gobid Singh ji is Akal Purakh, and he wanted to know only if Guru ji was Hindu or Muslim...If Bhikhan Shah is Peer, why he didn't know about Guru Gobind Ray ji(Guru Gobind Singh Ji)??? It's true that us ne sijda ulat paase nu kitta si...

VEER JI TRY TO READ GURUBANI WITHIN HEARING...ANY TYPE OF PROBLEM M YOU WILL RESOLVE READING GURUBANI...

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATHE!! d_oh.gif

u sis Rajvir

thanks everybody for your clearifications. this was question which some one known asked me and i was answerless but since i was the member of this board and learned alot from it so i asked him let me ask in board about that. thanks for the clearification and regarding reading bani, i really wants to know everything indepth about our gurbani but time is jst not enough for me to justify both with research and bani and i am very sorry for it. i will defintely try to do my best

thanks for all ur support and help