Akj Styke Kirtan..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fateh ji..

well as far as simran of gurmantar or mool matar....it can be done anyway..

coming to shabads..they MUST..i repeat MUST be done only in the raag mentioned on the title..

why so there are numerous articles on my blog under the section of Gurmat sangeet (www.singhangad.blogspot.com)..raag is not an option it is a hukam..please also go to www.rajacademy.com and listen to the 3 online lectures..

now wht instruments you use and what speeds you use are your business..the guru sahib said for eg..

Asa Melha 5 ghar 2 chaupede ( he nvr said dilruba or tuaus or saranda)..the use of these instruments is basically more to preserve our sikh culture and to maintain the kirtan how it was done..with waja the problem it that it cannot play certian raags mentioned in the gurugranth sahib ji..so effectively you cannot sing those shabads then..

rememeber title raag kirtan in not indian classical music where all u hear is..AAAAAaaaaaaaaaa...OOOOOoooooohhhhhhh and all that..that is indian classical..not gurbani kirtan

fateh!

i think akjs kirtans ok... altho in some of the programmes when they go fast with the simran, some of the people, esp the youth... start making weird noises rather than saying Waheguru. i think they should try and stick to saying Waheguru.

veerji..fateh

kirtan is singing the guru's bani..so its to be done how the guru wants it done..not about what you think what i think..or what abc thinks..is ok..

i really recommend you listen to the lectures and read the articles on my post..

as for ajk style..well u can use a simple kehrva taal..and all but it must be sung in the title raag..if u use cheney or do it real loud or real fast does not matter..

remember its the guru's bani..so its shd be done with guru ji's mat not mine/your/abc's mat

bhuk chuk di khima karna..m only a child of the almighty..

angad singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am glad you did download and listen to the shabads sung in Basant Raag.

I upload most of the shabads I have at www.akji.org/singhangad

here there is a folder called DrGurnamSingh I recommend you donwload all the 10 files there and listen to them in order..the 10 files in all have 62 shabads of the different raags of the SGGS in the order of the Raag Structure..

On my blog I tend to explain things as well so do keep reading..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!