Is Sleep Needed For Amritvela

Guest geeza

Guest geeza

dear sangat does a person have to go sleep and wake up at amritvela to do nitnem! or can they just stay wake like after 12 am do nitnem and then go sleep??????????????????????????

amrit vela is not jus nitnem

u hav 2 do simran as well

so u can do amrit vela before going to sleep but it is better to wake up at amrit vela.

gur satgur ka jo sikh akhae so bhalke uth har naam dhiaave

in cases such as late kirtan u can do amrit vela str8 away then get sum sleep afta

well.. technically ur supposed to start ur day with amrit vela... so it'd be best to sleep and then wake up and start ur day like that... in some cases that isn't feasiblie... i.e. some people who work night shift, or during examz n what not when ur up all nite studying... but i personally feel the best way to go about it is to START ur day off with amrit vela... i.e. ishnaan, simran, nitnem (at least..)...

dear all,

am i cheating ?

i do 1 week set of night 12 hrs.

from 1-7 i listen to all the parrths.....

when i get home i go to sleep.

some how i seen to miss out listening to the eveing pray cos i'm still asleep and doing the eveing pray when i get up seems wrong,...........but doing morning pray seem fine..

am i making sense ?....

i know a singh who works nights... he does is nitnem on his lunch break at work... and he gts home usualyl around 7 or 8 am... he gets up late afternoon, does ishnaan, rehras sahib da paath, and then eats n what not.. then goes to work around 10 or 11sh... i feel with that type of work schedule it becomes a lil difficult, but it can be done... as long as u do ur stuff everyday thats fine... i feel that situation is unique and therefore can have some compromise madt to it..