My View on Khalistan

chamkila

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Babbar Khalsa took care of a LOT of Panthic enemies. Their sacrifices are written in blood in the annals of Sikh History. So are those of the Damdami Taksal. And so it is for any who gave his/her life for the cause. They did what they were meant to do, and may yet do more for the Panth.

Nevertheless...

You introduced the point that Pakistan supported the Khalistani movement, therefore it behooves you to present evidence to back up that assertion. Do not try to sideline the debate with Kashmir points. You made a point about Khalistani movement, then back it up.

If you think that only a minority of Sikhs wanted Khalistan, perhaps you need to look at the election results after 1984 in Punjab, where the Akali party was voted in by a landslide (with the assumption that they, being Sikhs, would fight for the Sikh cause. Obviously, they did not). What was the reason for voting them in?

1984 served as a jolt to the Sikh community. As the saying goes, Sant Jarnail Singh Sahib awakened the community to the realization that they are not equal citizens in India. The Sikhs awakened, but what they awakened to was not a unified Panth ready to launch an offensive. Rather, it was a Panth fragmented by crooked politicians and religious organizations whose alliances were intertwined with money rather than the religion. Couple this with the population that was going off the path of Sikhism towards drugs, alcohol and the 5 vices. Which is where we stand. The Sikh Panth shall have to be re-introduced to its core principles (look at how many youth who do not even know the names of the ten Gurus!!!) and overcome these hurdles.

That is wh

at we do at this forum. This is a center of learning, where the Sikhs (and Sikh wannabes like myself) come to learn, share and grow closer to Sikhism. That is where Sikhism must go towards. How can you ask a community to engage in war when many of its members do not even know what they are fighting for?

So as Uncle Argyle states in Barveheart, you must first learn to use the mind before you learn to use the sword. Sikhism is waking its mind. The sword shall come when the mind is awake. Then is will be seen who becomes Gupt and who roars like a Lion... :nihungsmile:

"Just imagine 19 years are gone and nothing happend but just see how much we have lost? Everyone is taking sikhs as joke. They used to take them as jokes in movies now we can see that image in real too."

Yeah...let me tell you something about that. It ain't everyone. I have a friend whose father is 62 years old. He calls me Papa Ji (quite humbling and embarassing at the same time...)!!! You think that respect is dead? Then that same friend tells me a story of a Singh Sahib who works at his local gas station (petrol pump for all you lymies). This Singh Sahib was being robbed by three local punks. Singh Sahib, who is in his forties, almost clocked all three out single-handedly (they were arrested later on and are charged with aggravated assault and attempted murder). His opinion on Sikhs: "If there is one thing I know: Don't mess with Sardarjis". Trust me, regardless of whatever Bollywood might be trying to do to the Sikh image, it isn't a reputation so easily erased. And I have met plenty of Indians. You can see the respect that many have for Sikhs. Perhaps you are hanging out with the wrong crowd. This is the legacy that our ancestors left us. That is the respect that the Khalsa has earned with blood. And that is the respe

ct that the Sikhs are trying to live up to at this and many other forums.

I have met some people who were in the Khalistani movement. Their efforts are not focused on taking out targets anymore. Know why? They understand that the issue at hand is the youth's drifting away from Sikhism. Those who are left from the movement focus on the youth because they are the future of Sikhism. They are the Sikhs who must go on to make the Panth unified and pure. They are the future of the Khalsa Panth. Take it this way: If two Sikhs go to India and protest, what will happen to them? They will be either shot on site or taken to jail for torture and murdered. No headway is made in independence. Now what if those two Sikhs go on to work on the youth? If each Sikh can turn another Sikh towards the Sikh Path, then they have just doubled rather than negated from what they began. That is the focus of the Panthic sewadaars. And that is the objective of those who come here.

The Khalistan movement is gone beyond its origional intent. The "movement" is now the Sikh movement, which wants to make the Panth a pure, strong, and to the ideals of the Guru Sahiban. That is the movement of today. Almighty willing, may it be a complete success so the Khalsa Panth can deal with other issues at hand.

P.S. What phoney jakarras have we been raising? I sure would like to know.

Guest Akaal108

Correct me if i m wrong guroo ji mentioning Khalsa Raj (96 crore khalsa raj) all over the world which was a prophecy in sau sakhi rather an peace of land (Khalistan).

In my opnion khalsa doesnt restrict to an peace of land. Khalsa raj is raj without boundaries which will come true as it was said by guroo's sahiban.

I hope people concentrate more on bring youths into sikhism than singing "Khalistan Zindabad" in western countries. We can do that later when every sikh has warrior essence in them that be "Gurbani Abhaaas" and praises of that Mahaaaaaaaaaa Akaaaaaaaaaaal. There is worst division between communties... First sort out issues with in sikhism who reject maharaj bani whether its- ragmalla, dasam patshah dii bani and sarbloh guroo durbar etc. First take care of internal issues.....and guess what??? when internal issues are solved there wouldnt be any external issues likes (rss, govt tryannies, modern ram raie, masands) because then guroo da sikh would be all under kesri nishaan sahib.

