1981 - 1984 Hijacking Singhs

Guest gurpreet_singh101

Perhaps I am unclear. Hijacking an airliner in an international and PUNISHABLE offense. This rule does NOT step aside to accomodate even peaceful protest.

The Indian government (like any other government) may have broken countless international laws. What of it? Since when is that credence for Sikhs to break the law?

I would like to reiterate that it is a punishable offense that DOES NOT take into account the nature of the hijacking (was it peaceful? did the hostages hug the terrorists? were the hostages happy?). This implies one simple thing: those responsible ought to be punished accordingly.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Narinder Singh

Perhaps I am unclear. Hijacking an airliner in an international and PUNISHABLE offense. This rule does NOT step aside to accomodate even peaceful protest.

The Indian government (like any other government) may have broken countless international laws. What of it? Since when is that credence for Sikhs to break the law?

I would like to reiterate that it is a punishable offense that DOES NOT take into account the nature of the hijacking (was it peaceful? did the hostages hug the terrorists? were the hostages happy?). This implies one simple thing: those responsible ought to be punished accordingly.

U sound very niave and blind to the reality of things, instead of trying to prosecuting a few Sikhs who harmed no one, and had no intent of harming anyone, u should focus more of ur energy trying capturing the b*astards who killed over 200,000 innocent Sikhs.

This implies one simple thing: those responsible ought to be punished accordingly.

And how do u think they should be punished? And in what country? India? They govt. of India doesnt even abide by its own laws. A lawless govt punishing a few harmless Sikhs...let justice prevail!!!

U sound very niave and blind to the reality of things, instead of trying to prosecuting a few Sikhs who harmed no one, and had no intent of harming anyone, u should focus more of ur energy trying capturing the b*astards who killed over 200,000 innocent Sikhs.

If there was violence towards the Sikhs, what will violence towards those who caused it accomplish? Regretably people think violence solves everything. It solves nothing. Calling people b*astards is an act of violence. It's an act of hatred. Is this truly the Sikh way?

No no, please, it wasn't rhetorical. Humor me.

Is calling people b*astards (a term of hatred) the Sikh way?

Regards

Guest Narinder Singh

If there was violence towards the Sikhs, what will violence towards those who caused it accomplish? Regretably people think violence solves everything. It solves nothing. Calling people b*astards is an act of violence. It's an act of hatred. Is this truly the Sikh way?

Regards

How am i being violent? By calling cold blooded killers by what they truly are? And how is bringing people to justice who had a hand in the killing of innocent people an act of violence? If violence solves nothing and can never be used to do good then you have completely misunderstood Sikhi. Yes of course violence is always the last resort, and god forbid that people get hurt (from both sides), but u forget that Sikhi is a practical faith, and as a Sikh, one must know how to defend him or herself. You're probably one of those people who thinks that it was wrong to kill Indra Gandhi and the rest of the thugs who WERE RESPONSIBLE for killing Sikhs.

Then I think it is safe to say that I am very disillusioned by Sikhi. It would seem by the bulk of the responses and threads here, that Sikhism is a religion of pride, power and violence. In my books, and in the books of Buddhists, for instance, these tenets are counter-productive to spiritual growth.

I would much rather align myself with a faith whose members don't believe the lowest common denominator is violence and hatred.

who is in violence and hatred(huh) here???

do u think tht job of police is spreading violence and hatred???

in a layman..khalsa is the police...akaal purakh di fauj (army of god)...

if a policeman kills a dacoit..a tyrant..wud u say thts violence??

i guess ..this answer should end ure misconception abt sikhi

waheguroooo

Guest PunjabSingh

What is the relevance of this unusual (and highly unlikely) hostage reaction -- that is, the endearment of the hijackers? Even if this were the case, does this condone the committing of an internationally recognizaed illegal act of terrorism? If it were to appease a group of people (as these hostages were appeased), does a Sikh engage in murder? Where is line drawn in terms of what a Sikh can and should do when it comes to breaking/bending the rules of the law?

Ignorant Curiousgeorge here is a piece of information for you.

When Indra Gandhi was sent to jail during India's emergency days by the Pandey brothers no one in India called it an international act of terrorism instead 2 hindu Pandey brothers were given ministries in Bihar and UP states of India.Whereas Sikh hijackers had to find refuge in other countries.

Pandey brothers blew up the plane whereas Sikh hijackers did this to protest and highlight what the indian govt had done during operation bluestar .Moreover the Sikh hijackers did not cause any harm to the passengers.

So now you agree India has seperate rules for Sikhs and Hindus.

das nimana

Guest PunjabSingh

Regards

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi's principle does not hold good in Sikhism.

http://www.shiromanikhalsadal.net/download..._15-11-2005.wmv

Bhai Bittu said this immediately after release from jail after many years .

He said if to get our rights whichever path we followed after 1984 operation bluestar and anti sikh pogroms and if need be that path will be followed again if need be for our rights.

But at the moment Bhai Bittu and others are trying their level best to carry on their activities peacefully.Unfortunately they are not being allowed to do it peacefully even.Not only this they are being attacked violently.

But still Sardar Mann has said today they will attend the July 21,2006 religious function and other religious functions even if they have to give their lives in the process.

Not only this Mann dal will reply in the same coin if need be.

And for your kind info the disciples of Gandhi are also no longer following his teachings .

Then I think it is safe to say that I am very disillusioned by Sikhi. It would seem by the bulk of the responses and threads here, that Sikhism is a religion of pride, power and violence. In my books, and in the books of Buddhists, for instance, these tenets are counter-productive to spiritual growth.

I would much rather align myself with a faith whose members don't believe the lowest common denominator is violence and hatred.

if u feel that way, then why dont u just get lost