Which Gurudwara Is Good/bad And Why

raju123

r u aware that the majority of the singh sabha gurdwara comittee(all the elders) are not in support of slough sikh school?

instead they are building a"recreatation centre" where people can rent it out to have parties serving meat and alcohol.

wouldn't this money be better placed going to the slough sikh trust

the other local gurdwara already has a "rec centre"

do u know that the former president of singh sabha gurdwara comittee (Ajit Singh Purewal) approched the police last year at nagar kirtan and asked if they could stop ppl collecting money for the school

they also ripped up and broke the signs before and after it

this year they approached the other local gurdwara and told them that they must support each other, so this year they are not allowing anyone to collect money

we need people like Hari Singh Sewak in the committee who truly have a passion for sikhi and want to lead our youth on the right path

when they won the gurdwara committee elections last year instead of thanking guru ji they went down a pub and got drunk and even drank alcohol in the alleyway of the gurdwara

mr sewak was headteacher of sunday panjabi school for over 25 years and resigned in protest against the building of the "recreation centre" and saying that the money would be better placed funding a sikh school in slough

isn't it shameful that hardly any1 stood with him against this issue more than 3 years ago

it seems to me that the majority of our community are too infatuated with maya to care about our youth- they all want flashy cars and big houses

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

i just breifly wanted to respond to the msg by suman. Before I write anything I just want to say that what I have heard has obviously come from the committee or affiliated peoples point of view and will be undoubtedly biased just as the views posted above are. So take them with a pinch of salt...

Regarding the school issue, I have been told that both gurdvare in slough are willing to support the school... especially singh sabha. They have even set money aside for the school project, apparently. However, they are unwilling to hand over the money due to the following reasons:

1) The current project leaders are unwilling to have representatives on the board(directors or wateva) from the gurdwara's. Singh sabha wants to be involved as an institution within the school since it believes that if any shortfalls financially or otherwise come about, the gurdwara will have the resources to take care of it which includes the support that could be received from sgpc....

Without this involvement, the school will be a private project and on the heads of particular people...

2) The gurdwara, and rightly so in my opinion, is concerned that whilst the project remains 'private' the group concerned want to incorporate another gurdwara within the school. Those spear heading the project are largely affiliated with a particular group... but know names need to be mentioned.

3) The project is for the community so surely the gurdvare should be involved.

Hopefully, i have explained the 'other side of the story'. Regarding the money collection at the Nagar Keertan... both years they have had floats and been collecting money... i saw the van this year and last year... they also have loud speakers to let the sangat know everything as well..... so whether some individuals have tried to stop that is a different matter, as far as i knnow they have had, with no problems, the opportunity to collect money for the project at Nagar Keertans. There are 'bad apples' on both sides... hopefully they will be able to resolve the matter by sitting down and discussing the issues rather than shouting and arguing at each other.......

As it has been said singh sabha slough have also been granted permission to build sports facilities etc.... AT THE MOMENT there is no truth in that there will be party's and stuff happening in that place... however, I am fully aware that it is a risk.... as far as i am concerned there will be a hall for footy (which later people will prob wana try use for party's) tennis courts, cricket pitches etc.... If there comes a time that the committee say they will allow party's, I know that there are some singhs (unfortunatley they are prob minority) within the committee that will apose it and many from the general sangat. If that ever happens, Im sure that the rest of the uk sangat that already does som much seva will help us make sure those things do not happen....

Regarding the alcohol in the gurdvara, it did happen, someone brought in alcohol but they were kicked out and stuff.... it prob was a comitee member but im not sure.... but this person has not been further punished which isnt a gud thing.... as far as i know... there was no pub crawl after winning the elections.......

Finally i just wanted to say that the only reason i have posted this is due to seemingly one sided views that makes everyone who reads the above posts in the view that singh sabha slough are anti sikhi....

Can i just make another benti as well..... when it comes to community issues such as this, can the people within the communities try and resolve the issues to the best of their ability... if they cant be resolved maybe then ask for advice on forums and if the situation is to be explained please give an account that portrays the whole story.....

Please forgive me if i have offended anyone.

Please Stick to the Topic Everyone, i have deleted posts by Nama Singh and Kandola as they seem to change the topic to something else, so therefore Kan do la if you have any problems contact the admin.

Also a lot of members on the forum have simmilar usernames it doesnt mean that one is copying another.

Now No more posts regarding anything other than the topic at hand please.

well said admin. :TH:

now back to the topic. i started.

any good / bad gurudwars in ........... lets start in slough england :T:

and see where we go from here.

if its good/bad pls explain why ..

please everone get involved so we can get a picture of the state of our gurrdwara's...