Guru Nanak A Muslim - Not!

Guest Singh_jee

the first 6 gurus didn't wear dastars they used to wear a hat type thing... and it was guru hargobind sahib that made our dastar the way it is today...

i think so any way any one like 2 correct me?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

hahhahh,

its funny ( no, it really is ) how those rss and other hindu groups are trying to get sikhism to merge. All I can say is, its a good strategy for taking out the weaker sikhs from our religion.

We have had martyr's that have done things, that nobody, nobody has done or ever though of doing for anything, let alone religion. Sitting on a burning plate while not bowing away from the satgurprasad.

But the only people affected by this propaganda, are the weaker link . Comparing this to old time, this would roughly translate to, cowards who are willing to betray everything, and convert under fear of death.

So people, dont worry about this propaganda, our foundation is strong, and when foundation is strong, storms come and go, while the strongest still stand.

Trust me people, guru's have made a strong enough sacrifice that things like this, come and go, but those who truly are gursikhs, they are not even touched by these things.

For example, look at nirankaris, now they have done something worse than rss, they broke away form our religion, mixed it up with their own <banned word filter activated>(literally). I am sure you people know that a person is considered holy in Nirankarism, if his excreta (feces), does not smell.

Now you see, i have given pretyt good examples, so people, brush this aside, and let us focus our god given quota of energy ( and breaths ) on something more important. And besides, if people were to follow sikhism and do seva, they seperate themselves from this Kalyug, and RSS and nirankaris stuff wont matter to them, afterall that is what we are here to do in human birth. Fall in love with the 5 vices, and who knows, you might as well b born as a chicken in ur next life, and so on until u pass through each time

TRUE Jashans

The picture is just a picture.

It has the green light around his head because Muslims use this to show Mohammed as being a godly man, thus stating that GuruJi was a person who God created to teach the masses a true way of the path of God.

He has the tilak, earings and multi colored quilt to show Sadhus if with Gods grace they are on the path of God.

The malas are just saying that Gurui meditated alot.

Most pics of GuruNanak has a long mala on his head. Stating that GuruJi was always meditating God in his head.

We are not Muslim and get upset over a pic.{I can see if it was degreading the Guru or the religion} This pic isnt degrading it is symbolizing they Gurus message. He was the only one brave enough to do this and both sides were shocked and puzzled at this and his message.

So dont start crying :) about a pic like the muslims did at the Danish newspaper of mohamed :@ , its just a pic and a somewhat respectable one to religion in general.

the first 6 gurus didn't wear dastars they used to wear a hat type thing... and it was guru hargobind sahib that made our dastar the way it is today...

i think so any way any one like 2 correct me?

No Nanak was the only one who wore the hat thing of a Musalman Qalandar.

But GuruJi also wore a turban, and passed this down to the next Gurus to wear a Turban only.

This is a pic of Guru Ji giving a saropa to Guru Amar Das but Guru Amar Das liked to wear his saropa on his head instead of around his neck like I do and many others who wear theirs.

I have tons n tons of pics. Im glad they are enough for people to take notice of.

post-5391-1149893940_thumb.jpg

post-5391-1149894415.jpg

Whats your point? We arent worshipping these. We are discussing them.

I thought the picture would exist in my hand { that wouldnt exist anymore after death}

LAME your post sounded cool but only for a brief milisecond.

Guru Nanak wasnt Jyot he had Jyot in his body and mind and passed it to Guru Angad etc.

If GuruJi was the light Guru Angad wouldnt have been able to pass it the the 3rd Guru.

How is there jyot in SGGS if Guru Nanak was the Jyot?

post-5391-1149900642_thumb.jpg

That picture is anti-Gurmat. Flaws have been pointed out already by other posters. No picture was made during the times of Guru Ji. Pictures were made during the 1800s under the influence of hinduism. No picture can describe the greatness and jalal of Guru Ji. Guru Ji = too great for pictures. However, pictures of Shaheeds are okay. What pics we have, we have. The goal should be not to make any new pictures. This pictures shows earings, tilak, topi, beard with lines, cuts??, maalas and bala didn't even exist.

