Now Its Really Gettin Frustrating.....

WJKK WJKF

yo sangat ji....well you see.....its been like a month now since i ever woke up for amrit vela at like 4 no.gif and well.....i dunno.....i mean.....during da winter it was awesome.....4 a.m each morning....and now in da summer.....is it becuz i go to sleep late?i go to sleep at 10.....but like it jus happens...i mean i go to bed at 9....and i jus sit there thinkin......and out uv nowhere u look at da time and its 9:45.....is it my fauilt dat i have such deep thoughts dat i forget ima in this world?? wacko.gif .....and then.....well my alarm clock obviously goes off at 4 and my body just feels so damn weak....and my eyes barely open....i jus fall back....once i was on da phone wid ma sis(not blood related) and we toked till 2a.m....and i had to get up at 4.....so i only had 2 hours uv sleep yet da entire day....first i go for simran at dixie then we had a kertan program....i was awake al day wid only 2 hours uv sleep!!!.....and now......can barely get up at 6 no.gif .....and i seriously hate myself for this :@ .....any advice da sanagt could give this moorakh please??? tongue.gif : thnx in advance!!!!(sorry for da long post)

WJKK WJKF

sleep on the floor of your bedroom. Only cover yourself with a light blanket, enough to leave you feeling a bit cold.

You'll be more than happy when the alarm goes off....glad you can get up, take a warm shower, and feel warm again and do some simran.

hey, it worked for me.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

If you really want to get up you will. If in the back of your head you dont then you wont. Act like the Guru is waiting for you to do Simran and banis with you after you take a shower and you are making him wait out in the cold while its raining. Once you know Guru NanakJi is sitting next to you then you will understand why you get up.

If you sleep through AmritVela then you are dead while alive.

To go to bed earlier go do something active in the day that will make you tired. One thing I do is seva at the Gurdwara were your on your feet all day like: vacuum everything, clean all the bathrooms,sweep things spotless, anything on your feet and when you get home youll want to go to sleep and be lazy at night.

You sound like you want to but your spirit has to want to.

I BOW TO THE SHABAD GURU

:WW:

post-5391-1149736292_thumb.jpg

If you really want to get up you will. If in the back of your head you dont then you wont. Act like the Guru is waiting for you to do Simran and banis with you after you take a shower and you are making him wait out in the cold while its raining. Once you know Guru NanakJi is sitting next to you then you will understand why you get up.

If you sleep through AmritVela then you are dead while alive.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Fully agree with what you said. Sub-conciencly you will always get up @ amrit-vela as you know you have to, but your body and mind drag you back into sleep. I've lied half asleep, half awake in bed during amrit-vela battling with my mind to wake up.

But you're right you need to act as if Guru Ji is waiting for you. It is difficult, the battle against sleep is tough!

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Pritam Singh, wonderful post d_oh.gif

The one thing that wakes me want to wake for amritvela everyday is that i know Guru Sahib is waiting for me to come and sit with him to do paath. Why would i make him wait all amritwela, and then not even wake?

By far i think amritvela is very hard for most people. You have to have the desire to wake for amritvela and the desire to sit and recite paath with a one-pointed mind.

Bhainjee, people are going to tell you over and over "do ardaas" and its right. We may do ardaas millions of times; but if we do not have that faith while doing ardaas that Guru Sahib WILL wake us up, then he wont.

Whatever we say, whatever we do is by his will, and only his will.

Guru Sahib says:

This Shabad is by Bhai Gurdaas Ji in Vaars Bhai Gurdaas on Pannaa 12

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) pishhal raathee(n) out(h) beha(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who get up in the last quarter of night.

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) a(n)mrith vaalaa sar nyaava(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who getting up in the ambrosial hours, and bathe in the holy tank.

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) eik man hoe gur jaap japa(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who remember the Lord with single devotion.

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) saadhh sa(n)gath chal jaae jurra(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs also who go to the holy congregation and sit there.

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) gurabaaneenith gaae suna(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who sing and listen to Gurbani daily.

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n) man maelee kar mail mila(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who meet others whole-heartedly.

kurabaanee thinaa(n) gurasikhaa(n)bhaae bhagath gurapurab kara(n)dhae||

I am sacrifice unto those Gursikhs who celebrate Guru’s anniversaries with full devotion.

gur saevaa fal sufal fala(n)dhae ||a||

Such Sikhs become blest by the service of the Guru and progress further successfully.

Bhainjee, thirst for amritvela is very very good, but like i said even if you do ardaas millions of times, but dont have that full faith in HIM, nothing will happen.

Here is a sakhi. (I dont know the names of the singhs, so forgive me sangath blush.gif )

There was this man, and he was a brick store owner, and he truely desired that his bricks be fully baked. He went to Guru Jee, and he asked Guru Jee, if he could do ardaas for him to make sure his bricks were fully baked. As this would be great for his company and his family. So as Guru Jee told the singh he would do ardaas the singh left and went back to his business. As he was waiting to see if the bricks were fully baked they came out and they werent! He was furiuos. His wife kept telling him to go to Amritsar and ask Guru Jee, why his bricks did not come out fully baked. Guru sahib then asked him " did you see a man waiting outside your store?" The singh then said " i do remeber, he was saying "your bricks are not going to be fully baked". Guru sahib then told the singh that he sent that man, becuse the singh did not believe that guru sahib could do such a thing, he had no faith.

The moral of the sakhi: Have faith in guru sahib, he will not leave your praayers unanswered if you fully do it with love for your guru .

I dont know if this post made much sence..

Stay in chardee kalaa bhainjeee :@

This is a test, a road block.

We're all on the stairs of the spirtual staircase, and throughout that staircase there are big rocks blocking the way. We have the figure out the way to remove the rocks and carry on.

Take care bhainjeee

Bull chaak maaph karneee sangath jeeo.

Vahegurujeekakhalsa

Vahegurujeekeefateh

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Im not trying to jump on anyones case but when you use the bowing character use it after saying Guru Sahib and not my name, might as well anyone elses name. It appears to be touching my feet or submitting to my word. Gurus word is the only words worth bowing to.

When you eat, sleep and laugh you start to forget about God.{ not that you cant do these, but you must remember God before,during and after these }

Just so you guys know for future reference.

Im not trying to yell at anyone of you sweet sikhs that want to arise at Amritvela.

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU REAL SIKHS :a+

I bow to the Shabad Guru d_oh.gif

post-5391-1149788430.jpg