3 Crore For Live Telecast Kirtan

WJKK

WJKF

CAN ANYBODY THINK THE LIMIT OF SURPRIZE??????

I COME TO KNOW DAT THE SGPC TAKE 3 CRORE RUPEES FROM ETC CHANNEL PUNJABI TO ALLOW THEN TO TELECAST KIRTAN PROGRAMME TO ALL OVER THE WORLD.

ITS VERY BAD THING.

SO CHEAP OF SGPC.

THERE IS NOT A COPRATE OF A SINGELE RUPEE TO ETC CHANNEL WHICH IS DOING ALOT FOR THE PARCHAR OF SIKHI AND TELECAST LIVE KIRTAN FROM SRI DARBAR SAHIB, BUT THEY HAVE TO PAY SGPC 3 CRORE RUPEES EVERY YEAR.

WHO THING THAT AN ACTION SHUD BE TAKEN ON THIS MATTER.

I THING INSTEAD OF TAKING MONEY, SGPC SHUD GINE MONEY TO ETC COZ ETC IS DOING ALOT FOR SIKH COMMUNITY.

ITS THE WORST NEWS I EVER HEARED.

veerji

could you please provide concrete proof for what you are saying cause this is a serious and huge thing to say about the SGPC..

if this is what you have heard from people ..i suggest you wait till you have concrete proof cause if this is not true..for such slander you can be summoned to the akal thakt..if not u can surely be taken to court for defamation..

fateh!

Well I think there s definitely something fishy in ETC-SGPC deal. This is bcoz SGPC was to launch its own TV Channel several years back which has not yet been launched.

secondly, ETC was to launch ETC-Khalsa which also has not yet been launched for several years

What ETC gets by paying so much amount??

ETC gets carried on prime band by most Cable operators bcoz of Live Gurbani Broadcast

So ETC earns from other cheapo Punjabi Bhangra and dance programs but to get a Prime Slot, it carries Live Gurbani .....so broadcasting Live from Amritsar is just another marketing trick by ETC.....and since they are able to earn ....they pay SGPC so that SGPC keeps the Rights of Gurbani Telecast With ETC and does not launch its own channel......neither is ETC interetsted in Launching its own pure Gurbani Channel.....bcoz then ETC Punjabi would lose its foothold in most cable homes in India.....

veerji

could you please provide concrete proof for what you are saying cause this is a serious and huge thing to say about the SGPC..

if this is what you have heard from people ..i suggest you wait till you have concrete proof cause if this is not true..for such slander you can be summoned to the akal thakt..if not u can surely be taken to court for defamation..

fateh!

160795[/snapback]

Knight Singh Ji.

Dont worry about slander and being summoned to the Akal Takht. You have more chance of being eatan alive by hedgehogs whilst reading this post than being summoned to the Akal Takht. Vedanti has failed to summon those guilty of beadbi and himself has attended weddings at marriage palaces, so he has no leg to stand on when it comes to summoning anyone.

As for the contract, it does exist although the sums involved are slightly lower. The money apparently goes into the education fund. No doubt this is some sort of kitty for the SGPC langoors to buy fancy barfi and to fund their sharab and drug (feem, bhuki, jarda) distribution network during SGPC elections.

Remember one of the demands during the 1980s by the Akali Dal for more radio broadcasting. Well the technology now exists for internet and satellite broadcasting but as it will cost money (which can be used for nasha pani) the SGPC do not raise the demand anymore. Recently FM broadcasting licenses have been sold in towns and cities across India. The SGPC could have easily won all of these (some went for as low as 50 to 60lakh) and broadcast as much Gurbani as they want......BUT if they do this and the masses start to listen it may take people onto the path of Sikhi and that is a big no no for the SGPC as it would mean some of their members who like to sell drugs would lose money.

http://www.domain-b.com/marketing/media/20...ve_gurubani.htm

Live gurbani on your TV screens...in some months

Alok Agarwal

26 September 2000

Live gurbani, straight from the Golden Temple? Well, not yet! Followers of the Sikhism faith, keen to see the rendition of the sacred verses from the Guru Granth, their holy verse, on their television screens, will have to wait for some more months.

