Inspiration

Guest ...

it is a cycle, just as the dry season and the rainy season. Sometimes we are drenched in spirituality and sometimes we are left hanging think what the heck happened. Such ups and downs are necessary as they give us refrence points to contemplate on what we have experienced, to appreciate what we had that we lost. As the two blades on a fan spin we can differentiate between the two but as our Saadhna, Dhyaan, Love, Devotion, Trust increases the faster they spin and soon it will become simply one big circle without differentiation of the 2 blades and the Wind of his Ananda is felt once more. A most beautiful way to keep these 2 blades moving or keep inspiration flowing is SANGAT....surround yourself with uplifting individuals. They can be anyone.

Inspiration depends on your thirst, your vivaykness. One can be inspired from nature, through silence, through words, through observing, through Self-Inquiry, through contemplation on ones self. What or Who am I? Who or What am I Seeking? Am I Content with what I have in this world? If not then what is slowing me down from attaining that which i seek? What exactly do i need to do? Do i really want to head into this direciton of being Spiritual or Religious? Questioning ones own self is a great way to first break throught this 'down time'. When this crack appears, inspiration will automatically flow in as a rush of fresh air. We create a bubble around us that deprives us from the divinity around us. The question is why is this bubble created? Why did we loosen our grip on the Grace that was being bestowed?

One thing we must realize and keep in our rememberance is that it is not Grace that has stopped flowing, rather it is our begging bowl which is either upside down or has holes in it.

God is like the Father that gave us a new bike, in the beginning he taught us how to ride it and then gave us a great push in our saadhna. We enjoyed that ride as long as the momentum from the push was with us...once the bike started to slow down or came to a stop we look back and find no one there. Now it is not so that he left us, rather it is now that He wants us to start peddling. The beautiful part of this whole thing is that He has made you capable of peddling. He knew your legs would be able to reach the peddles, he did not leave you shorthanded. He did not bring you to this path without giving you the necessary tools to walk on this journey.

Let us inspire each other and walk together on this path.

Waheguru

Guest Advice

Spirituality in Sikhism is not just about Keertan. The most important part is Naam Simran and this should happen throughout the day and especially at Amritvela. You have to start by putting the effort in to wake up at Amritvela and do your Simran and Nitnem and keep this routine of Naam Bani going throughout the day. This is how Gursikhs have told me that you will start to see completely new levels to Gurbani and Naam, and that is what Sikh Spirituality is about. Pheena Ji has just written an excellent post, I would just like to build on that, that if you want to experience true spirituality you have to be strict with your Amritvela. If you are not Amritdhari, or if you are Amritdhari but did not receive Naam, you should go to the Panj Pyare to receive Amrit and Naam so that your path in Sikhi can begin.

Guest Guest

recently,iv been so lack in spirituality..i need inspiration,i lisen to keertan.etc..still nt feeling much..

help?

Check out he Youth ofthe month for this month and previous ones too... great inspiration.

maybe you need something called seva :e:

whenever you get time do seva .. you can do it at gurdwara .. jorai di seva .. washing dishes.. sweeping floors.. kirtan seva .. guru jis seva .. etx..

another most effective is whenever there are local sikhi events in your area .. get involved wit them and ask for seva.. there is always tons to be done in those events and if you get involved it mite help you and give you a jump :lol:

talk to elder gursikhs .. talk about sikhi .. about everyday life .. if not with gursikhs .. talk wit parents.. theres always a good hot debate that is ready to just start up and if your strong in sikhi you maybe able to help yourself grow and apply that knowledge to others.. the best seva you can do can start at home .. enough has to be brought back wit our own family where they (and even us) are loosing touch in how sikhi use to be and how it should be .. challo guru kirpa ..

so ji get involved in seva .. then theres naam simran that veerjis talkin about .. kirtan .. paaht .. even listening to others ..have all worked for myself.. gluck ji :@