Help I Wana Wear A Keski

gurufateh ji

I really, really want 2 wear a keski bt my parents are abit funi ova dis cz dey tink i will nt keep it.Bt i am against dis if i reallly wnt 2 tie it why wud i tke it off??bcuz dey gt da rong impression of wat dey heard 4rm ova ppl !well me nd my sista are goin 2 tie a keski dis yr!i jst wntd 2 knw wat u hv 2 do in order 2 wear a keski e.g. do u hv 2 keep it on when goin 2 slp and hvin a bath.

bhul chk maaf

wjkk wjkf

Do Ardaas first. Then go and sit your parents down and with humility and love explain that you wish to wear Keski. You have to explain the advantages and disadvantages of you wearing a Keski (present a balanced argument).

Negatives:

* People will stare at you.

* You may possibly get some verbal abuse on the first day of school (til people get used to it)

* People "THINK" you will find it difficult getting married.

Positives:

* You wish to please Guru Gobind Singh Ji

* You wish to respect your Kesh and maintain them well.

* You wish to wear the crown given by Guru Ji.

Show them that the positives OUTWEIGH the negatives. And also show them your courage, faith and determination.

Parents are NOT your enemies. They just think and say what they THINK is BEST FOR YOU. Just remind that you are taking a step closer to Guru Ji and Guru Ji will resolve all you affairs. Ask them the question instead: "Do you wish your daughter to follow Guru Ji's Hukam and receive the blessings and SUKH of Gursikhi Jeevan?"

Good luck :lol:

Keep faith. Be confident. And show grace and dignity - I am sure you parents will eventually understanding or get used to the idea.

Its wiked to hear you will be wearing a keski/dastaar... regarding about the questions u have...

a gursikhs head is supposed to always be covered... except for when washing ur kesh or combing! I think this is explicitly written in a few rehitname - we shud also b combing our kes twice a day!!

When u have a bath/shower, tie ur dastaar higher so u can still wash ur face properly and tie ur kirpan around ur head..... if u wear a dastaar that u wrap in ur hair first and then make the bunga it neva comes off!! so u wear when going to sleep as well....i think u can find videos on sikhnet??....

bhul chuk maaf