Suggest A Comp For Meeeee

Singhstah

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

Soo, im buying a new computer, i was hoping for sum suggestions plz. Ive already looked at a few dell comps, they look pretty good, would u reccomend any of those?

What i need it for is mainly, downloading, watching and listening to kirtan, doing homework, going on messageboards and msn, using stuff like photoshop etc..

so wats best for meee, price range id like is a maximum of about £900

ya Dells good jio. definitely. you could also try Aldi - weird suggestion but yeh aldi the cheapo supermarket. they actually have some top spec machines at amazingly cheap prices. just drop into one and have a look if u get a chance. their deals are sometimes just wicked. (i dont work for em by the way!)

if u r able to, invest in a laptop coz u seem to be able to fork out a good amount for a decent laptop. helps a great deal more than a static chunky pc.

agreed... I got me pc built custom.. the guy didn't charge me nuttin for labour 'cause i knew him.. so i only paid fa de parts...cost me $550 Canadian.. and i's pretty good! fa 900 pounds u can get somethin VERY NICE from Canada/US and have it shipped or something.. come to Canada (or get it built in canada) and youz only gonna need bout half dat!

lol, aldi, ok ill have a look there.

About getting custom made, do u have to know alot about computers parts to get one done? any good websites that make em?

yea i got my pc from aldi....its wikked!! there really cheap compared to the brands and they do the job nicely!..good luck

jio,

as for the custom building, its really good if you can find people in the uk as i persume you are there tongue.gif

its really nice and gives it a unique touch, i remember when i did these kinda things, but not that *hardcore* as some may state, just intermediate, and its really fun if you do it yourself, as for parts, you have to ask around for them >.< try some local computer shops and ask em for a discount tongue.gif tell them you are building one for yourself, it worked for me hehe :TH:

good luck....

Gur Fateh Ji

The pc i'm using at home is still pretty powerful in comparison to 'average' pcs today...eventhough i built it in 2003.

Cost me 650 uk Pawnd ..was 1400 canadia dollars at the time (i think) - yes i got the parts from canada!..if you go to vancouver theres a pretty good store called NCIX (in burnaby)..http://www.ncix.com/

anyway its a store with loads of chinese guys running around with very good deals!

If you dont need it for gaming then im sure you will be able to pick up a very good pc for your needs at a price of £400...then again if youre not planning on going to canada or know someone who's going..then these Aldi offers sound good grin.gif

:lol:

Gur fateh

lol, aldi, ok ill have a look there.

About getting custom made, do u have to know alot about computers parts to get one done? any good websites that make em?

you don't reallyn eed to know THAT much.l... but it DOES tkae some knoweledge..

gotta learn about heat sinks and proper ventilation so that your computer doesn't turn into a chunky panckae one day...

mmmmm...chunky pancake..

but i digress.

it's not hard to do.. i was going o do one for myself this summer..then irealized there was absoluetly no point in life in doing this, since i have a pretty strong comptuer currently...

and that's my story

the end.