Do Sikhs Have The Right To Self Determination?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Read this; basically Sikhs should be good boys, accept all attrocites by GOI and smile

Lord Nazir Ahmed

Chair

Parliamentarians for National Self-determination

House of Lords

London

SW1A OAA

4th May 2006.

Dear Lord Nazir.

I was deeply distressed to see your letter in support of a Sikh group advocating self determination / independence for the Sikhs. We must always condemn human rights abuses wherever they take place regardless, but we should never encourage the break up of any country. Surely, a cure is better than surgery, don’t you agree?

Please find enclosed a book on the life of my father, Shaheed Sardar Nanak Singh www.shaheednanaksingh.com who was martyred the day after he delivered a passionate speech on the 4th March 1947 in front of a huge gathering in Multan ( now Pakistan) along with Dr. Saifudin Kichlew, the all India Congress President. He stressed the need of gaining Independence as a united country and urged Mohammad Jinah not to keep Muslims in separate corners of India as they belonged to the whole nation. He also warned that by keeping them in isolation, it would make them intolerant and hostile to other religions and cultures. He pleaded that after independence India would be secular and democratic with one person one vote. As a result, Muslims would get proper representation in Central as well as local Government. He warned that if we went our own separate way, we would never experience peace and would be ruled by foreign powers. Sadly the very next day he was killed by religious fanatics while trying to save the lives of 600 innocent students of DAV College who were taking out a peaceful procession against the partition of India.

Similarly, I urge you not to support another division of India to help history repeat itself. The people have already suffered enough. Can you imagine what another break up of India will entail for the peace and stability there? We got independence in 1947 and till today we are being ruled and controlled by super powers. Please ask why? United we stand and divided we fall. I am afraid we have fallen and have failed our people miserably for the sake gains for a few. You will agree that when ever there is a smash and grab in any country a few benefit but the majority always suffers.

I would also like to urge all those Sikhs who wish to keep us out of India that they will damage our cause for their own personal gains forever. Sikhs belong to the whole of India, the world and not just in a corner of India. By keeping Sikhs separate and isolated they are going against the philosophy of our Gurus. The brotherhood of The Khalsa was created to defend the basic human rights of every Indian, regardless of religion and not to break up our motherland. Should we follow the teachings of our Gurus or should be follow the doctrine of self proclaimed leaders who use religion to further their own personal agendas. Our Gurus never asked for a separate Sikh homeland so why should some of his followers demand a kingdom for themselves. Are they greater visionaries than our Gurus?

Finally, I urge you to show judgement which does not haunt people after you have gone. You should use your good offices in working toward creating a system like the EU so that the threat of war can be eliminated from the Sub Continent for ever. We must copy what we want to be. It is as simple as that. Do we copy the history of India and Pakistan or do we copy the achievements of EU for its people?

Yours sincerely

Dr. Rami Ranger MBE, FRSA

Cc – The MP’s and Lords

Mr Ranjit Singh, Secretary PNSD

Also the Sikh community at large

Please copy your replies to rami@sunoil.co.uk

Rami Ranger's no one special. He's some mona/Hindu guy of Sikh parentage who ives in "Cuckoo Hindustani ZeeTv Businessman" land. Sometimes he's Rami Ranger sometimes he calls himself Raminder Singh. He can't even grow his kes, so what does his opinion mean. He put a posting on the yahoo egroups saying that people who take amrit are not progressive.

Anyways, worth writing to him just to put him in his place!

Can you imagine what another break up of India will entail for the peace and stability there? We got independence in 1947 and till today we are being ruled and controlled by super powers. Please ask why

So what difference will it make if Sikhs DO have thier own country? grin.gif the "damage" is already done..

Our Gurus never asked for a separate Sikh homeland so why should some of his followers demand a kingdom for themselves.

raaj bina nahi dharam challe hai

Can you imagine what another break up of India will entail for the peace and stability there?
Yup, sooo stable that ppl are living on bribery. Theres always peace in the Punjab Police station, where Sikhs get arrested for no reason; Tortured. Its all peaceful as long as you keep your door shut and stay in your office, with fingers in your ears.

Or the peaceful look of the dead farmers, who hanged themselves to death because they were ripped off by "(step-)mother india". Ofcourse thats peaceful, no screams/cries. No-one speaks. Just death.

I dont understand, what kind of peace and stability is this maniac on about?

