When did you start listening to kirtan?

kirpakaro

I'm pretty sure that I used to listen to kirtan overtime when I wasn't really into Sikhi but if I am not mistaken, when I barely got into Sikhi my first kirtan tracks were by Bhai Harpreet Singh Ji, Bibi Harpreet Kaur, Bhai Daljinder Singh Ji and Gyani Nahar Singh Ji from the Toronto July 2001 smagam. :)

Vaheguroo jee ka Khalsa

Vaheguroo jee kee Fateh!!

i've been listening to kirtan for a while now, since about age 6-7 but it never really affected me.

the very first time i actually got peace of mind by listening to kirtan is when i heard Bhai Jeevan Singh Jee doing the shabad raam japo jee aisay aisay dhroo prehlaad japio har jaisay at khalsa school (im still looking for it on the net btw, so if anyone has it let me know). The keertan that he did was so beautiful, even though i didnt know what it meant, it was jsut wonderful

i REALLY got into kirtan about 2 years ago, when i became friends with this girl who was already totally into kirtan.

before i met her, my friends would all be like "hey u wanna hear a kool song?" and now it was like "hey u wanna hear a wicked shabad?" and thats waht totally got me into kirtan... and my sangat has expanded so much, thanks to guru jee i've met so many chardi kala people in just these two years alone...and guru jee has inspired me through these people into Sikhi.

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

oh i dont know..

we never had a tape at home(had it ..but it broke everytime...and everyone was tierd of takin it to the shop) ..actually they never had to listen to any kirtan on tapes..my biji and mum did path almots all day long..and as in pind u know, in the morning and evening u get to listen to path on the speakers(LIVE waheguru i miss those days)..anyhow

now thinking bout this...the 1st time i heard gurbni kirtan as much as i remember was ..when i used to go to school..in this really tight gali(ali), in the morning..almost everyday they used to have this kirtan on "Ram Ram karta sabh jag fireyh, ram na payiya jayiey" oh i can;t discribe it in words, i would get of my bike and start walking so slow to jus listen to the kirtani..i wanted to knwo who sung the shabd..but didnt knwo who to ask...after moving to US i got to knwo that it was bhai"Rangilaa ji" who sung it. so i fell in love wth him.

..my bapuji used to put live kirtan form darbar sahib(at 5 pm on INDIA RADIO..lol i think that was the only 1 station there eva was back in 80s) on his radio..it used to be great ragis doing kirtan, but i never understood tthen.

what got me into sikhi and kirtan was sant isher singh jis katha kirtan, whic i heard at Rara sahib...we bought few cassests... came to my nankey heard 1-2 there.it was jus amazing...and i jus fell in love with him.

that was when i was gona come to me dad ji(US)

this lead to to buyin all the cassest cds i could...lol of any raagii/kirtaniya.

and that time i aslo i heard bibi Baljit Kaurs kitan. my cousin sis had it and she said its awesome. tht was teh gift she have me before i came here.

lord the shabds were amazing.

moreover

i never knew there was jathass like akj, taksal...and one day this aunty ji gave loads of recorded cassest(she has sooooooooooooooooooooo many in her house and car..they both are full) to my mum ji..and ofcourse my mum never had that much time to lsiten to all of um..so i used to put um on when eva free, wanted to hear everything lol...then i heard kirtan whic was jus ohmy.gif

i listen to it again and again...i never heard those shabds in my life what i was hearing at that time. eventhough we had few reansabhyi kirtan at our gurdwara, but still i had no clue that it was done by ak jathaa. then i met vicky veer ji and slowly slowly ( i think last yr ) found out that the kirtan was done by bhai dulla ji..and i fell in love with him B)

all with His kirpa:)

nw i listen to Gurbani kirtan ^_^ ( :e: the only one i love..Amrit bani of Karta Purakh)

(umm im sure by redain me post u got it :T:

yea u got it...its easy to make me love u rolleyes.gif

jus do kirtan for me..or jus recite gurbani and right t

hie ju see me at ur feet ^_^ :nihungsmile: and lub in me eyes(jus like the cartoons when tehy fall inlove their eyes have HEARTS twinkilin, symbolizin they in love..hehe))