New Kirtan Maryada At Harmandir Sahib

rinku_sikh

like many, I started off liking non-raag kirtan, but as I am older now and at a different stage in life. I see more benefits and find more peace in kirtan done in raag. (I do not and will not take away from those people who do kirtan from their heart when it is non-raag.)

that was the whole point of non raag kirtan...

to make kirtan accessible to the less knowledgeable and draw them up to a level where they can appreciate raag.

so...well done my friend.

Some woman kirtani should just walk in and start doing kirtan.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like many, I started off liking non-raag kirtan, but as I am older now and at a different stage in life. I see more benefits and find more peace in kirtan done in raag. (I do not and will not take away from those people who do kirtan from their heart when it is non-raag.)

that was the whole point of non raag kirtan...

to make kirtan accessible to the less knowledgeable and draw them up to a level where they can appreciate raag.

so...well done my friend.

Some woman kirtani should just walk in and start doing kirtan.

157175[/snapback]

The pro male brigade would get their kachere in a twist and kick off. They are so thick that they would openly resort to violence which no one wants.

People like Dhuma of the DDT should start looking into what the likes of Mai Bhago Ji, Mata Sahib Kaur Ji did for the panth before he opens his big mouth. He should also start doing some exercise as he is getting fatter and fatter, he is developing the physique of a sumo wrestler.

krutas that is too jokez LOL.gifLOL.gif

allong with women doing kirtan at darbar sahib katha should be there also.... imagine if katha came on tv from darbar sahib you can understand so much... maybe they are afraid that no one will come to darbar sahib and matha taik there that is a question to be asked to them... but noo IT IS MARYADA!!!!!!! what maryada have they been using???? They say they use Guru arjun dev jees maryada.... kind of odd... during the time of guru arjun dev ji sahib was there ardas??? Was Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh said during guru arjun dev ji sahibs time?????? KICK THESE BHRAHMANS OUT OF OUR GURUGHARS AND GET SOME PEOPLE IN THERE WHO ACCTULY KNOW ABOUT SIKHI!!!!!!!!!!! Its unbelieveable that they say bibia cant do kirtan at darbar sahib... and yet sikhi is supposed to be based upon eqaulity... its a shame that katha is not done of shri guru granth sahib ji....

Fateh

allong with women doing kirtan at darbar sahib katha should be there also....

i was told bibiya did do keertan right until the mahants took over.

some say katha is more of a siphai thing

keertan a sant thing

therfore maharaj observed katha in akal takhat (the throne of the akal)

and keertan in darbar sahib

during the time of guru arjun dev ji sahib was there ardas???

there was.

its a shame that katha is not done of shri guru granth sahib ji....

it is done at the sri akal takhat sahib

Bhul Chukke Muaff

allong with women doing kirtan at darbar sahib katha should be there also....

i was told bibiya did do keertan right until the mahants took over.

some say katha is more of a siphai thing

keertan a sant thing

therfore maharaj observed katha in akal takhat (the throne of the akal)

and keertan in darbar sahib

during the time of guru arjun dev ji sahib was there ardas???

there was.

its a shame that katha is not done of shri guru granth sahib ji....

it is done at the sri akal takhat sahib

Bhul Chukke Muaff

157224[/snapback]

yea there was probably keertan done in the past before the mahants.... but what about now???? are we also become mahants???? before there was guru granth - guru panth maryada but now it is equavilant to bhramanvaad.... even though we have akal takht reyat maryada!!!!!!!!! which gives EQUALITY FOR SINGHS AND BIBIAN

also during guru arjun dev ji sahibs time what kind of ardas was it???? im sure it wasnt from chandi di vaar!!!!!

am talking about darbar sahib not akal takht..... i know a lot of people who have alpha and you can be one of those people... just think about having katha on tv???? do you think it is a bads thing kondola....

how is katha more of siphi thing that makes no sense????

you have to have great knowledge to do katha of gurbani!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Singh_jee

Its not a new keertan maryada! its years and years old just hasn't been done at harmander sahib in over 100 years!

Tanti Saaj keertan was the way and should be the way forward!

Vaja was a german invention and personally i don not beleev that it shud b in gurdwaras, because gurus gave us a much richer and passionate way of doing keertan, with saaj...

Also Gurbani is written in raag!

what do you think Dhanasari mehala panjma means?

Dhanasari= the raag dhanasari

Mehala= Guru

Panjma= 5th

Sorry if i have said anything wrong! FATEH