Do we copy the history of India and Pakistan or do we copy the achievements of EU for its people?
He seems to choose neither; Copying the past destruction of india. How about a copy of 84? What has the EU got to do with this?
Should we follow the teachings of our Gurus
lol hes monna enuf said

Guest militant singh

Read this; basically Sikhs should be good boys, accept all attrocites by GOI and smile

Lord Nazir Ahmed

Chair

Parliamentarians for National Self-determination

House of Lords

London

SW1A OAA

4th May 2006.

Dear Lord Nazir.

I was deeply distressed to see your letter in support of a Sikh group advocating self determination / independence for the Sikhs. We must always condemn human rights abuses wherever they take place regardless, but we should never encourage the break up of any country. Surely, a cure is better than surgery, don’t you agree?

Please find enclosed a book on the life of my father, Shaheed Sardar Nanak Singh www.shaheednanaksingh.com who was martyred the day after he delivered a passionate speech on the 4th March 1947 in front of a huge gathering in Multan ( now Pakistan) along with Dr. Saifudin Kichlew, the all India Congress President. He stressed the need of gaining Independence as a united country and urged Mohammad Jinah not to keep Muslims in separate corners of India as they belonged to the whole nation. He also warned that by keeping them in isolation, it would make them intolerant and hostile to other religions and cultures. He pleaded that after independence India would be secular and democratic with one person one vote. As a result, Muslims would get proper representation in Central as well as local Government. He warned that if we went our own separate way, we would never experience peace and would be ruled by foreign powers. Sadly the very next day he was killed by religious fanatics while trying to save the lives of 600 innocent students of DAV College who were taking out a peaceful procession against the partition of India.

Similarly, I urge you not to support another division of India to help history repeat itself. The people have already suffered enough. Can you imagine what another break up of India will entail for the peace and stability there? We got independence in 1947 and till today we are being ruled and controlled by super powers. Please ask why? United we stand and divided we fall. I am afraid we have fallen and have failed our people miserably for the sake gains for a few. You will agree that when ever there is a smash and grab in any country a few benefit but the majority always suffers.

I would also like to urge all those Sikhs who wish to keep us out of India that they will damage our cause for their own personal gains forever. Sikhs belong to the whole of India, the world and not just in a corner of India. By keeping Sikhs separate and isolated they are going against the philosophy of our Gurus. The brotherhood of The Khalsa was created to defend the basic human rights of every Indian, regardless of religion and not to break up our motherland. Should we follow the teachings of our Gurus or should be follow the doctrine of self proclaimed leaders who use religion to further their own personal agendas. Our Gurus never asked for a separate Sikh homeland so why should some of his followers demand a kingdom for themselves. Are they greater visionaries than our Gurus?

Finally, I urge you to show judgement which does not haunt people after you have gone. You should use your good offices in working toward creating a system like the EU so that the threat of war can be eliminated from the Sub Continent for ever. We must copy what we want to be. It is as simple as that. Do we copy the history of India and Pakistan or do we copy the achievements of EU for its people?

Yours sincerely

Dr. Rami Ranger MBE, FRSA

Cc – The MP’s and Lords

Mr Ranjit Singh, Secretary PNSD

Also the Sikh community at large

Please copy your replies to rami@sunoil.co.uk

Who the hell is this hinduistic bramin influenced no gd 4 nuffin cat tell him 2 have a debate with me ill set him staright

Rami Ranger......He did a dinner n dance to raise money for the Slough Sikh School....Good Food and good wine......apparently raised £60Grand for the school by filling the bellys of people with kebabs and wine...wow.....what a gurmat activity! Why does he think he is a sikh scholar? He's some kind of president of a UK Hindu Society.... so how come he thinks he's Sikh too....

He is a time waster, had a running with him once. He reckons keeping kes is a sign of being backwards!!! He's one of those annoying uncles that thinks that Sikhi is all in the clean heart..

He is a time waster, had a running with him once. He reckons keeping kes is a sign of being backwards!!! He's one of those annoying uncles that thinks that Sikhi is all in the clean heart..

Yes and can be found in the Pubs and kebab houses......It's where they reside anyway!

Yes and can be found in the Pubs and kebab houses......It's where they reside anyway!

you should know tongue.gif

LOL.gif

Are you insinuating i hang about in pubs and clubs?? I'll have you know i have my own bar, in my dera Thankyou very much!!