Explaining God!

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I found these stories realling inspiring written by other Sikhs on another Sikh forum:

http://www.sikhportal.com/modules.php?name...=20875&start=15

So i copied n pasted these two stories which i thought was inpiring here:

On this forum someone asked how do you kow God exists;

someone replied:

Ive been thinkin about this too..

Its hard to answer when u r confronted this typa question...

Ppl often respond with - how do u knw God doesnt exist?

I think its a question of faith.. Its about believing that there is a higher/greater good/power in this world than humans..!

Or u cud say that God exists inside u.. Its a feeling that u have - thats how you knw God exists, coz u can feel it... And God has no form, yet takes every form.....

And then someone else replied:

Jus to elaborate on the blue line with a story i heard.... ->

there was this baba ji, he was walking the street, and this crazed, butch, scary lukin gora person came up to him and started to say, ur all fake, ur god is nothin, y dont u try to show and prove that there is a god - where is he! - the gora was sayin this in a threatenin, humialting, violent way!.. the baba ji unphased, hada sottee in his hand, and lifted his sottee and smacked it hard on the guys hed!! "AW!" - the gora screamed in pain!!

the baba ji sed, did u feel that? the gora sed yes!! - it hurt! it was painful!!!... the babaji sed, wat is pain?? why dont u try and show me and prove ur pain??... the gora sed, well i feel it!! - it hurt!!.. and babaji sed, in the same way as u can feel ur pain, i can feel my god, my waheguru - god isnt for me to tell u or show, u mus see and feel it for urself...

Another inspiring story ive copied n pasted here (from the same thread):

Personally I do not think I can answer this question to your satisfaction, but I am going to share with you what I heard.

Once an inter-faith seminar was organized & learnt Gursikh ( I do not remember the name) attended it. first day was to prove that God does not exist...different people gave different theories to prove that...next day was to prove that 'God exist'... this simple Gursikh guy stood up and asked "Do you know who your father is?" Lots of hands were raised and all said 'yes'..He further asked "how do you know that he is your father?" People were very eager and few said "When I was born my mother told me so"......and this Gursikh said "You beleive what your mother told you and I beleive what my Guru told me....my Guru.. Guru Nanak Dev Ji told me that God exists & hence GOD EXISTS"

Simple, it is matter of faith. I did not read any of the post above, please forgive me I do not want to get into this discussion, but felt like sharing what someone told me & I found it quite intersting way of explaining one's fainth

Do you exist? that alone is sufficent proof.

:TH: Thats exactly what i written in that forum aswell (but worded slightly different)

This is what i said on the post:

So where is proof that God exists?

My existance is his proof, Gurbani is his proof, even though as the brother said we dont need proof of God.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been asked the same questoon many times, not by gori's but by muslims. There're always trying to challenge me, testing me. Their main aim is to prove that their religion is better than ours-but I think to myself- they've just asked me 'how do I know that god exists', not to prove that my religion is better. And i always use to ignore them, until one day, one muslim really got on my nerves, so i turned around and said-

'' Hey look at yourself, u can't take the fact that i'm not answering you. And bcos i'm not answering u, u've got nothing to argue with me about. Well, maybe u should concentrate why we have been born into a religion, rather than u always wanting to show that your religion is the best. u're sooo focused about this, i bet u don't even know how to answer that question urself''

But i want some advice on how i cud give him an answer which'll make him shut up...plz

I understand where you're coming from. I'm white, and i live in a town where 98% of the population are Christian. I was born into a christian family. I'm bombarded every day, not just by other people threatening me, but by my own family, sometimes, too. They tell me I'm going to hell, and it's hard to ignore sometimes.

I've been asked the same questoon many times, not by gori's but by muslims. There're always trying to challenge me, testing me. Their main aim is to prove that their religion is better than ours-but I think to myself- they've just asked me 'how do I know that god exists', not to prove that my religion is better. And i always use to ignore them, until one day, one muslim really got on my nerves, so i turned around and said-

'' Hey look at yourself, u can't take the fact that i'm not answering you. And bcos i'm not answering u, u've got nothing to argue with me about. Well, maybe u should concentrate why we have been born into a religion, rather than u always wanting to show that your religion is the best. u're sooo focused about this, i bet u don't even know how to answer that question urself''

But i want some advice on how i cud give him an answer which'll make him shut up...plz

152748[/snapback]

You need not tell him anything...there are no words which you can express that will convince him because the experience of God is Subjective as far as Validity or Proof is concerned. You cannot convince other throught words that the taste of Suger is sweet, instead they must taste it to know. Ask him if he knows the answer, most likely he will use his religious text to validate his answer, but then it is not 'his' answer, it is what he has been told or what he has read. It is the answer of the Koran or the bible etc but not 'his'. It is not the same thing. You can read about Paris all you want, but that does not mean you have been there to experience the culture, the atmosphere for yourself. There is a difference in reading somethign and believing and experiencing something and Knowing it. God is to be experienced and to be Known, not only about believing in something that is written by those who experienced it.