New Kirtan Maryada At Harmandir Sahib

rinku_sikh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

playing it correct is called "gurmat sangeet" if you ever hear it its sounds heavenly and youll know when you hear it. Rargi are always coming in Bradshaw and doing it in this manner.

Anyone can play how they want.its just not gurmat sangeet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing it correct is called "gurmat sangeet" if you ever hear it its sounds heavenly and youll know when you hear it. Rargi are always coming in Bradshaw and doing it in this manner.

Anyone can play how they want.its just not gurmat sangeet

whatever...

rolleyes.gif

You sound mad for not knowing very much. All you have to do is make effort to learn, and go learn.

Your the kind of kid who when they dont know something they try to disrupt the class. You can tell you havent been to college. :homer

post-5391-1149879485.jpg

Guest Singh_jee

mr pritam singh khalsa stop being so egotistical

we know u have done so much research and u love your gurmat sangeet right!

but raag is nt compulsory! dude i might not sound like it but i can argue with you all day about gurmat sangeet, raags, jori, tabla anything u want 2 do with the music side because i have been taught by many people but i dont go around puttin dwn people and tellin them to go do some heavy duty research...

Looks to me like you've just been listening to professor surinder singh matharu... thats a good thing but the guy has made a few things up i dont want to go into a long discussion about this because people have different beliefs! so its all cool...

mr pritam singh khalsa stop being so egotistical

we know u have done so much research and u love your gurmat sangeet right!

but raag is nt compulsory! dude i might not sound like it but i can argue with you all day about gurmat sangeet, raags, jori, tabla anything u want 2 do with the music side because i have been taught by many people but i dont go around puttin dwn people and tellin them to go do some heavy duty research...

Looks to me like you've just been listening to professor surinder singh matharu... thats a good thing but the guy has made a few things up i dont want to go into a long discussion about this because people have different beliefs! so its all cool...

I learn from Raj Academy and Im egoist from it. Or when people try to say things and are proved wrong they get mad .

I also learn Sitar from a lady. Is it enough to say "I dont know" but some kid who thinks he does says stuff that he hasnt learned fully.

I dont say I know everything. I say I know enough to debate with some kids about what they say or think.

I could debate all day about the same thing . Where would it take us? Lets start debating over anything then, Im in the mood to debate, so start one off.

People could play kirtan on uykalaylees and sing high pitched like an opera singer, I dont care, its their choice.

Learning stuff from 100 different places and compiling them in my brain is enough to not say anything to you because youve been to one site, or have a book with DVD.

post-5391-1149895487.jpg

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/index.php/2006/06...music/#comments

Listen to the mul mantar it sounds beautiful but it isnt Gurmat Sangeet, doesnt mean its bad or good.

I really like this but I would only listen to it not play it.

At this they would play this style and I would play traditional style and the sangat would benifit because they hear old and new

Guest Singh_jee

ok raj academy i do kno about them i am here in london when prof teaches and has lectures i do go to them... but he has arguements with many people...

he is not humble about the gift of music he wants to promote it... but he can do it in such a nice way... but he doesnt

over here we have a ragi called bhai amarjit singh right and he is not anti tanti saaj but when he sees profs students at a kirtan darbar where he is playing he puts them down...

there was a kirtan in a darbar in east london and prof had seen bhai amarjit singh do kirtan he used an electric keyboard... then prof done his keertan and prof 'dissd' the use of electronic keyboard... so the arguement started there...

now this is wherer it linkd with us... our jatha was not part of prof's raj academy jatha right and we were put down because we used tanti saaj and can not sing this was by bhai amarjit singh... and he said if u r going to use tanti saaj at least sing properly... now this was aimed at prof because his voice isn't to brilliant... our jatha was trained by namdharis properly so we were ready for any critisism... but he said it was better than what prof can do... im not gettin big headed by the way im just a jori player i dont sing LOL but this is my beef with prof he talks to much and then his students get in a pickle because of things he has said...

You sound mad for not knowing very much. All you have to do is make effort to learn, and go learn.

Your the kind of kid who when they dont know something they try to disrupt the class. You can tell you havent been to college. :homer

your right i don't know alot, and i will never know all there is about god, but everyone starts somewhere... you at one point did not a have a clue what sikhi is...

Anyways, i'm actually in college learing business admn, i'm doing fairly well :TH:

Lionchild: good then you are doing good for your education :TH: Now just do that with Sikhi :i:

Singh Ji: Namdharis know how to play very well. they know the importance of stringed inst.

I see your point with the keyboard thing. I think you can play it on a CD but not live at gurdwara.

I know what you mean with teachers that talk out their @$$ and do another. It just confuses us students wacko.gif

post-5391-1149952183_thumb.jpg