Metaphor

Trust1

Trust1,

Basically, some of our brothers and sisters are not comfortable enough in their faith to admit to certain events in our history. Certain events that they can't reconcile with science, then generally tend to downplay, often using the "metaphor" card to shun any potential sacrilege.

If every extraordinary event in Sikh history is termed a "metaphor", our history will appear as a big poem.

Do you think the Panja (handprint) of Guru Nanak Dev ji in Haassan Abdal is real?

Do you believe that Guru Gobind SIngh ji brought the Panj back to life?

Well, you'll be shocked to learn that some of our Sikh brothers don't believe in the above events. They think the Panja was fabricated (made up), that's why the SGPC doesn't recognize Panja Sahib gurdwara. They think Guru Gobind Singh ji beheaded goats instead of Panj Piarey.

These are same people who will tell you that Baba Deep SIngh ji didn't carry his head on his palm and continue fighting the enemy. They will tell you that the spot where Baba Deep Singh ji threw his head towards darbar Sahib isn't real. They will tell you that the spot where Baba Deep Singh ji's head landed in the parkarma isn't real ( that's why the SGPC demolished the spot from the parkarma).

Don't let these "metaphor" poets fool you.

149389[/snapback]

I agree with you Veer Jee 110%, oh and also these are the same people who think there is no such thing as a "Sant" or "eating Meat is okay"...etc etc. Our history has always tried to be distorted in many ways and this is just one way!

...Metaphor..... LOL.gif .....Reducing the supreme sacrifice of the Great Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Jee to a mere "Metaphor"? no.gif

post-3838-1138574615.jpg

THAN THAN BABA DEEP SINGH JEE (JATHEDAR DAMDAMI TAKSAAL)

Theh THAN THAN OHNA DEE MAHAAN KURBANEE!!!

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

<<< here we go...as I predicted ! >>>>

Randip Ji, it seems it is okay for you to put your point across but there is indignation when someone else puts their point across!

Their point is just as valid.

<<<  here we go...as I predicted !  >>>>

Randip Ji, it seems it is okay for you to put your point across but there is indignation when someone else puts their point across!

Their point is just as valid.

149462[/snapback]

ohmy.gif

I don't mind a debate but when the first line is accusations like "not comfortable enough in their faith" or "distortionist" or "insulting the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji" etc.............is it a wonder why I reply in kind by refering to these people as New Age Brahmin or Hindu's with turbans? :e:

Re-read all the debates on this forum and you will see one or two people who resort to cheapshots and personal attacks, and when I reply in kind I get accused of making personal remarks! I think you know be well enough from the caste debates and others that I dont take crap from anyone. I will replies to fools foolishly and intelligent people intelligently.

Bundha I can understand your point of view, because it is the way you understand our faith and it makes sense from your point of view (although we disagree we have some common ground), however there are some kids on this forum who have not the slittest idea what the hell they are talking about. They are like brainwashed kids from Madrassas who repeat like parrots what they have been programmed to say. e.g. we have a person reducing this to the meat debate yet again. When will we ever "sikh" (learn), anything? :)

Randip Ji, I know we do not see eye to eye on many matters but I appreciate you are passionate about your way of thinking.

I think our paths, although a little different are facing in the same direction. :)

wa the heck

metaphors?

its sad, real sad

like jai teghang said, u think panj pyarai were metaphors?

u think guru nanak dev jes countless miracles still seen today are metaphors?

do u think tha bhai mani singh je and COUNTLESS outher shaheed sakhees tha have been coming through our history are metaphors?

this is the firsst time in my life i ever heard this

THIS IS Y we have didfferent maryadas

people always making up there own stuff

to people like this al the countless sakhees in gurugranth shaiub je bout bhagath dhhanna, bhagath prhlaad, dropathees honour bein saved, all tha stuff must be a "metaphor"

bhula chuka maf

wa the heck

metaphors?

its sad, real sad

like jai teghang said, u think panj pyarai were metaphors?

u think guru nanak dev jes countless miracles still seen today are metaphors?

do u think tha bhai mani singh je and COUNTLESS outher shaheed sakhees tha have been coming through our history are metaphors?

this is the firsst time in my life i ever heard this

THIS IS Y we have didfferent maryadas

people always making up there own stuff

to people like this al the countless sakhees in gurugranth shaiub je bout bhagath dhhanna, bhagath prhlaad, dropathees honour bein saved, all tha stuff must be a "metaphor"

bhula chuka maf

149616[/snapback]

Brother I suggest you calm down and coolly read the post by Kharkhoo for life. No one is making any stuff up but there is a need to understand actual physical historical events and the need for metaphors to inspire a meek and lowly people.

gupt ji you need to calm down a little bit now... take a deep breath.....

if anyone of these sadhs or sants now can show me a miricle that they can do say like fly to the roof or something else i will bow down infront of shri guru granth sahib ji and ask for forgiveness..... or is it like voodoo where it only happens if you believe in it grin.gif till this day i have not seen one bhooth or bhrait which are sterotypcialized by everyone... i have seen a lot of bhoots and bhraits out there such as people like you and mee. who have not gotten rid of the 5 evils kaam, khroad, loh, moh, ankhar.... this circle that you have gone around in saying that i am right you are wrong will get you no where..... this state in humai that you are in will not get you no where.... please take a deep breath and look at the facts... thjere are countless metaphoirs in shri guru granth sahib ji... you cannot just look at one thook and determine that this is what they are trying to say.. look at the whole salok........ it so great... try reading it slowly for a change rather then rushing through it and read every thook and look at the aarths.. it is so amazing.. you can go on one salok for a day and look at how much different ways it is taken.....

kharkoo has summed it up very clearly but if you would like too see countless other metaphors in gurbani then jus say so maybe you havent seen one and you still think bhagat kkabeer ji ate lakhr dee roti