Music

mushabooom

Guest lowest of the low singhni
Regardless if a song has good or clean meanings is not the point.  Why listen to anything other than Gurbani?  If you are a Sikh then why listen to American music which has good meanings?  The bottom line in a Sikh's life is Gurbani.  All the good meaning and messages that people are looking for in non-Gurbani is useless.  Gurbani can give you soo much meaning and stuff that can change your life why the need to get good meanings out of songs?  We try to fill the void in our lives with what the world says is the way to be happy dancing, singing, have certain fashions, and so on..  All we need is Guru Sahib, be it through doing Paat or Singing through kirtan, that's all the meaning you need.  If you feel that you can't get everything from Guru Sahib and there is a need to listen to black eyed peas for meaning then do as you wish, but it will be a waste. 

For those of you in this thread that are not really into kirtan or have doubts listen to the track I posted in my other post in this thread.  See if you feel anything:).

Galteea Maaf Karnee Jeeo

159715[/snapback]

And again... isnt that just another form of brainwashing? I dunno, it might not be, but blocking out media forms which enable you to think another way so that you will be focused only on another form sound kind of like it.

159909[/snapback]

:cool: if we're getting brainwashed by listening to kirtan, who's complaining lol? sounds like you think being 'brainwashed' by Maharaj's words is a bad thing... if my brain was washed by His words then i'd be *h-a-p-p-y* :wub:

listen to other music forms if you want, but we're so lucky that Maharaj gave us the option of being brainwashed by listening to kirtan .. we might as well take it :@ it would be a good step towards becoming imbued with Him.

~l~

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it wrong to listen to music?

I'm not talking about R&B, and rap...where the only message that comes from that is the same repetitive nonsense. Some people might have thier defence though. The beats are sick.. :wub: @ uh...I'm getting off track. Anyways, is it wrong to listen to actual real music? Like maybe radiohead. A wicked amazing band that really kind of forces me to think and look at things from a tooooootally different view point. Can I still listen to radiohead?

159442[/snapback]

Whatever Helps you reach the ultimate goal! Union of your soul with Akaal Purakh.

May I suggest Gurbani Kirtan instead of RadioHead???

Humble apologies in Advance If I have offended in any way - it is SINCERELY not my intention.

GuruFateh Ji!

Is it wrong to listen to music?

I'm not talking about R&B, and rap...where the only message that comes from that is the same repetitive nonsense. Some people might have thier defence though. The beats are sick.. :@ @ uh...I'm getting off track. Anyways, is it wrong to listen to actual real music? Like maybe radiohead. A wicked amazing band that really kind of forces me to think and look at things from a tooooootally different view point. Can I still listen to radiohead?

159442[/snapback]

Whatever Helps you reach the ultimate goal! Union of your soul with Akaal Purakh.

May I suggest Gurbani Kirtan instead of RadioHead???

Humble apologies in Advance If I have offended in any way - it is SINCERELY not my intention.

GuruFateh Ji!

159919[/snapback]

GurFateh...

wow veer ji...you nailed it :TH: :wub:

And again... isnt that just another form of brainwashing? I dunno, it might not be, but blocking out media forms which enable you to think another way so that you will be focused only on another form sound kind of like it.

159909[/snapback]

When we think we know how everything should be, we are Self-willed. If we go with what Guru Sahib wants then we are on the right path. If you turn to the world for guidance you will hurt only yourself. A Sikh's thinking should ONLY BE as dictated by Guru Sahib. Guru Sahib talks to use through their bani. If you want to talk to Guru Nanak Dev Ji or Guru Gobind Singh Ji, read Gurbani.

Again, I know nothing, I'm not anything, I'm just babbling, if I have made any mistakes, please forgive me.