Can Sum1 Answer My 2-3 Questions

satnam

what does amritvela mean?

what is amritvela?

y shuld we wake up 4 amritvela what is the purpose of it?

babbar khalsa produced the most chardi kalla singhs and singhnea that always inspire me, and i always try to find out wat other seva they did 4 da panth.

an sum1 sed to me

" i dont like millitants dat disrespect guru ji's khanda, by changing it, eg adding guns".

der cant be anyfing rong wid adding guns, cus its on da babbar khalsa khanda. so wat answer can i give. cus i can c wer dis person was cuming from by saying we shuldnt change guru jis khanda.

i know dis has been discussed before but i culdnt find it anywer, cud sum1 in a few lines tell me wat a chand is, because i used to fink it was a khanda.

and if a random person asked u, y u wear a turban, wat wud be da best reasons to say y u wear a turban

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is amritvela?

Amrit i think means pure .. vela means time .. so putting it together we get the purest time of the day .. which is the early morning when you gots no other distractions, its peaceful, and all you get is urself and guru ji .. its between usually 2-6am.

Here is a good shabad that explains the purpose ..

baabeehaa anmrith vaelai boliaa thaa dhar sunee pukaar

The rainbird chirps in the ambrosial hours of the morning before the dawn; its prayers are heard in the Court of the Lord.

eventhough its talkinabout a bird.. most of examples of stories in guru granth sahib ji we can relate it to our personal life. :lol:

Here is another one ..

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhulukae outh har naam dhiaavai

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

They are both beautiful shabads .. i used a desktop version of STTM to find the shabads but you should do a search for these shabads on www.sikhitothemax.com so you can fully get true meaning of what guru ji is saying :cool:

ill leave the next two questions to sangat .. but the last question i have an answer..

and if a random person asked u, y u wear a turban, wat wud be da best reasons to say y u wear a turban

Its my CROWN ! :cool:

Im a singh/princess and one without its CROWN is not a singh/princess :) hehe

hope that helped .. :TH:

pray.gif

what is amritvela?

babbar khalsa produced the most chardi kalla singhs and singhnea that always inspire me, and i always try to find out wat other seva they did 4 da panth.

an sum1 sed to me

" i dont like millitants dat disrespect guru ji's khanda, by changing it, eg adding guns".

der cant be anyfing rong wid adding guns, cus its on da babbar khalsa khanda. so wat answer can i give. cus i can c wer dis person was cuming from by saying we shuldnt change guru jis khanda.

i know dis has been discussed before but i culdnt find it anywer, cud sum1 in a few lines tell me wat a chand is, because i used to fink it was a khanda.

155347[/snapback]

The Khanda is not a puratan design dating to the time of our Guru Ji. It is a 20th century design. If the person does not know this then I expect they do not really know much else. Next time make them aware of this.

thanks jaspaul, can any1 else answer my other questions

lol and yh i got 1 more question how do u delete ur topics that u have started cus i accedently made mine 3 tyms

155354[/snapback]

dont worry.. admin will clear that up for u ..hehe

and kurtas veer is rite.. before they use to have just the center long double-edged khanda .. as a nishaan sahib.. the modern one consisting of the chakar and the miri/piri is made recently..

lol i'm confused, so guru ji didnt make the khanda.

cud u explain to me lyk u was explaing to da person dat sed

wat wud u say

an wat bout my chand question

155401[/snapback]

With regards to the Khanda, I would say something along the lines of : The Khanda is not a puratan design dating to our Guru Ji. The Khanda of today is a design dating to the 20th century. As it is not puratan and a relativey recent design there is nothing wrong with adding guns etc to it.

If they insist it it Guru Ji's design ask them for sources as they know more than anyone else.

thanks a lot that will help me allot.

but i got 1 more question

dis geeza in yr 11 goes to me

"ppl do phaat to have a better life, so y r u sitting der reading lots and lots of bani. if u want a gud lyf, den y dont u go out der an have a gd lyf"

dis was a very wierd question dat was asked, how wud any1 reply to dis

some people do paat coz they want things or 'a good life'

Gurskihs do paat because it is Guru Saroop, it makes you closer to Guru Sahib, you get to know Guru Sahib.

Just like when you love someone you only want to spend time with them, thats why Gursikhs do paat.

The difference is that Guru Sahib will be with you for always, even after you die, people will be left behind after you die.

amrit vela paat gives more fal