Daarbaar

Guest grandcannon

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

This is a verse in the SGGS which says something about the 'Daarbaar' of his court. What is Daarbarr? What does the verse mean.

PS By the way, I know I've been making a lot of posts, so sorry to bother everyone, I just am so excited to have found the truth, and really want to know more.

WJK WJKF

This is a verse in the SGGS which says something about the 'Daarbaar' of his court. What is Daarbarr? What does the verse mean.

PS By the way, I know I've been making a lot of posts, so sorry to bother everyone, I just am so excited to have found the truth, and really want to know more.

148816[/snapback]

Do u remember the words or lines in the verse? Or do u recall the page number it was on in SGGS?

WJK WJKF

148816[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Veer Ji, im not sure but i think you are referring to this shabad:

hm kUkr qyry drbwir ]

I am a dog at Your Court, Lord.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

WJK WJKF

148816[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

hm kUkr qyry drbwir ]

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

148876[/snapback]

is kookar really a dog??

just a quick suggestion too grandcannon...

Guru Granth Sahib is living jagti jyot. We refer to Guru Jee as an embodiement rather than a book which has pages. hence, we refer to Guru Jee as having angs (limbs) therefore page 2 = ang 2 :)

Its on page 2, and again on page 182. It says 'How can I reach the Darbaar of his court?'

148897[/snapback]

Pyir ik AgY rKIAY ijqu idsY drbwru ]

faer k agai rakheeai jith dhisai dharabaar ||

So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court?

Sat Sri Akal:

The translation is repetitive in that the Darbaar is the Court. As the Almighty is the King of all, to be in the Almighty's presence is to be in the court of the Almighty. So the verse and accompanying verses ask and then subsequently answer the question of how do we break the walls of garbage (maya, 5 vices, worldly existence that lasts a few moments) and become truthful, pure beings which can then be present in the Almighty's presence. The answer is to rise at Amrit Vela and to remember and praise the truth and everpresent. The verses further go on to say that by your Karmas, you have received the precious human birth, but it is by the blessing of the Almighty that you shall obtain liberation to the Almighty's court.

As per your question asking...that is what the forums were intended for...to exchange information and knowledge so that all may benefit. You are doing the right thing...keep asking!!!

Bul Chuk Maaf.

WJK WJKF

148816[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

hm kUkr qyry drbwir ]

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

148876[/snapback]

is kookar really a dog??

148898[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Most translations will equate it to dog, but in bani this isnt a literal translation, what Maharaaj Ji is referring to is a person who goes around shouting with no knowlegde and sense,rather like barking so it is a metaphor. Thats probably the best definition i can give.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!