Our Society And Jealousy

United1985

Our society has seemed 2 gone backwards instead of supporting people we seem to be more inclined in bring them down.

as i am from the UK this relates to situations here and i want to address them with the sangat.

many of these situations certain people will have been through or will have heard about these situations occuring.

First of all topic of seva.

anyone who is young and below the age of 30 who seems to want to take a keen role in gurdwara duties, such as be in the commitee and make a difference or arrange events etc. dont seem to last long, or dont even get the chance. As the older generation dont seem to want young people doing anything. instead get jealous and find ways of demoralising them so that they leave.

Majority of Gurdwara committees are happy enough to take sangats money to put in a bank, however when you approach them to spend the money on kirtan darbars, camps, etc they say we havent got no money where as in reality they probably have half a million in the bank. you will always find that they have money going into building projects etc, but again no money is likely to be spent on the sangat.

The gurdwaras have become that greedy that they even take money of the stage from ragis. As far as i am aware the uk is the only place where this happens. It seems that gurdwara parbandaks have no respect for religious leaders let it be ragis, katha vachaks or sants.

They are all keen on making new gurdwaras, and you may have noticed if one party falls out with the other, 6 months later what do you see another gurdwara in the city!!

Those in the limelight become centre of attention when they are doing something good they will get huge support, however as soon as they do the slightest thing wrong they become public enemy and all the good things they have done then meaning nothing, perfect eg baba ranjit singh.

you will find many people who will be willing to take a piece of the action but when it comes to putting your hands in and helping, the majority stands back.

you will also find people will be quick to start fights and many people will join in.

however you will find less people who want to do something for the community and even less people to support them

It has become a sad state of affairs. If we are to progress we are to stand united and support eachother.

to me it seems that only indian people have a real jealousy problem and cant stand to see others succeeding, people need to come out this way of thinking and support the younger generation who will be leading Sikhi forward.

Forgive me for my mistakes

i can understand what your saying

i went to a gurdwara a few years back to raise money fro people in kosovo, one comitte guy said its ok go ahead, and then as we were abotu to go on, this other comittee guy ran up and stopped us, teh comittee guy wouldnt even let us on the stage,

yet now hes up fro a big fundign drive for the new gurdwara

what i don't understand is why does teh sangat keep givign them money,

then the comittees act like its their money , its teh sangats money and it shoudl benefit teh sangat.....

the money and teh gurdwara is there to help the sikh sangat, not to buy massive buildings that are empty all week and just for the multiple wedding akahnd paaths.

theres no point, for 3 percent of what they spend on a new building they could employ a full time youth worker and also pay fro a yearlong series of activities.

you are better off sendign your money to earthquake disaster apeal or to help the aged or save teh children fund......

and better of doing soemthign useful yourself, in your own time, because teh comitees aint interested unless its guna big them up.....

taran

Hello evey1,

Well, in my opinion i think i know what the solution to this problem is....

Having NO committee = Better Gurudwaras for us all!!!!!

We shouldn't really have a committee...look at how many arguments occur. They say their intentions r to make things better...but things only go worse. By having a group to control what goes on in a gurudwara, can also mean that they can change the ways in which the gurudwara should be ran. Instead of the interest of our faith, they're more concerned about their pockets...

But let's face it...is wealth everything...and you should be able to do seva whenever you want. When a person tells u, u can't for no legitamate reasons, then who is that person to say that to u!!!! If u know in ur heart that u want to help, then do it, becus Gog has given that feeling to u for a reason, so don't seclude urself from it.

I'm just glad that not all Gurudwaras r runned by committees. But it's a shame that there are gurudwaras for different castes, it only divides us more...