Abuse Of Gurdwara Property!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

The State of UK Gurdwaras continues to demise, read below:

>Subject: alleged goings on at the Ramgharia Centre Slough last Friday

>Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:13:11 +0100 (BST)

>

>do this think this is ok to send onto sloughsikhs?

>

>-------------------------------

>

>All,

>

>Can anybody shed any light on what happened at the Ramgharia "Educational"

>Centre last Friday night?

>

>I was walking home at about 7pm when I saw a large gathering of teenagers

>(13/14 yrs upwards) dressed up, hanging around outside, and bouncers at the

>door. Of course the centre regularly is the venue for parties. What was

>unusual here was the lack of any group ups (the bouncers too looked in

>their late teens/early twenties).

>

>What occurred later was reported to me by several local residents: groups

>of young (presumably Sikh, but possibly muslim/hindu too) boys and girls

>standing outside the REC smoking and drinking, and walking up to the local

>off-license further up Woodland Avenue.

>

>Apparenlty, the event broke up early because "there were too many fights".

>At the reported £25 per head, I guess people wanted to get their money's

>worth.

>

>It could be said that the Slough Ramgharia committee were unaware of the

>nature of this booking. This possibility is diminished by the fact that one

>of their paid workers was seen holding the door open for entrants!

>

>However, it would still be good to get a clarification, if somebody is able

>to put the record straight...

>

>This is the same organisation which last year presided over a fake wedding

>(for a dodgy Bollywood film with Aishwariya Rai) in the main diwaan hall.

>Also, just recently, there was open praise of a living "SatGuru" by

>namdhari's in the diwaan hall, with no objection from any committee

>members.

>

>Is the current committee resolved to try to break every Sikh tabboo? Were

>these isolated incidents, or reflective of the ideology and priorities of

>the current management?

>

>The sangat (of every caste, if such a thing can be applied to the term)

>deserves an answer.

This is blatant abuse of Guruji that happens every weekend. We have to do something about these Gurdwaras.

You know what, this is exactly what I'd expect from a "ramgharia" committee, but then again the way things are going this does not surprise me one bit.

It was only a matter of time before the CLUB scene would hit these Gurdwara Committe run Community Halls.

Another embarrasing committee!!!

I agree with Gursa.

These community centres should be used for education and helping to improve the skills of our people. Instead the main emphasis is to get as many parties booked.

The day is not far where something seriously bad will happen at one of these Community Centres. Perhaps then these prabandakhs will have a rethink.

There is a Gurdwara in Birmingham where the committee have set up one of these party halls in the name of "Maharaja" Jassa Singh Ramgharia. Do they honestly think that Jassa Singh would have approved. From what I have read he followed the path of Sikhi. These Ramgharia committee wale have hijacked his name to front their dirty places of vice, drink, & drugs.

Guest militant singh

You know what, this is exactly what I'd expect from a "ramgharia" committee, but then again the way things are going this does not surprise me one bit.

It was only a matter of time before the CLUB scene would hit these Gurdwara Committe run Community Halls.

LOL RAMGHARIAS A JOKE lol jus like the 1 in southall they never have any 1 looking after guru ji or praying they jus stick a tape on secondly they eat on tables and chairs wid shoes ,used 2 give parshad out wid an ic cream scoop fing but stopped after complaints ,and they have a pic of sum nex vishkarama geezer which i do not like .....They naem gurdwaras on castes do weird fings dey jsu a joke

LOL RAMGHARIAS A JOKE lol jus like the 1 in southall they never have any 1 looking after guru ji or praying they jus stick a tape on secondly they eat on tables and chairs wid shoes ,used 2 give parshad out wid an ic cream scoop fing but stopped after complaints ,and they have a pic of sum nex vishkarama geezer which i do not like .....They naem gurdwaras on castes do weird fings dey jsu a joke

If what you saying is right then these rami's sound like right idiots wacko.gif

Guest Glasgow Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!!

With all due respect piyaray cyber sangat, i think we are looking at this problem in the wrong way. Two wrongs do not make a right, if they believe they are "ramgharias" then let them, thats their prerogative. What we oughtn't do is see them as "ramgharias", if they have not been so blessed by GuruMaharaj to see that they are not any different from other sikhs, thats a shame for them! Count yourself lucky that the merciful master has allowed us to see it is not correct.

Anyways, sorry if im lecturing anyone, because i am a nothing.

my next point is that of the sangat that attend these Guru Ghurs, we should not make broad sweeping generalisiations. I realise that you may have seen alot of bad things by persons claiming to be "ramgharias", but this is not an excuse to start judging people (leave that to Dharam Rai!!) nor is it an excuse to bad mouth many people, due to the incorrect actions of but a few...

I DO agree, when people are wrong, we stand up - we fight, we take the sword. But, remember, compassion (ie love for all of God's creation and limitless workings) is what sets a Gursikh on a different level from normal warriors!!

If ive written anything that has in a ny way offended or hurt anyone, please accept my humblest apologies, and kindly show me my mistakes!

Daasan Daas

Singh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!!

These accusations are very valid and should be investigated further and stopped - what I find hilarious is the manner in which this one instance has provoked a stride of anti-Ramgarhia comments, whereas not once was a single anti-Singh Sabha comment or anti-bhatra comment made when in the majority of recent cases involving the Singhs from R4SGGSJ campaign have concerned the latter (Singh Sabhas in the main), not only this but also the instances of belly dancing concerned the same group of Gurdwaras, as did the weekly violence over communal affairs, as did the on public TV violence concering tables and chairs, as did the actually abuse of an old lady in Gravesend and the list is endless, despite the accused in the later instances all bearing visible Jatt surnames, not once have we seen a backlash saying these damn jatts sound like idiots, or these Singh Sabhias are a disgrace to the Singh Sabha movement – why, I would hope because we can see beyond that and look to address the problem and not discredit the whole movement or community, however I think would be kidding myself, the truth is the majority of the posters above are themselves from such backgrounds and will never speak ill of their perceived brethren, however with the Ramgarhia case, let’s trash the entire community over one or two instances (some of which have even been remedied as per one post above)…singh sahib is right, let’s get to the root of the problem and not get side tracked with our personal vendettas.