Where Are You?

heart

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh.

Im quite new to this forum, but i wanted to share something i read in a book which really caught my eye. I wanted to share this with the sangat.

"Gurbani explains why we fail to 'find' waheguru, who is living in every person, by giving an example of a musk deer. The deer smells musk and runs in different directions to find it but remains unsuccessful. He searches for it ouside wheras the musk is inside his own body, hence he fails. It is only when the hunters get him and take the musk from the pouch near his navel that he comes to know of it. In the same way we run out to find waheguru but remain unsuccessful. It is only when the soul leaves the body that we know we are a reflection of waheguru inside the body. This reflection is the sustaining principal of the body. "

Gr hI mih AMimRqu BrpUru hY mnmuKw swdu n pwieAw ]

The home within is filled with Ambrosial Nectar, but the self-willed manmukh does not get tasto te it.

ijau ksqUrI imrgu n jwxY BRmdw Brim BulwieAw ]

He is like the deer, who does not recognize its own musk-scent; it wanders around, deluded by doubt.