Question about Appearance?

gurfateh

i was jst thinkin u knw how sikhs shouldnt use bleach isnt it the same as using gel becuz guruji says you shouldnt change ur natural appearance. And also if you wear braces 2 straighten ur teeth dtz also chngin ur natural appearance isn't it??i wz jst wondering!!

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

aint u aloud 2 use gel?? my hair is proper afro tho!! :@

ohmy.gif

rly??

omadayz

but i suppose it makes he person happy 2 wer braces...thats tru i never thought of that!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

but then how far would u take that then?.. sum1 could say if u break ur arm, why try to fix it?...or if u get a disease why try to cure urself? the whole thing behind bleaching ur hair is that ur trying to hide ur hairs, and not only that, bleaching burns ur hair... i personally am not a fan of gelling (i used to gel my dari, but not anymore)... i guess the whole point of gelling is to make ur dari look smaller and more 'neat'... but now that i look at it, dari looks so much better open flowing :@ ... gellin ur dari isn't really altering the appearance of it... its jus stickin it to ur face ...

i guess the whole point of gelling is to make ur dari look smaller and more 'neat'

Sikhi is not against neatness.. quite the opposite.

Do lions gel their manes?! Manes are their HONOUR; Just Like Singh's Darha Sahib is his honour.

gellin ur dari isn't really altering the appearance of it... its jus stickin it to ur face

yep, it is indeed quite discusting. Gelling damages your hair as well; making it more crinkly and hard - Whereas natural hair is soft as silk.

------------------------------

also if you wear braces 2 straighten ur teeth dtz also chngin ur natural appearance isn't it??

you only get braces if it affects your health. Next thing you ask is whether medicine changes us.

Pakhand Na karo Ji - Guru Ji's hukam is Guru Ji's hukam.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I think wearing gel is different thing to bleach because wearing gel doesnt change or alter how God made you, but rather makes it appear differently temporarly, and it can be washed out, just like when you wear clothes it doesnt change how God made you but it protects your body for insulation.

About braces i dont know... taht is changing your appearance... but if you try to think of in a different way... the teeth that God gave you is still the same... but they are just arranged slightly different when you wear braces.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

FOLLOW YOUR HEART.

making a black and white standard for the more trivial things in sikhi isn't going to make youthe greatest singh in the world.

Kesh is kesh. It's a VITAL part of sikhi. respect them to the utmost of your hearts desire and ability. teeth..not os much.. i asked this question too... and it true..how far are you gonna go... don't try to find boundaires and lines based on what other people think... draw your own boundaries with some soul saerching.. deicide for yourself what you think is appropriate and what isn't, and of course, makke sure it is in line with what we know that Guruji has prescribed in terms of kesh and kakaars.

gurfateh

i was jst thinkin u knw how sikhs shouldnt use bleach isnt it the same as using gel becuz guruji says you shouldnt change ur natural appearance. And also if you wear braces 2 straighten ur teeth dtz also chngin ur natural appearance isn't it??i wz jst wondering!!

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

Well i can see why gel should not be used - as when you are wearing dastar, no one is going to see your hair! so there is little point in wearing it... as for bleach, i never heard of that before, waht about stains and coffe spills?

In regards to teeth braces and other forms of braces, it is not natuarl to have missplaced or crowded teeth, the same goes for peopel with back problems operations, a brace is often needed. These are not cosmetic neccesarily, but for medical reasons.

This is as worthy of debate as the nails and hair debate.

Of course one can alter certain parts of his body, he cuts his nails, he brushes his teeth, he even goes to the gents to rid himself of certain things in his body and so he is changing himself, better still, he is made to change himself.

But the hair is one of the 5 Ks, that cannot be changed in anyway, we are not worthy of changing that. Bleaching on of the 5ks is plain and simple wrong.

Fateh

omg....never thought uv that....cuz ima getting my braces soon.....isnt taht ok cuz its jus to straighten our teeth plus sumtimes if u really badly need braces and u dun get em they could damage ur teeth/even mouth,rite?.....and i g2 keertan/tabla classes and one uv da tabla guys is amrit-dhaari and he has braces....nunn wrong wid dat wacko.gif

Fateh