Sangato This Cant Be Right Can It?

DhadiMania

taken from sher_punjabis blogspot

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/2006/04/i-...parents_11.html

then i heard the story of bhai dya singh who had his head chopped off for not obeying rehit ....

can anyone give me more on this, this is the first time i ever heard of this.

are we talking about THEE Bhai Daya Singh Ji (the head of the first panj pyare and also wrote maryadai)

this is actually the first time i heard this, i thought bhai daya singh ji attained shaheedi at chamkaur sahib?

Bhul Chukke Muaff

Bhaji, If you keep on reading te responses, Bhai Manvir Singh Ji responds to that statement -

Ps. Bhai Dya Singh Ji (one of the original Panj Piaare) was not cut up for disobeying Rehit, nor do I know of him disobeying Rehit.

As Bhaji mentions, as far as I'm aware there is no truth whatsoever in Bhai Daya Singh Ji's head being chopped off for not obeying Rehit. That is not according to the way of the Guru, of severing heads of those who don't follow Sikhi.

The only time Bhai Daya Singh Ji had his head chopped of was during Vaisakhi 1699.

I myself was BAFFLED reading the comment on my blog. Most likely that someone with little knowledge of Sikh history said that to the veerji who made the comment.

Bhai Dya Singh Ji was committed to Rehit and hence did Sewa of Panj and hence was part of Panj when they did Hukam to Guru Sahib to leave Chamkaur Sahib Fort.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Ps. some deep replies on my blog regarding people wanting to take Amrit but issues with parents. (You can read the article and comments here). Please can all Sangat do Ardaas for these brothers and sisters. Thanks.