Reincarnation Vs. Paradise

sher_panjabi

Daas is writing a dissertation on the journey of the soul, comparing Sikhi and Islam in regards to life after death.

I was sent this document by someone. I have added some extra stuff to it at the bottom of the article.

I definately recommend people to read this because as Sikhs we should have knowledge about reincarnation and life after death if someone asks us.

Heaven Vs. Reincarnation article (just shows arguments in small points presented in a table):

Questions_reincarnation___others.doc

Guru Rakha.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Useful article sent to me:

Reincarnation the evidence:

1. Law of Physics:

The First Law of Thermodynamics, which says energy and matter can be transformed from one to the other, but not created nor destroyed.

2. Near Death Experiences: NDE

There are numerous researchers who have been studying NDE in children & adults, across all cultures. E.g. Dr E Kubler-Ross, R Moody,

Evidence from an excellent and fascinating book Life After Life, by Raymond A. Moody, Jr. The book is a collection of accounts of people who had been pronounced dead but returned to consciousness.

“…Through all of my research, however, I have not heard a single reference to a heaven or a hell or anything like the customary picture to which we are exposed in this society. Indeed, many persons have stressed how unlike their experiences were to what they had been led to expect in the course of their religious training. One woman who "died" reported: "I had always heard that when you die, you see both heaven and hell, but I didn't see either one." Another lady who had an out-of-body experience after severe injuries said, "The strange thing was that I had always been taught in my religious upbringing that the minute you died you would be right at these beautiful gates, pearly gates. But there I was hovering around my own physical body, and that was it! I was just baffled." Furthermore, in quite a few instances reports have come from persons who had no religious beliefs or training at all prior to their experiences, and their descriptions do not seem to differ in content from people who had quite strong religious beliefs”

3. The Tibetan Book of the Dead not only recounts with remarkable accuracy the stages of near-death encounters (in agreement with Moody's observations), but it also says that reincarnation does occur, naturally

4. In the experimental technique of hypnotic regression, a subject under hypnosis is made to go back to successively earlier times in life. When told to go back beyond the earliest present-life experiences, many subjects tell stories about previous lives in earlier times and different places. Some of these stories can be checked, and have turned out to be amazingly accurate, even when it is definitely established that the subject could not have known about the events, people, and places described so accurately. Many impressive and well-documented cases of hypnotic regression exist (see, for example, Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation by Ian Stevenson, MD)

5. Another body of evidence for reincarnation comes from documented accounts of young children who, when they learn to talk, report knowledge of relationships to other families in distant places, with uncanny accuracy. (National Geographical, Horizon BBC)

Time after time, we have seen the proof for reincarnation. It explains where we come from, allows every individual to take responsibility for their own actions, explains irrational phobias, fears, talents, it explains love between people, it explains “sudden” attraction or dislike between people, it explains why YOU are born within a particular family, community, ethnic group etc, those who refute reincarnation can not explain any of these!.

Dear sisters/brothers..

Talking about reincarnation

Some people believe

Their religion said u go to heaven or hell after u die full stop period…..

As told to them by god.

We have been told about reincarnation / karma. As told to us by our guru’s.

Interesting thing the internet.

Type :

reincarnation

and u get 2,920,000 hits

doh :lol: @

I’m not going to say look at this site or that site, what I will say is that a lot of people after various methods, or means, have come to the conclusion that there may be some thing into this…. reincarnation lark…

Any comments from any one who thinks that this reincarnation lark may not be made up rubbish.

sorry but i just found this and just had to through it in

"Don't you know that Christianity embraced reincarnation for three hundred years, until the Roman influence expunged it after the Enmperor Constantine recognized the Church? What do you think the early Christians were thinking when they asked Christ whether he was Elijah, who had come before? They were thinking reincarnation, that's what."

love and peace

wjkk

wjkf

the biggest point in favour of reincarnation is why people have different destiny.why some have all the worldly pleasures while others

have nothing.why some people are born without eyes hands or feets

why some people are mentally retarted.if we accept islamic view of one chance then where will mentally retarded people go.they don't understand what is right what is wrong

wjkk

wjkf

the biggest point in favour of reincarnation is why people have different destiny.why some have all the worldly pleasures while others

have nothing.why some people are born without eyes hands or feets

why some people are mentally retarted.if we accept islamic view of one chance then where will mentally retarded people go.they don't understand what is right what is wrong

152173[/snapback]

Right is that...that try to ask to that ppl who are born without eyes, hands etc. etc...

Make a search for gnostics and reincarnation on google. You'll find loads. From what I've read on some sources, a lot of Christian braches still believe in reincarnation, it is in the 300 ad sometime that Constatine decided to modify Christianity to his political benifit that reincarnation was removed, Jesus was madethe divine Son of God (By ignoring other Gospels, previewing him as a divine being - but a HUMAN BEING, married etc)

Loads of modifications made. Similar to the way Sikhi is changing today by R.S.S influence, and Sikhs now happily accept photos today, and ignore hukmi raag Kirtan etc - some pretty important things...

bhull chukk maaf

Good points.

In my second year at uni I studied the Council of Nicene and how the Christian doctrine was formalised and certain books were disregarded from the the final compilation of the Bible.

In my first year at uni I learnt from my Islamic History class that the Quran was recorded in Written format 60 years after the Prophet passed away during the reign of the Second Caliph. There were so many different versions of the Quran around - people had recorded the Prophets words on leaves, stones, rocks and wood etc. So there was a selective process where the final and present form of the Quran was made.

Even today, my lecturer says that there are 7 different versions of the Quran however they have very insignificant differences.

Something interesting I found

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 556:

Narrated Aisha:

The Prophet heard a man reciting the Qur'an in the mosque and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such a Surah."

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 557:

Narrated Hisham:

(The same Hadith, adding): which I missed (modifying the Verses).

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 558:

Narrated Aisha:

Allah's Apostle heard a man reciting the Qur'an at night, and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such Verses of such-and-such Suras, which I was caused to forget

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 559:

Narrated Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "Why does anyone of the people say, 'I have forgotten such-and-such Verses (of the Qur'an)?' He, in fact, is caused (by Allah) to forget."

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 561:

Narrated Umar bin Khattab:

I heard Hisham bin Hakim bin Hizam reciting Surat-al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, and I listened to his recitation and noticed that he recited it in several ways which Allah's Apostle had not taught me. So I was on the point of attacking him in the prayer, but I waited till he finished his prayer, and then I seized him by the collar and said, "Who taught you this Surah which I have heard you reciting?" He replied, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me." I said, "You are telling a lie; By Allah! Allah's Apostle taught me (in a different way) this very Surah which I have heard you reciting." So I took him, leading him to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I heard this person reciting Surat-al-Furqan in a way that you did not teach me, and you have taught me Surat-al-Furqan." The Prophet said, "O Hisham, recite!" So he recited in the same way as I heard him recite it before. On that Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed to be recited in this way." Then Allah's Apostle said, "Recite, O 'Umar!" So I recited it as he had taught me. Allah's Apostle then said, "It was revealed to be recited in this way." Allah" Apostle added, "The Quran has been revealed to be recited in several different ways, so recite of it that which is easier for you."

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 562:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet heard a reciter reciting, the Qur'an in the mosque at night. The Prophet said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has remind ed me of such-and-such Verses of such and-such Suras, which I missed!"

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...ri/061.sbt.html