Barrister/advocate

Inderpal

dentist...lol you have to look at other peoples teeth, lots of money

but do you ereally want to be put off your own roti if you look at other peoples teeth?

lawyer...well lawyers are liars. lots of money and its quick to get rich here

but dentist is the best job, especially if you go private. you might have to tie your bear though when you look at other peoples teeth.

anyhow, have you actually thought of asking guru ji first? because chances are the sangat will say YOU decide.

bhul chukke muaff

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

Pyario,

A decision like this is only upto u. You have to decide what you want to be doing and where your interests lies. Both Professions are good.....and if U take the qualities a sikh should have into any profession ...it will be very fruitful for the society on the whole...but If u can't figure out what u want ...then do ardas and take a hukumnama from Guru Sahib. I am sure he's going to help you make your decision.

I am currently working towards being a solicitor (Lawyer for those not in the UK). There is money to be made as a lawyer, especially if you go into the Commercial Sector. It really depends on what interest you have, personally I wish to go into Human Rights. The only problem with choosing to be a Barrister is that after completing your BVC, you would need to go into a Pupillage, which is hard to get into unless you have good contacts and very good grades.

Maybe you should bear this in mind when deciding. Speak to a Careers Advisor and yes do ardaas and Guruji will guide you on what is best for you.

Hope this helps.

p.s. apply for some voluntary work experience with a Barrister..that way you will build your contacts and live the life of a Barrister for the week!

me is doing law and i find it soooooooooo boring!!! anyways only like 1 person out of 3 will make it as a barrister and it's really expensive to do your BVC (and LPC also).

ya you should think about why you are attracted to these professions and which one would give you the better job satisfaction

look at the advantages/disadvantages to both

look at it in terms of seva maybe e.g. you could give free dental treatment to people who can't afford it or you could like save innocent people's lives (like political prisoners being held in jails all over the world) by being a kick a*s barrister