Need Some Good Ideas...

sikhness

sadh sangat ji,

sat sri akal...

i was wondering if anybody has any good suggestions on how to promote a website? Somebody mentioned using Google or Adwords, but it's not that type of business website, it's a website based on sikhi? how to get the word out? any suggestions? hopefully a way that doesn't require any or much money at all... i would be ever greatful... thank you all...

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh.

rb :T:

- first optimize your site for search engines (google "search engine optimization")

- put it in your signatures in forums

- have a modern(CSS) and unique design(a unqiue forum skin for example). No one wants the same Invision skin or Vbulletin skin at every sikh site.

- Partner with other sites and have them link to you

- Join sikh yahoo groups or things of that sort and send out one or two emails promomting your site

- get a blog for your site and write things people want to read

- have a contest -- give away free keertan tapes from the 80s (that would be so awessome)

Yes Paneet,

That would so awesome if you could do that, I would definitely appreciate it. The link is http://www.sikhness.com and a description of it can be found on the main page. Check it out for yourself and see if it's something you would like to add to your blog and the sikh story contest site. Thank you so much...

rb :TH:

What is the link to your website? If you want I can put up a link on my blog and the sikh story contest site. Not that they're very popular sites, but maybe it'll help get the word out. tongue.gif

bindy bains,

see this is what is truly called "seva"... a few people, responding to somebody they don't even really know, and willing to help them out in any way they can... this is one of the times, that i am truly proud to be sikh... thank you so much for helping out and showing your love... the site's address is www.sikhness.com... and it's a site, where sikhs can get together and basically just talk about things and get support especially after 9/11... i've known many people who have cut their hair after 9/11, and i think it is preventable... i have nothing against people who do cut their hair, but i don't believe it should be done because of these 9/11 reasons... and there's some other cool stuff on there too... it's brand new and we're starting to get a lot of users now, so check it out, and please link to it... anybody that links to it, let me know, and i will definitely add your link on the sikhness.com links page as well... gotta support the cause, know what i mean?

bindy bains,

see this is what is truly called "seva"... a few people, responding to somebody they don't even really know, and willing to help them out in any way they can... this is one of the times, that i am truly proud to be sikh... thank you so much for helping out and showing your love... the site's address is www.sikhness.com... and it's a site, where sikhs can get together and basically just talk about things and get support especially after 9/11... i've known many people who have cut their hair after 9/11, and i think it is preventable... i have nothing against people who do cut their hair, but i don't believe it should be done because of these 9/11 reasons... and there's some other cool stuff on there too... it's brand new and we're starting to get a lot of users now, so check it out, and please link to it... anybody that links to it, let me know, and i will definitely add your link on the sikhness.com links page as well... gotta support the cause, know what i mean?

well i just registered, i stil have to fiqure out how to make a links sidebar for blogger.

• 2 weeks later...