This sakhi was written in late 18th century by anti-Sikh forces. Who was it?? Descendents of Handaal. Handaal was set up as a parchaarak but later he got corrupted and his descendets wrote this sakhi to promote handaal to be the greatest ever.

To read more about this Sakhi book, read a book called Kattak kae Visaakh. It was written by first Sikh historian, Karam Singh Historian.

That picture is anti-Gurmat. Flaws have been pointed out already by other posters. No picture was made during the times of Guru Ji. Pictures were made during the 1800s under the influence of hinduism. No picture can describe the greatness and jalal of Guru Ji. Guru Ji = too great for pictures. However, pictures of Shaheeds are okay. What pics we have, we have. The goal should be not to make any new pictures. This pictures shows earings, tilak, topi, beard with lines, cuts??, maalas and bala didn't even exist.

This sakhi was written in late 18th century by anti-Sikh forces. Who was it?? Descendents of Handaal. Handaal was set up as a parchaarak but later he got corrupted and his descendets wrote this sakhi to promote handaal to be the greatest ever.

To read more about this Sakhi book, read a book called Kattak kae Visaakh. It was written by first Sikh historian, Karam Singh Historian.

:TH: Well said.. we should actually not be hanging picutres on the wall that depict the guru's, some people take it out of context...

00003jat.jpg

The picture is just a picture.

It has the green light around his head because Muslims use this to show Mohammed as being a godly man, thus stating that GuruJi was a person who God created to teach the masses a true way of the path of God.

He has the tilak, earings and multi colored quilt to show Sadhus if with Gods grace they are on the path of God.

The malas are just saying that Gurui meditated alot.

Most pics of GuruNanak has a long mala on his head. Stating that GuruJi was always meditating God in his head.

We are not Muslim and get upset over a pic.{I can see if it was degreading the Guru or the religion} This pic isnt degrading it is symbolizing they Gurus message. He was the only one brave enough to do this and both sides were shocked and puzzled at this and his message.

So dont start crying :) about a pic like the muslims did at the Danish newspaper of mohamed :@ , its just a pic and a somewhat respectable one to religion in general.

Khalsa Ji, you have a point, but in Sikhi we have nothing but Gurbani to worship as it's the way to Waheguru. You know this. We don't need pictures to tell us what our Guru's looked like, as this is forbiddne just as it is in Islam, If we allow it to continue, then the youth will start worship it, just as some idiotic elders do. I'm glad that in some of the Gurdwara's i've been to, they've removed such pictures from the main Darbar.

Lion Child: they could just be looking at the pic and someone with a camera took a pic and made it look like they are worshipping it. But again they could be but that isnt evidence of pic worship

They could make it look like you were also with the perfect sitch and timing.

Check out this video {my daughter will watch this all day long.... I think because of the women and what they are singing about}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lU8YyR3UYc&search=khalsa Are they worshipping pics in the background or just showing GuruJis Divinity? Is this wrong or is this the Gurus Mansion?

post-5391-1149951316.jpg

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Yeah i actually think pics should be forbidden... because it messes with kids heads (saying wiv my own experience)... because most of Sikhs are bought up in Hindu society as 40% of Punjab is Hindu... and Sikhs are obviously gonna mistake them as 'another God' because Hindu's worship pics of the Gurus (do actual aarti of them etc because they believe they were God's)... and if we never had pics of them... surely the kids will get the message or will ask thier parents why they havent got pics... and then parents will be able to make them understand they aint Gods.. and God is formless...

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Guru Nanak wasnt Jyot he had Jyot in his body and mind and passed it to Guru Angad etc.

If GuruJi was the light Guru Angad wouldnt have been able to pass it the the 3rd Guru.

did you even read my post? I said Guru is a jot. GU RU = light which dispels darkness. Nanak was the name of the human body Guru Nanak was that divine jot which was passed on to the 9 other guru sahibs. You can justify your pics anyway you like. it's your life.

Pictures portray what the artist wants them to portray. The power lies with the painter. The painters were human beings. The Divine painter who gave us shabad Guru is God himself. I would rather follow the divine painter rather some human painter who has his/her own intentions.

I think you said you were a western sikh. So you may not know that people in punjab etc worship these pictures as their guru. This is why i brought it up.

peace.