Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji...

hummmmmmmmmm 42 views and 0 responces....

grin.gif

either cyber Sikh sangat i) dont know 2) do know but cant be asked / dont wanto to reply or C) they just dont care about Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji's Shaheed ohmy.gifno.gif .

Ive heard June 2nd, June 4th and June 5th. I know its celebrated for 3 days huna, which three days?...

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

According to the Nanakshahi calender on my wall, its on the 16th June

Khalsa Fateh

I heard the nanakshai calender waleh moved the date forward because the real date was very close to the date the indian army invaded and they rather ppl forgot about that event...anyways thats wat i was told...apologies for my ignorance..please correct me.

Khalsa Fateh

Davinder..i very much doubt that.

Waheguru and Taksali.. if you want to continue folowing the moon. you can do so. The reaosn why it was 3 June 1984 is because they at the time where following te moon calandar, which means dates change.

NanakShahi calandar follows the sun year.

TS are you above the panth or is the Panth abvoe you (i'm not way too fond of the calandar myself...but Panthic unity... goes infront of everything. Panth's decision is binding to all)

Panthic unity is absolutely top but perhaps the price to pay is far too big - that is to expect us to ignore the real dates our Guru came to this earth etc etc.

Making up dates or not celebrating them on time is like erasing the history tosome extent don't you think?

Davinder..i very much doubt that.

Waheguru and Taksali.. if you want to continue folowing the moon. you can do so. The reaosn why it was 3 June 1984 is because they at the time where following te moon calandar, which means dates change.

NanakShahi calandar follows the sun year.

TS are you above the panth or is the Panth abvoe you (i'm not way too fond of the calandar myself...but Panthic unity... goes infront of everything. Panth's decision is binding to all)

wjkkwjkp!

I never said i was above anyone, let alone the Panth so please dont make nonsense remarks like that.

People argue over calendars and dates everyday. We all talk about Pantik Unity, so why not do this. Use whichever calendar you want Bikrami or Nanakshahi and celebrate the Gurpurbh on BOTH dates.

Heck our Guroo's are the King of Kings, why not celebrate their Gurpurbhs on more than one occasion - just a solution to the ongoing back biting...

wjkkwjkp!

I like your solution of celebrating it both dates. On the other hand I still disagree with disagreeing with a calandar accepted by the Akal Thakhat.

Who are we to reject it?

SSM the dates our Guru's came on this planet are long lost. There is no absolute date. Mohsin fani will say one thing, Janam Sakhis will say another. Read Cunninghams book...i it he writes the different dates provided by the different contemporary writes. Sometiems the dates differe not only by months and days byut by YEARS they were born. They day they were born is irrelevant. THey're contribution is not.

The Panth has made a decision, The Panth is above all.