What we need is more firm faith in our guroo's sahiban and less trust in all these Khalistani Propaganda. You think i m lying. Check out burning punjab website. The people who were khalistani in 80's are secret GOI spies now. Trusting them and following them is like hitting the nail on your foot.

We need spirtual leader who has prabhu prapti like sant jarnail singh khalsa bhindranwale ji not to get an separate land but to fight the government in india....dushman nouo loohaie daa chaanie chaban walei in india itself...guroo maharaj's bani says... khalsa shall be settin at throne of delhi and lahore.....also have some faith in baba thakur singh ji maharaj

bachan's....but at the same time pursue your spirtual career and try to be saint and soldier because you be amazed how quickly or fast kaum might need heads... always be tyaar-partaaaaaaaaar hoo as sant ji said let the naam help you and to make you strong.

Life is un-predictable.. who knows when guroo maharaj gives out hakum .............

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal :e:

Let me make one thing clear before posting. My stand on Khalistan is similar to sant jee's : neither ask for it, nor deny it, or more appropriately, neither support nor oppose. If Sikhs can have a better life in the absence of dirty indian politics in Khalistan, if they get get justice, and people of all religions can live freely, then i very much support it. But if it leads to another carnage like 84 (which i am afraid it could), if it leads to "Sikh" leaders (badal/tohra type) sucking the resources from their people, then there is no point.

learner singh veerjee, for a long time i used to think the same way like u, that all these khalistanis online cannot do a single bit and are warriors only on the internet. i don't know if thats true or not. i always thought that Sikhs in india do not want khalistan, and so these misled Sikhs are crazy who talk about khalistan. But it was shocking to see that many Sikhs in india have hardly any Sikhi left in them, which is why they do NOT see the need to get any justice for themselves. To add more fuel to the fire is bollywood that has convinced the Sikh youth in india "You are bunch of jokers and everyone is supposed to laugh at you. When it pleases us we will worship u like fighters, or otherwise poke fun at u as it suits us".

pakistan, as i earlier mentioned, just wants to take credit for supporting and crushing the Khalistan movement

. Their own country is on the brink of political sabotage, who are they to support or crush any1 or anything? Please excuse my words, but it was pakistan who was used as a "mistress" by the US to attack afghanistan. i dont think any Sikh would ever trust such a qaum. It was unfortunate that some miscreants started joining the different groups fighting oppression and killed Hindus, thus defaming the entire group. i m not saying that i support militancy or "kharkooism". it is better to achieve means through diplomatic means and "wise talk". If the indian government can do justice with Sikhs, and treat them as equal citizens, and start with apologizing for 1984, then i think we can start talking on a similar wavelength and frequency. But i dont see that happening.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

grin.gif :nihungsmile: :e: worthy.gif: :St: wink2.gif learner singh, i think u had a great point from b4. And lets give us a lil credit. If u didn't know, as i do not

know where u live, i live in the Greater Toronto Canada Area. We had a SIKH film festival recently showing sikh movies made by sikhs, for sikhs and about sikhs. THeir were some indy and production documentaries shown. THey were amazing. IT WAS very nice film festival. tHE ORGANIZERS NEW HOW TO SET IT APART FROM JSUT A SHOWING OF MOVIES AS THEY HAD SEMINARS ON THE PORTRAYL OF SIKHS IN FILMS, OPERATION BLUE STAR: A UNBIAS PERSPECTIVE,AND LOTS OF OHTER THAT WERE SHOWING INBETWEEN FILMS. thIER WERE ALSO QUESTION AND ANSWER PERIODS WITH TEH DIRECTORS OF THE MOVIE AFTER EACH 1 AND A HALF HOUR SLOT OF MOVIES WHICH COULD CONTAIN ANYWHERE FROM 2 FILMS OR 5 SHORT DOCUMENTARIES. tHEY WERE ALL MIXED. ALL IN ALL, IT WAS A GREAT EVENT HELD IN TEH ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEM THEATER. ALSO, SUCH GREAT, WEALTHY, SPIRITUAL, INTELLIGENT SIKHS WERE THEIR INCLUDING, TEH FATHER OF FIBREOPTICS, (DR. GURINDER BHUPANI) AND MANY OTHERS.

There are about 5 million non-Punjabi but real Sikhs that follow Sri Guru Granth and if they and us unite, we could get Khalistan. Khalistan is not necessary because as people get educated, they happily join the Khalsa. Guru Gobind Singh Ji wrote that these Indian people will make their own fake Gurus and make a dera everywhere and that is what is happening in India. That problem will be fixed once Sikhism spreads through India. That will not be Punjabis spreading it; it will be other nations like white people. All right. Then there will be many Khalistan. One American writer writes, at the end of this century, all false religion will fall and the true one will be standing at the top. Any smoker, drinker, hair cutter, corrupt leader, etc. is not a Sikh acording to Gurbani.