Watch Trailer

One Man Army

Why does that hurt the Sikh sentiment? It is based on a true story of what happened in partition - a Sikh man rescued a Muslim girl, they married, she returned to Pakistan, he went after her, converted to Islam, but her family rejected him and he commited suicide. It has been made into a movie before in Shaheed-e-Mohabbat. It is a true story.

Why this hysteria over everything?

i think its to do with the content of the video, as alot of singhs i know felt very upset when seeing certain parts of the trailer. n not evryone no's of this true story so once again to suddenly see a video of a singh cutting his hair and then putting on a topi can be quite sadning

But it is the truth of what happened. I was upset when I watched the movie Maachis when it showed the 1984 riots and all the hair being cut off then. But it describes a reality. I was upset when I watched the movie Kaya Tharan about 1984 and a boy who escapes by cutting off his hair. But it was a reality.

You have to understand the difference between fiction and real life. You have to understand this. It is not dealing with things properly to not appreciate this. To complain of 'hurt sentiments' all the time without even watching or understanding it - it just seems weak and whiny, too.

Paaji - I just think that sometimes we Sikhs look to get offended too easily and we don't appreciate or understand things like fiction and movies. It is good to be idealised but we also have to deal with issues in an honest way and not allow worries about image to take precedence over intelligence. Alot of bad things happened at partition - Sikh men killed their daughters rather than let them be abducted, Sikhs left behind in Pakistan cut their hair. Sikhs did terrible things too - killed Muslim innocent men women and children, raped Muslim girls.

We have to gain mental strength and not be so easily offended, especially about things that mean no offence.

And I hate to see Sikhs always complaining about hurt sentiments. I am trying to imagine a Lion ever complaining about a fly that bites it on the leg. Would it growl 'You hurt my sentiments, you hurt my sentiments' Or would it ROAR and keep moving forward?

Sikh men killed their daughters rather than let them be abducted, Sikhs left behind in Pakistan cut their hair. Sikhs did terrible things too - killed Muslim innocent men women and children, raped Muslim girls.

We have to gain mental strength and not be so easily offended, especially about things that mean no offence.

This is the first time I'm reading Sikhs raped Muslims girls during partition. Isolated incident, may have happened, but I need to see some reference. People tend to forget, our population is so small compared to the others and yet it always look like we are the one that causes all the troubles.

*Still waiting for a reality made Operation Blue Star and how thousands of innocent pilgrims were killed on that day.*

Gurfateh