Speaking exclusively to domain-B, Mr. Yogesh Shah, director ETC Networks Ltd, which won the mandate from the authorities at the Golden Temple for a live telecast of the gurbani, said "We are in the process of putting in place a digital uplink station in the premises of the Golden Temple, and this is likely to be completed in the next three to four months." However till then viewers can get get the recorded version of gurbani from the Golden Temple on two channels of the company, ETC as well as ETC Punjabi.

ETC Punjabi, the Punjabi entertainment channel owned by ETC Networks Ltd., recently bagged the exclusive rights for beaming the gurbani kirtan live from the Golden Temple, for a period of eleven years. This mandate was won by it in the face of stiff competition from rival channels like Alpha Punjabi, Tara Punjabi and Lashkara. An agreement to this effect was signed about three weeks back between Mr. Jagjit Singh Kohli, director ETC Networks Ltd. and Bibi Jagir Kaur, president Shiromani Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee, the controlling authority of the Golden Temple.

In lieu of these rights, ETC will pay a one time charge of Rs 2.01 crore. Further, from April 2001 it will pay an annual sum of Rs 51 lakh coupled with 10 per cent of its gross advertisement revenue collected just before and after (depending on normal advertisement norms) the gurbani program. All payments will be made into the "education fund " of the SGPC.

Live gurbani from Golden Temple, Amritsar, was being beamed live till January 2000 by North India Television Company Pvt. Ltd. under a contract with the SGPC. However beaming stopped after January 2000 due to some financial and technical problems. The rights were then passed on to ETC Networks Ltd. by the company. However ETC later approached SGPC to assign them the official rights directly on a long term basis. In the bidding process that followed, representatives of participating companies were called individually and interviewed by SGPC officials.

Commenting on the development Mr. Jagjit Singh Kohli, promoter director of ETC Networks Ltd. said, "The channel is dedicated towards promotion of cultural, religious and ethnic beliefs. Besides instilling social values, ETC Networks is also committed to society for it’s educational upgradation. This association with SGPC is a step in that direction."

KNIGHT SINGH JI

I M NOT A FOOL.

THIS IS A TRUE INFORMATION.

HOWEVER IT IS NOT KNOW TO ALL OR ORDINARY PEOPLE.

SGPC ALREADY HAD SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MONEY WHICH CUD NEVER B EMPTY.

STILL THEY DONT FEEL GUILTY TAKING MONEY FROM ETC WHICH HAS PROVED IT SELF BETTER THAN SGPC.

I HAVE VERY GOOD LINKS WITH ALL THE HAZOORI RAAGIS OF DARBAR SAHIB.

AND ONE OF THEM HAS SHARED THIS WITH ME.

U CAN ALSO READ THE NEWS FROM THE ABOVE LINK GIVEN BY ''KURTAS''

IF NOW U ALSO HAVE SOME DOUBT THEN TELL WHAT SHUD I DO FOR U?

God knows wat is the Truth Im n in conact with ny people and all I know is that I enjoy watching the Gurbani and the Prgrammed Follwing that in the Morning and I really Thank ETC punjabi for taking such an Initiative...whether its Money game or nything...ANYways if this is true then it is really BAD

The problem is SGPC are not accountable to any independant body. The only way corruption can be tackled is if SGPC produce annual reports showing where every rupee was spent, to an independant body which would report back to Akal Takht. To avoid tampering And to satisfy everyone in sangat the report is made available to prominant Sikh parcharak and political organistions such as DDT, SAD, DLI etc....

The problem is SGPC are not accountable to any independant body. The only way corruption can be tackled is if SGPC produce annual reports showing where every rupee was spent, to an independant body which would report back to Akal Takht. To avoid tampering And to satisfy everyone in sangat the report is made available to prominant Sikh parcharak and political organistions such as DDT, SAD, DLI etc....

161724[/snapback]

I have the accounts and have copied them below.

(all in crore INR)

Offerings (Charawa+interest+farm income) 284-00

Outgoings

Dharam Parchar 0

Relief for 84 victims 0

Special SGPC kaan peen (chaa paani) fund 200.00

Daswandh for Dhan Baba Badal Sahib 28.40

Barfi for jathedars office 1.60

Sharaab for SGPC elections 5.00

Feem for SGPC elections 1.00

Petrol for dharam parchar cars to attend social events 10.00

Special holidays for SGPC members 14.00