Can Amrit Sikhs Deal With Ppl With No Belief God?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

^ yeah kinda lol... but im slow thinker lol... coz i understood its best not to hang around wiv them coz the company who u hang around wiv affects you... but im asking now if i do hang around wiv them would it actually be considered a paap/sin? If that makes sense.

vaheguru

bhaj i think u missin the point slightly....in my opinion...anything we do or think is paap if it doesnt remind us or take us closer to maharaj....so u really got to ask urself is this action/thought/sangat...aiding me in any way to get closer to vaheguru....if so then no not a paap...if so then it is....

....looking at the issue it seems more important that you realise what paap is....paap isnt who and who u dont chill with but more importantly how u spend your time...and what you do with the time you have....any of us could die any second....

sorry for mistakes....

guru ji kee fateh

vaheguru

bhaj i think u missin the point slightly....in my opinion...anything we do or think is paap if it doesnt remind us or take us closer to maharaj....so u really got to ask urself is this action/thought/sangat...aiding me in any way to get closer to vaheguru....if so then no not a paap...if so then it is....

....looking at the issue it seems more important that you realise what paap is....paap isnt who and who u dont chill with but more importantly how u spend your time...and what you do with the time you have....any of us could die any second....

sorry for mistakes....

guru ji kee fateh

157237[/snapback]

wow... thanks penji for your reply... that was a amazing way to put it... i guess i never thought of it like that... again thank ju so much!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Well you gotta think about what you are doing with that sangat. If you hang around people who believe in God, but never talk about God, then what difference is it as compared to one who doesn't believe in God?

Its true you gotta be close to those who will bring you closer to Sikhi, but if you're going to play pool, then unless you are going to do keertan on the pool table it really doesn't matter who you play with.

What you do have to avoid is where people are doing anti-sikh things, then you gotta be wary of the company you keep, as that can influence you.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

But don't you think that is sort of like brainwashing. Being told of who you can see and what things you can and can't be exposed to. I myself am an athiest, and I find that by being around a lot of different situations and all sorts of differernt people makes me think more and become more spiritual. Maybe not believeing in the God that people or society has made for us to believe, but I think that there is something out there. And I would rather find it out myself then be told who it is, and kept in a little box with so many restrictions.

mushabooom,

I think you're misinterpreting the message here.

The idea is not to close you off from the world...in fact sikhi is the opposite, embracing and encouraging people in all walks of life.

The idea here is how, and with who, you spend MOST of your time.

It's more of an encouragement than an abolition.

Because truthfully, your sangat (company) DOES affect your outlook on life, many people have experienced this personally, including me.

Example...our family is a very simple, just four of us at home, all amritdhari. several years ago, my cousin sister came from india and stayed with us for 4 years.

When she arrived, she was very short tempered, ate meat, not into religion at all. Now, several years later she's married, in her own home, has the most patience and does more paath than many people I know.

I have no doubt that the company of our family and the guidance of my father heavily influenced that. Even her husband, who used to cut his hair, has now stopped and begun wearing his turban again...

So the idea here is to encourage you to spend your time with people who's goals you can identify with and can help you on your spiritual journey through this life.

Regards

Gursharan

If you dont mind me saying Mushaboom, i dont think that was brain washing... coz i myself have also been in various cirumstances from hanging around wiv Christians, Muslims, Hindus and atheists etc... yes it made me think more etc but i still question things for myself but i have searched for the truth for myself... and i also tried to become a atheist at some point in my life during my journey to Sikhi- but then everything thats happened to me never made sense and neither did my life... and i have doubted Sikhi before becoming a true believer (not a strict Sikh but my belief in Sikhi is strong). and i dont think Sikhi restricts us anyway in a box... coz i can relate to about the company of the holy thing... coz of my own experience with hanging wiv the wrong crowd... and that sangat you hang around wiv does affect how you behave... i.e. its now considered normal to go out in clubs and night and girls wearing skirts and drinking shraab etc in Western society... and if your brought up in this society your gonna thing of it as normal but Indians parents... who hang with a total different sangat... would see this as disgusting etc... so the sangat does affect how you hang around wiv

Guest grandcannon

WJKK WJKF

Plus, how do you help people to turn towards sikhi if you cannot associate with them? I mean, I would of never found the Truth if there had not been sikhs who helped me when I didn't believe in anything.

Grandcannon