Yudh 06

Jagmeet

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glasgow Singh

gur fateh piyaray ji!

i would just wish to express nothing but my sincerest congratulations to the Oldbury Team, who defeated Glasgow team in the final.

You were worthy winners, and i hope that Glasgow can come to your level one day.

AKAAAL!!

Guest Glasgow Singh

yeh, its hard to train with no teacher lol! most of us are on stage 2/3!! you guys probs next level!! like stage 3000

thingy who were you in the team? how do u mean stronger team as well? i hope tonnes of akharras come next year - or have we only got space for 8?

wel from what i gather der can only b 8, but we currently working on new system but not sure if its going to go through. will let you know if happens. hopefully will with mahrajs kirpa!

some of the lads from the singles r going to cum in like the guy who lost in final dis year, n a couple more lads going to change. bcuz most of the guys in the team want a try in the singles too. i was the 1 at the end who fout the paji with the glasses... right at the end.

stages wise we dont really bother with them, jus practice fightin most of the time. wasnt impressed by the point system tho this year, limits the moves you can do, as in no counter attacks... jus c how it goes in future

Guest Glasgow Singh

Your tactics were spot on veer ji - hit and run!! That guy you fought - he's the one who teaches us, but he will confess he himself is a learner ( i know we all are but u know what i mean!)

we hope satinderpal singh comes into team, we had a great desire to play him. Jagmohan Singh our singles champion was not selected for the team! thats why he was in singles!!

as for the points system, i donot wish to be critical, but we were told circular motion vaars, within pentra would be accepted, yet at the tournament several taps etc were awarded, and "proper" vaars werent.

But it's all good, friendly competition!

ps, no counter attacks!?? :wub:

i meant that they only counted hits when you was moving forward where as alot of our fighting technique is countering whilst moving back, where as if that was done this year the hit for the person moving forward was awarded.

not sure about the taps, will have to wait until video is released to view it. n hopefully Sat will be in the team (once iv forced him into it) lol. how come Jagmohan singh wasnt counted?? Sat would have been included but he wanted to have another year in singles. disapointed its all over. wait all year for it and then it just flies by!lol

Guest Glasgow Singh

lol im either really dumb or really confused - probably the first one! but was Bhai Butta Singh not your teacher? he was one of the refs, surely he told you guys before the tournament??

as for jagmohan singh, the team was selected - with the 'supposed' best players picked - according to the points scoring system - ie who was stroinger at forward striking vaars. it was thought he was good, but messy - and it was strongly emphasised that this type of gatka would be unnacceptable at yudh 06...

btw if any of the above sounds rude/spiteful or whatever - trust me its not meant to be!!!