When did you start listening to kirtan?

kirpakaro

for me it was an old Bhai Tejinderpal Singh Ji (Dulla Veerji) tape that someone had given me. i started listening to it i couldn't stop listening to it, that was years ago. and now I listen to all akj kirtan, i have a heard time listening to raagi kirtan. what about you guys?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Vaaheguroo jee kaa Khaalsaa, Vaaheguroo jee kee Fateh!

For me it was an old tape of Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee,

I still have that tape and listen to it whenever I can,

The choice of shabads and the way Bhai Sahib brought them together was amazing,

The theme of the shabads was about the greatness of Gursikhs,

The amount of passion he put into the Keertan was inspiring.

Japnaam Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Listening to keertan.... when i was reallly little.... :@

but i got into it a lil more when i turned 5...

i useto sit in my dad's lap and listen to him play "sa re ga ma.." lol... rolleyes.gif he would tell me not to touch the vajja cause i pressed all the keys at once and put all my wait on the them... ;)

i really liked the way he would press around 2 keys and do those dharna's... :( ..so taht got me a bit going...

and now... heheh all grown up.. :@ .... i teach him keertan...all wid guru's kirpa :) (hahaha.. revenge ..in a gd way tho... rolleyes.gif )

.... I got into it through raynsbai's and internet ...

Love Keertan to the maxx .. Can't live without it ^_^

wubb.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest balwinderkaur

first started off listening to the late bhai rajinder singh singapore wala.....great KEERTANEE he was. :):( then moved on to listening to other raagee keertanees. i listen to akj keertan once in a while. all keertan rock. luv em all. :@;)

well, i've been surrounded by sangat since i was 2, so i've been maha-lucky that way haha... i've grown up around a gursikh environment, so i've been hearing keertan since i was 2. but i first fell in love with Chaman Laal raagi (i think he's changed his name now that he's taken amrit..i hope he has).... and then there was a bunch of tapes that i got from samagams that happened in Dodra back in the early 90's...i'm not even sure who the keertanis were...and then i got my first Dulla Veerji tape in 1993 i think.... his style was infatiuating... and thennn most recently, RJS Singapore wallay and Bhai Niranjan Singh JK vallay, and then last week i started listening to the pure raag keertan by Baljeet Singh (yea....the naamdhari one) and Gurmeet Singh.. but don't worry, i only listen to the actualy Gurbani......none of that "Jai Jai Guru Raam Singh" schnazz....

but hahaha yeah...that's my kirtan-loving evolution... don't get me wrong...it's not the people that got me into it, it's the style and the sound that got me going. i've been lucky, i guess, to be able to feel good about a lot of different styles of keertan.

well, i've been surrounded by sangat since i was 2, so i've been maha-lucky that way haha...  i've grown up around a gursikh environment, so i've been hearing keertan since i was 2. but i first fell in love with Chaman Laal raagi (i think he's changed his name now that he's taken amrit..i hope he has).... and then there was a bunch of tapes that i got from samagams that happened in Dodra back in the early 90's...i'm not even sure who the keertanis were...and then i got my first Dulla Veerji tape in 1993 i think.... his style was infatiuating... and thennn most recently, RJS Singapore wallay and Bhai Niranjan Singh JK vallay, and then last week i started listening to the pure raag keertan by Baljeet Singh (yea....the naamdhari one) and Gurmeet Singh.. but don't worry, i only listen to the actualy Gurbani......none of that "Jai Jai Guru Raam Singh" schnazz....

but hahaha yeah...that's my kirtan-loving evolution...  don't get me wrong...it's not the people that got me into it, it's the style and the sound that got me going. i've been lucky, i guess, to be able to feel good about a lot of different styles of keertan.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

HAnji me to

been surrounded by Sangat since I was really small..

I've also grown up listening to Kirtan biggrin.gif

I first fell in love with ..

Sant Niranjan Singh JI's Kirtan.....especially da dhavla mans beats

SOO WICKED UNDESCRIBABLE..

And then later on I heard Bhai Manpreet Singh JI's Kirtan

OMG ^_^^_^^_^^_^ Not a mainstream RAghi

but his kirtan has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mcuh RAas

His cassettes are quite hard to FInd even In Panjab :|

But he's the Hazori RAagi in Gurudwara Dookh Nivaran SAhib Ludhiana

RECOMMEND EVERY1 TO GET A COPY OF HIS KIRTAN WHEN YOU GO TO PANJAB

Chaman Laal raagi (i think he's changed his name now that he's taken amrit..i hope he has

Hanji ..Indeed he has Amrit Shaakna...

but theres rumours about him being a member of R.S.S as he Is a convert from Hinduism..

and he has done KIRTAN in GAnesha's Mandir (what I'

;ve heard atlest)

no ninda..jus telling what I've heard

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

started with a dulla CD - a family friend gave me.

laal rang tis ko laga.

-fantastic keertan!!

I enjoy Bhai Manmihan Singh Jee's (san jose waale) Keertan as it combines akj and raag.

- excellent combo!

now all i do in my free periods (sixth form college), and free time at home is chek l8est keertan.

Its amazing how guru jee played with gurbani so that people could understand it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

started with a dulla CD - a family friend gave me.

laal rang tis ko laga.

-fantastic keertan!!

I enjoy Bhai Manmihan Singh Jee's (san jose waale) Keertan as it combines akj and raag.

- excellent combo!

now all i do in my free periods (sixth form college), and free time at home is chek l8est keertan.

Its amazing how guru jee played with gurbani so that people could understand it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji's kirtan is full of raas.... wubb.gif

Waheguru.............

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!